Not Nick: Saints new leader doing it his way [article]

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shrodes
SS Life Member

Not Nick: Saints new leader doing it his way [article]

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-04/n ... it-his-way
JARRYN Geary still seeks the guidance of former club captain Nick Riewoldt, but says he's not trying to emulate the St Kilda great's leadership style.

"I'm not trying to emulate (Riewoldt) at all, I'm trying to be my own self and my own leader," Geary said.

"I've had great conversations with Nick over the last two or three years when there was an indication I was going to take over from him.

"He has been a great mentor for me, someone who I used a lot last year and someone who I continue to have conversations with now.

"I'm not looking to fill his shoes, I'm not as good a player as Nick, and he led in his own way.

"I'm just hoping I'm leading in my own way, and at the moment with the team, we aren't consistently performing. That's a reflection on myself as well. I put myself in the same category as the team."

Living the dream

Re: Not Nick: Saints new leader doing it his way [article]

Yep, definitely not Nick.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not Nick: Saints new leader doing it his way [article]

I would prefer that he referred to Nick. I dont want the teams performance and our captains performance to be in the same category, as it currently is
Surely it's his last year as Captain.