Rohan Welsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trixilver
Club Player

Rohan Welsh

My girlfriend was just looking through the saints website trying to find a reason for our recent/12 month slump of form.

Why, just after Riewoldt retired, would we decide to experiment and give Rohan Welsh, our backline coach for the past 3 years the reins as our forwardline coach? His bio doesn't look too hot after our first half of 2018.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-08-2 ... ch-defence

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rohan Welsh

Geary Captain, Rohan Walsh fwd coach, Hamill out of the way at Sandringham. The Geary move is the only one that is remotely logical but it looks like a smoke and mirrors move to me. Tanking? Fall guys? Who knows? Genius slight of hand or just poor planning and management.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 12:14am Geary Captain, Rohan Walsh fwd coach, Hamill out of the way at Sandringham. The Geary move is the only one that is remotely logical but it looks like a smoke and mirrors move to me. Tanking? Fall guys? Who knows? Genius slight of hand or just poor planning and management.
Possibly. Or just move the coaches around as they have to be ‘developed’ and ‘rounded’. Don’t mind the playing group though .. they’re just fodder for the coaches to earn their badges. But not developed themselves.

Go you red, black & white warriors
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

We are a club that is almost destitute, hence we are staffed by people that come cheap because we can't afford quality personnel.

Our results and our player development are in line with what our cheapies are equipped to deliver. :roll: :roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:30pm We are a club that is almost destitute, hence we are staffed by people that come cheap because we can't afford quality personnel.

Our results and our player development are in line with what our cheapies are equipped to deliver. :roll: :roll:
Don't agree. I think that's nonsense to be honest.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:41pm
bobmurray wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:30pm We are a club that is almost destitute, hence we are staffed by people that come cheap because we can't afford quality personnel.

i don't agree with your reply, we are crap, we have no money, we can't develop our recruits but other clubs can.

It's nonsense to deny it.

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:52pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:41pm

i don't agree with your reply, we are crap, we have no money, we can't develop our recruits but other clubs can.

It's nonsense to deny it.
Only 1 club wins the flag each year.

In theory, there are 17 clubs who failed every year.

In theory.