We'll win tomorrow

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We'll win tomorrow

We are going to win tomorrow. The last two times we have played them they have only got over the line because we didn't have a CHB and their midfielders were able to break the lines and get cheap goals in the last quarter when everybody's tired.
We'll win tomorrow alright.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: We'll win tomorrow

Sure, I'm in...

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We had em in 2013 until that last quarter when they ran riot kicking goals from the midfield 60 metres out. Last year at Lenny's last home game they were well and truly on the ropes until they got some cheap goals when were exhausted and didn't have a big CHB to stop them from breaking lines and running straight out of the centre into the forward 50.
Fisher the difference.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

If we play like last week we can win, but that's a big if

gringo
Saintsational Legend

They won last year on the back of vintage performances by Higgins 26 dis 1 goal and Cooney 3 goals 25 dis and Jake Stringer getting loose with 4 goals. Gwilt was out best though with 20 disposals and 3 goals.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Love everyones enthusiasm and hope you are right! But I reckon we lost to a pretty ordinary team last week which has inflated our expectations this week. We match up well against the Bombers as they also lack speed of movement, I dont think that will happen against Bulldogs...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Love everyones enthusiasm and hope you are right! But I reckon we lost to a pretty ordinary team last week which has inflated our expectations this week. We match up well against the Bombers as they also lack speed of movement, I dont think that will happen against Bulldogs...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Love everyones enthusiasm and hope you are right! But I reckon we lost to a pretty ordinary team last week which has inflated our expectations this week. We match up well against the Bombers as they also lack speed of movement, I dont think that will happen against Bulldogs...

Depends which Saints show up. If we play like we did against the GC or Bombers we will go okay.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Essendon would beat the Bulldogs too.
We'll win tomorrow.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:They won last year on the back of vintage performances by Higgins 26 dis 1 goal and Cooney 3 goals 25 dis and Jake Stringer getting loose with 4 goals. Gwilt was out best though with 20 disposals and 3 goals.
What I said.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We may or may not win. Im confused what last year has to do with why we will win though.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Because there was a massive hole at centre half back which allowed them to break lines and kick goals running straight out of the centre, that's why.
We've got Fisher this time. They won't be able to run unencumbered into the forward line and take shots from 50 metres out again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Because there was a massive hole at centre half back which allowed them to break lines and kick goals running straight out of the centre, that's why.
We've got Fisher this time. They won't be able to run unencumbered into the forward line and take shots from 50 metres out again.

Still completely irrelevant. I don't think the Dogs won 4 out of their first 5 last year. We will win because we are better but not because of anything that happened last year.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Because there was a massive hole at centre half back which allowed them to break lines and kick goals running straight out of the centre, that's why.
But we had Fisher last time.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/20 ... 40810.html

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We may or may not win. Im confused what last year has to do with why we will win though.

I would say past season form has relevance. It's not perfect measure but we beat Essendon last year and nearly did it again. So you would assume we match up quite well against them based on that. Obviously the Dogs have ben playing better than last year but I still think we can take some sort of form line based on how we match up. The Dogs have surprised a few this year. Teams will be able to predict what they do eventually. I'm not sure which Saints will show up but we should get to watch a good game regardless.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We may or may not win. Im confused what last year has to do with why we will win though.

I would say past season form has relevance. It's not perfect measure but we beat Essendon last year and nearly did it again. So you would assume we match up quite well against them based on that. Obviously the Dogs have ben playing better than last year but I still think we can take some sort of form line based on how we match up. The Dogs have surprised a few this year. Teams will be able to predict what they do eventually. I'm not sure which Saints will show up but we should get to watch a good game regardless.
Couldn't think of much more irrelevant stuff otherwise the ladder basically stays the same every year. Lets use 5 weeks of this year. I think we can win but im not going by anything that happened last year.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Couldn't think of much more irrelevant stuff otherwise the ladder basically stays the same every year. Lets use 5 weeks of this year. I think we can win but im not going by anything that happened last year.

Cool you have your view and good luck to you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I don't need luck. Common sense takes care of that.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I don't need luck. Common sense takes care of that.
I'm trying not to engage. Common sense to you.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yes or maybe not.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This theory does not fill me with any confidence.

We lost last year because our mids are slow, can't spread and couldn't get back into defence when they needed to.

We still have the same issues and having a CHB will not stop a fast running team like the Bulldogs.

If we allow them to play that way again then we will lose by 5 goals.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i think it's probably a maybe. perhaps.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:This theory does not fill me with any confidence.

We lost last year because our mids are slow, can't spread and couldn't get back into defence when they needed to.

We still have the same issues and having a CHB will not stop a fast running team like the Bulldogs.

If we allow them to play that way again then we will lose by 5 goals.

By the end of the year we were starting to accumulate a lot of injuries and our first year players were running out of gas. I think if we play the same fast brand of footy we did last week we should be right.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

REally worried by our lack of ability to stop Doggies attack from the back. Roo, Hickey, Schneider all struggle to put proper pressure on the oppo when they have the ball. Even Joey has lost some pace. Would have preferred some younger, fresh legs. Last week would have taken a lot out of the likes of Sinclair and McKenzie and only 6 days to recover.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

actually going tomorrow...will be second game in 2 years. From every game for 30 yrs.