We need a clearance player as well as outide run

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nw7
Club Player

We need a clearance player as well as outide run

We have had many mentions on the forum of our one paced mid field of Dunstan, Armo, Koby, Steele and Ross. All these guys play good games and ordinary games at times and don't have leg speed as we know, the other issue is none of them are a genuine clearance player?
We get smashed in centre clearances week in week out, our Rucks aren't great but other teams win clearances with players like Grigg in the Ruck. A good clearance player must read the ball really well and have good reflexes. Our guys just aren't these type of players, I think our whole team would benefit from having a clearance player in the side, it would help others get into the game and help our existing and new outside run players.
Don't shoot me down because the player I have in mind goes against everything I have been thinking about regarding leg speed, its Anthony Miles from Richmond. He is a great clearance player and different to our mids. He wont cost us a lot either, he cant get a game because of the Tigers stars but every time he gets a chance he does well. We need to improve our list in areas we are lacking, this is an area that stands out to me every week. He is a proven performer, wins the ball and dishes out to others similar to Tom Mitchell, he's a good age, tackles well and is hard at it. I think he's worth a shot.
I would love to win centre clearances, we hardly ever do. I cant think of another player that's gettable. If anyone knows any others I would like to hear.