Well done to the Club!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well done to the Club!

G'day Folks! :D Just wanted to pay tribute to the initiative taken by the club in organising yesterday's "Crest Event" at RSEA Park. It was terrific! Those of us who attended were given a guided tour of the new facility, and I found this to be (a) most interesting and (b) an excellent way to create a bond between club and supporters. After the tour we were then privileged to hear a presentation from Mr Roger Chitty, whose father Peter Chitty played for the Saints and was the recipient of the Changi Brownlow Medal. Roger's interesting speech highlighted the sacrifice and bravery of our Diggers during what must have been a dreadful period of their lives as Prisoners Of War. The presentation provided (for myself anyway) some perspective on life, and that this does not always revolve around a few results on the field of play.
The match was displayed on multiple HD screens around the venue. Those present were lively and gave an atmosphere that was ALMOST like being at the game itself. OKAY! the result was not what any of us wanted, but how good was it, to be among fellow Sainters, chatting over a beer or soft drink and watching the footy together? It's early days I know, but I get the sense of a really good vibe at RSEA Park...... I look forward to attending the next interstate game at our TRUE Home! Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
suss
Club Player

Re: Well done to the Club!

Did you see the lecture room? The team principles / photos was Billy Slater's work I'm told. Seems like he's having a big impact in leadership and team morale.