FIXture news??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

FIXture news??

Usually by this time, Eastern has started his annual "FIXture" thread.

Are we a bit dgaf about it because we're on the bottom.

Fixture release day is still my favourite day of the off season. Finding out how we've been shafted and how many interstate matches we have and all that.

So I'm getting in early this year?

What do we know?

What do we expect?

What do we want?

I think the only one to lock in is westpac stadium in nz on Anzac Day as well as possibly Monday might vs Carlton.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if they took that last one off us given a few years of poor Crowds etc.

I expect another six interstate plus simonds plus westpac (eight out of Melb) and two MCG and the rest etihad

I want home games versus hawthorn, collingwood, Essendon and Carlton at the dome and away vs bulldogs and north. I want to play port at westpac, Brisbane at the dome (or just not at the Gabba for a change) and also no Sydney trip.

Apart from that don't care what we get.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: FIXture news??

It's been VERY quiet. .....................Bloody Hird

ANZAC Day could be against a Vic based club.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Monday Night (after Mothers Day) Game v Carlton is GAWN

I suspect the leaks will start during a lull in the Trade Period.

The FIXture should be released around 23 October !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I just hope for plenty of day games not many twilights as Gil doesn't like them and a few nights

Considering crossing the ditch and hope that will be a day game also

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mainly Sunday games for me. I reckon one Friday night game at the most. Lets face it we will get mainly the Foxtel time games.

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Next year it's official, we will be the 4.40pm Saints. It will be a sponsorship deal that all other clubs contribute to so that they don't have to play that stinky slot. If we really get lucky some will be Saturday 4.40's

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

4.40 pm Sunday games...

I knew there was a good reason i got Foxtel..

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I just hope for plenty of day games not many twilights as Gil doesn't like them and a few nights

The game in Wellington will be 2.00pm NZ time (Midday in Melb). It is designed for tv where our game will flow into the MCG game which will flow into a game in Perth !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I just hope for plenty of day games not many twilights as Gil doesn't like them and a few nights

The game in Wellington will be 2.00pm NZ time (Midday in Melb). It is designed for tv where our game will flow into the MCG game which will flow into a game in Perth !!

better 2 than 1 pm.. then shove the MCG game to 3.20

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:Next year it's official, we will be the 4.40pm Saints. It will be a sponsorship deal that all other clubs contribute to so that they don't have to play that stinky slot. If we really get lucky some will be Saturday 4.40's
Geezus, I hope you are VERY WRONG. My understanding is that MOST of the 4.40 Sunday games will be played in Perth (2.40 their time).

I also thought that they are going to have a few Saturday Twilight/Night games that start at around 5.30 Melb Time.

There are also going to be a number of Thursday Night games, mainly in Adelaide !!

noddy04
Club Player

Does anyone know when and where the Pink Ribbon game will be? We are desperate to find out so we can make plans to attend it

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Is that a definite?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Is that a definite?
Was talked about in the media a month or 2 ago. Nothing definite until the OFFICIAL FIXture is released !!

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I was just talking to Gillon and he said we've got 9 interstate games (to help grow the game), 5 homes games on Sunday 4.40 (for Foxtel), 3 home games on Monday night (they still think that timeslot can work) and one home game on Saturday morning at 7.30 (just because). Should keep everyone happy.
I know that's only 9 home games but the AFL figures that based on last year people won't be fussed if they see two less games. Apparently it also helps Collingwood get a couple more games at the G.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

remboy wrote:I was just talking to Gillon and he said we've got 9 interstate games (to help grow the game), 5 homes games on Sunday 4.40 (for Foxtel), 3 home games on Monday night (they still think that timeslot can work) and one home game on Saturday morning at 7.30 (just because). Should keep everyone happy.
I know that's only 9 home games but the AFL figures that based on last year people won't be fussed if they see two less games. Apparently it also helps Collingwood get a couple more games at the G.
I just knew that finally having a Sainta as the head honcho would be good for us! :D

Only nine home games this year, but Gillion is hopefully aiming for only three home games in 2016. (One in Kiwiland, two at the 'G.)

Gillion is our man, and Gillion knows how much money home games at Docklands are costing us. :idea: :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Dave McNamara wrote:
remboy wrote:I was just talking to Gillon and he said we've got 9 interstate games (to help grow the game), 5 homes games on Sunday 4.40 (for Foxtel), 3 home games on Monday night (they still think that timeslot can work) and one home game on Saturday morning at 7.30 (just because). Should keep everyone happy.
I just knew that finally having a Sainta as the head honcho would be good for us! :D

Only nine home games this year, but Gillion is hopefully aiming for only three home games in 2016. (One in Kiwiland, two at the 'G.)

Gillion is our man, and Gillion knows how much money home games at Docklands are costing us. :idea: :wink:
Spot on Dave. The less home games we have, the less we lose. I'm sure it makes sense to someone. :D

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

A little bit more is filtering out;

We look like we will get ONE Friday Night game v Collingwood (Indigenous Round)

A whole lot of the Sunday Twilight games will be out of Perth !!

St Lenny
Club Player

Well I hope the Wellington game is 2.00pm. Going to need a nap after the dawn service.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AFL.com.au header says the Fixture will be released on Oct 30th
http://www.afl.com.au/#

whispers so far-- Mick Malthouse was asked to give his prefered opponant for his record breaking game-- many suggested Pies

Pies and Lions rd 1 muted today

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107