Josh Saunders

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Josh Saunders

Seems to give 110% every week and keeps getting into the 2s best. Does he have any chance of being retained?
I've only seen him on TV this season and he still seems about 8:2, effort:skill. Anyone watched him play recently able to comment?

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Josh Saunders

Does give his all, but skill level just not up to it. One of those run of the mill-sized players without any X-factor.

I called time on him after watching him against the Bummers in the NAB Cup at Morwell last year. I just don't think he is good enough tho play in winning AFL teams. Got a few chances when we were a basket case a couple of years ago but the team as a whole has improved more than he has. Like him a lot but he just is not quite good enough at the standard we now need. That's no slight on him, you have to be pretty good to play 1 AFL game, but there are plenty of others at other clubs just like him.

Saint supporter since '62
bakes
Club Player

When he first came onto the scene, I saw a player with similar traits to Gary Ablett Jr..low centre of gravity, agile like Gresham able to spin out of confided spaces, and with a burst of speed out of packs. I even made the call that he would be a future brownlow medallist..clearly I was wrong on that call and well and truly have egg on my face. However what I first saw in him are abilities that he still has. In other years he would be getting a run now, but because of our strong team form he can't get a look in. I see him as a player with better skills and upside than Wright and one that can take his place on a half forward flank but also have the ability to play through the middle. Definitely worth keeping. Would hate to see him let go and then thrive at another club.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Would like to sign him up for the St.Kilda VFL side. He is a star at that level.