Lead every stat other than....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Lead every stat other than....

More possessions tackles clearances inside 50’s yet get smashed 25-12 in free kicks. That is in a 13 point game. Two horrendous frees to Kennedy both goals one too Cripps on Sinclair goal to WC and s mark gifted to NicNat when he was behind another goal. Blatant frees our way ignored Sheed McGovern diving on the ball play on blocks and push outs on Paddy ignored. How long must we cop this cheating s***.

By the way shame Jack Riewoldt missed tonight with that serious f***** head knock.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lead every stat other than....

Clangers 61-38 our way, but don’t let that get in the way of your narrative!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:58pm Clangers 61-38 our way, but don’t let that get in the way of your narrative!
25 of those are frees Bellend. When your competing against 25 there’s more pressure.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Paddy goal from a 50m penalty, Lonie goal from dropping at the knees to get high contact... don’t mention them either! :)

Swings and roundabouts my friend, swings and roundabouts.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:08am Paddy goal from a 50m penalty, Lonie goal from dropping at the knees to get high contact... don’t mention them either! :)

McCartins was a clear 50 the player was clearly too close. Lonie got hit clearly high no one could argue other wise.

These three calls were all biased and wrong in the context of the game.

Nic Nat mark
Sinclair HTB
Webster HTB

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:08am Paddy goal from a 50m penalty, Lonie goal from dropping at the knees to get high contact... don’t mention them either! :)

F@rk Off - I will take the warning - or the banning - but just F@rk Off!!!!!!

Tonight - on the night of our best game of the season you come here sprouting this shite - this game could be the turning point of this young group of kids and you are just full of bile and cr@p.

JUST F@RK OFF!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair tried to put his arm up to break the tackle, got taken to ground and just dropped the ball, incorrect disposal so I can understand the free kick.

Webster tried to take Kennedy on, got tackled and spun 360 (had an arm free so no sling tackle), taking on a tackler now automatically means prior opportunity, so I can understand the free kick.

Lonie dropped at the knees to draw a high tackle, I could see that going either way, went our way so that’s good, but no better or worse a decision than those top 2.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:14am

Tonight - on the night of our best game of the season you come here sprouting this shite - this game could be the turning point of this young group of kids and you are just full of bile and cr@p.

JUST F@RK OFF!!!!!
Spouting s***? You mean not constantly whinging about umpiring and instead focusing on what the St Kilda players are doing well and not so well?

Yeah, ok mate.

Believe it or not you can both support your team and be objective.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:18am Sinclair tried to put his arm up to break the tackle, got taken to ground and just dropped the ball, incorrect disposal so I can understand the free kick.

Webster tried to take Kennedy on, got tackled and spun 360 (had an arm free so no sling tackle), taking on a tackler now automatically means prior opportunity, so I can understand the free kick.

Lonie dropped at the knees to draw a high tackle, I could see that going either way, went our way so that’s good, but no better or worse a decision than those top 2.

And Nic Nat was in front?
And Gresh was not just lain on?

P!ss Off
The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:21am
Spouting s***? You mean not constantly whinging about umpiring and instead focusing on what the St Kilda players are doing well and not so well?

Yeah, ok mate.

Save it for tomorrow - today is for celebrating a fantastic effort - not detracting from the kids efforts

I am disappointed at the loss - and even more so that it was so close after expecting a thrashing - but really - you are on the nose tonight!

And just for clarity - I used to umpire - so I know that it is not easy - and I pulled some howlers as well - but FFS tonight we was robbed

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:18am Sinclair tried to put his arm up to break the tackle, got taken to ground and just dropped the ball, incorrect disposal so I can understand the free kick.

Sinclair had no prior was immediately tackled from behind
No WC player was pinned for similar.

Webster no prior and slung to the ground free to Webster.

Lonie got hit high in a contest for the ball he didn’t see the tackle coming so he can’t be guilty of ducking.

What about NicNats mark?
What about McKenzies clear Mark with 3 minutes left not paid?
Paddy just barrelled in the back play on Kennedy goals.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I’ve only watched the first half but NicNat seems a particular favourite of the umpires in Perth.

That mark where he not only did he not have first touch, but never had a clear purchase on the ball. And three blatant throws in the first quarter. Luckily only one of them resulted in a goal.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
chico2001
Club Player

There were a couple of bad decisions but we still butchered the ball going forward.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:29am

Sinclair had no prior was immediately tackled from behind
No WC player was pinned for similar.

Webster no prior and slung to the ground free to Webster.

Lonie got hit high in a contest for the ball he didn’t see the tackle coming so he can’t be guilty of ducking.

What about NicNats mark?
What about McKenzies clear Mark with 3 minutes left not paid?
Paddy just barrelled in the back play on Kennedy goals.
I’m not saying they didn’t make mistakes, I’m just saying don’t invent ones that aren’t there. As soon as you take on a tackler it counts as you’ve had prior opportunity, so if you don’t get rid of it you’re gone, that’s the rule. It was a hard tackle, he had an arm free, head didn’t hit the ground, that’s gone. No robbery there.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:21am And just for clarity - I used to umpire - so I know that it is not easy - and I pulled some howlers as well - but FFS tonight we was robbed
That’s exactly right, it’s a difficult job and you made mistakes.

You weren’t a cheat. You weren’t a maggot. You weren’t part of some grand conspiracy.

Some people on here need to take a step back and get some real perspective.

We as a team need to take ownership of our shortcomings and work hard to improve, not look for excuses and try shift the blame to things we have no control over.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 1:39am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:21am And just for clarity - I used to umpire - so I know that it is not easy - and I pulled some howlers as well - but FFS tonight we was robbed
That’s exactly right, it’s a difficult job and you made mistakes.

You weren’t a cheat. You weren’t a maggot. You weren’t part of some grand conspiracy.

Some people on here need to take a step back and get some real perspective.

We as a team need to take ownership of our shortcomings and work hard to improve, not look for excuses and try shift the blame to things we have no control over.
Yes we do need to work hard and take ownership of our issues - but seriously tonight - and the past 3 v WC away we have seen an unfair umpire influence. Tonight we win if the umpiring was not influencing the game. Simples

Tonight we improved - still not perfect - but if the top team needs help in beating us on their own dung heap then they are pretenders.

The umps missed some for us and some for them - they gave some soft ones to them - and last night they robbed us of a win. In the cold light of day this may help our drafting - but we won last night - maybe not on the scoreboard but we won

― Aristophanes

spert
Saintsational Legend

As much as the umpiring was confusing, we really did ourselves no favours with our ball butchering- we could have had three more goals if we hadn't butchered the ball.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 8:56am As much as the umpiring was confusing, we really did ourselves no favours with our ball butchering- we could have had three more goals if we hadn't butchered the ball.
We all understand that but that doesn’t take away the fact the umpiring was biased. Early on you could see the different interpretations being applied to each side.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Third quarter.

I’m not sure how you can have the ball kicked out of your hands (Jack Sinclair) to the extent where the umpire calls “touched, play on” and not get kicking in danger?

How do you take a mark (Ed Phillips) and have an opposition player who was not in the contest barrel in to you and not get 50?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 1:39am

You aren't part of the team though, to be fair.

People letting off steam and calling out poor umpiring decisions on a forum is no different to supporters bemoaning poor skills by players.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:58pm Clangers 61-38 our way, but don’t let that get in the way of your narrative!
Troll. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:21am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:14am

JUST F@RK OFF!!!!!

Yeah, ok mate.

Okay then troll, tell us which team you support because it definitely ain't the saints.

CarlD
Club Player

The only numbers that matter to me are the goals and points that say we scored more than the other team. Everything else is just fluff. Can you tell I'm over stats for every little thing?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The umpiring was crap and clearly favoured the Eagles, as it usually does when we play them in Perth.

But, they're 1st, we're 16th, we're the away team, they move the ball with precision and polish, whereas we butcher it, so they'll always get rewarded for the 50/50 or even iffy free kick calls. It's not fair, but that's how its always been.

Bad management is bad management
stkfc1
Club Player

Interestingly we have one of the highest disposal efficiency in the comp at 74% yet 2nd behind Bombers in most clangers. Go figure! Cant find turnover stats which I reckon we'd be right up there.
Ross and Steven being our worst offenders ranked 8th and 9th in thr comp for clangers yet Ross also ranked 6th in effective disposals so again.. go figure!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Problem is:

Handball (received - St Kilda)
Handball (received - Opposition)

Effective disposal 80%
Turnover 1

Goal to St Kilda - 0
Goal to Opposition - 1

― Aristophanes