Roo and Dempster.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Roo and Dempster.

great win today... really loved the mix of old and new working well together. wondered if we would find a goal in the 1st but it opened up nicely.

Now was thinking in the 4th, Roo and Dempster really stood out today. i mean Nick dominated and kicked starlight. Sean really had the back down and took saving mark after mark. I hate to be a wet blanket but this worried me a bit as these two are at the end (hate saying it) Roo and Sean I think have 1-2 years left. I just hope we can see some of the young boys step up a lot in the next season or two i worry that we might slip again once we lose these guys.

I think we're tracking really well. when you think about it 5 years ago we were in a GF, when comparing us to Melb i think we're way infront in terms of list progression atm. but that might change with some guys retiring... Melb are a real worry some many top picks but really have done nothing at all.

Paddy today showed some real glimpses and couldn't help smiling thinking about what he might just be.

so thoughts, think we can keep list strength with the retirements coming or are we set for a small drop again follow by stronger rebound?

Great to see us winning games and building a winning culture! GO SAINTS!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roo and Dempster.

Those two and Montagna the hardest oldies to replace.
Fisher has been injury prone and ray and Schneider are bit players these days.
If these 3 and maybe Gilbert could go till the end of 2017 when most of the young guns are at or above the 50 game mark we would be set.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

worried me a bit as Bruce had a quite one, roo really stood up today when it was in tthe balance.

The guy is a freak and absolute champion... imo a playing AFL legend. he never stopped running one sec forward then down back. never stops.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Yes. It's a worry.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Bruce has played his best footy without Roo in the team.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Bruce seems to struggle with Roo and Paddy Mac around him so I think we are as well covered for the post Roo era as we could be.

I think it's key backs and mids we need to worry about.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!