Thanks Richo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Richo

It didn't turn out to be what we all wanted, (Saints success) But I for one, want to express my respect and thanks to you Alan Richardson for always putting the club first, even at the final press conference. As far as I'm concerned, you are always welcome to our club.... you embraced us, did your best, and maintained integrity and dignity. Sadly it was not to be. I wish you and your loved ones every success and happiness going forward.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks Richo

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:51pm It didn't turn out to be what we all wanted, (Saints success) But I for one, want to express my respect and thanks to you Alan Richardson for always putting the club first, even at the final press conference. As far as I'm concerned, you are always welcome to our club.... you embraced us, did your best, and maintained integrity and dignity. Sadly it was not to be. I wish you and your loved ones every success and happiness going forward.
Yep, plus one from me.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Great post Jiggs. Great post.

I posted similar feelings. I hope those that wanted Alan to fail at every step are now happy.

The Saints train keeps rolling on nonetheless! 😁

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

That press conference was unsettling. Richo was Richo, you know what you are going to get - except AR reminded Finnis he was not to mention family; may be the first time he has stood up in a meeting with the CEO. Finnis was underwhelming and unreasonably self satisfied with himself; I wonder if he felt any discomfort about his role in the coaching problems we have had for years. No mention of why the extension; no Board Member in sight (?); players looked like they were forced to attend and didn't understand what was going on. It was low key, unemotional, nothing to see here CEO speak - good and faithful servant retires, not a big deal. Talk of good governance and due process when clearly that's not our culture (See D. Hannebery recruitment). How can we have confidence in the CEO when he is clearly speaking clap trap. I look forward to AR's book when it comes out in time for Christmas. Finnis will want another tame coach, I'm not sure that's what we need or what he will get.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

His book will be a huge seller, despite being almost 7000 pages long and published over 16 volumes.

“Strong at the Contest”: Volumes 1 - 16 by Alan

Page 1, Chapter 1: “Pleasing”

Yeah nah, it was a pleasing day back in 2014, a contest was brewing when I said to the boys, “yeah nah....” zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Copyright 2020 Rohypnol Publishing..

Look again it's the Flash!!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:51pm It didn't turn out to be what we all wanted, (Saints success) But I for one, want to express my respect and thanks to you Alan Richardson for always putting the club first, even at the final press conference. As far as I'm concerned, you are always welcome to our club.... you embraced us, did your best, and maintained integrity and dignity. Sadly it was not to be. I wish you and your loved ones every success and happiness going forward.
ditto

yes, and it is pleasing to say this

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!