Following the Saints in QLD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ruskin Rat

Following the Saints in QLD

Bit late with this post BUT

Been a tough time following the Saints in QLD,

I was there in 91 when Plugger rag dolled Gastev onto the dog track and from the Vulture street end booted 3 sherrins into East Brisbane never to be seen again - he kicked at least 10 that day mostly over the roof of the old Cricketers Club.

The locals had never seen anything quite like it. He was really fired up - I think someone upset him that day probably Roger Merrett.

As a supporter it took till 2006 for any joy and on the journey copped absolute ..... from front running Lions supporters. Got heartily sick of that theme song blaring out at the Gabba after we had been flogged

Had a soft spot for the Roys when they were done over in the 90's but that quickly evaporated when Daryl Whites late hit on Spider put him and our chances out for 97.............

Could go on and on............... like trying to confront Thommo and the Boys upstairs at the Lord Stanley in 04 or was it 05....... to give ma a personal explanation on the what the Hell happened (another embarrassing defeat). They left very quickly.

On Sunday I made it to a Lions sponsors function.......all very polite with expectations high on their side. It was hot and humid and we were 29 points down at quarter time (from 25 yrs up here the trying conditions usually means Vic teams run out of gas at 3 quarter time).

I still had thoughts that Richo might rev em up for an honourable loss.

After quarter time Great effort and endeavour from the guys and coaching staff, a milestone win for us up here

The players are playing for the coach and the Jumper.

Armo BOG and Roo showing he's a champ.

I'll be back at the Gabba next time when ever that is.

Bet there are a few more Sainters up here that enjoyed that win

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Following the Saints in QLD

Great post!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"