Joeys year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Joeys year

There was a lot talk about Jiey seeming disinterested this year , apparently carrying a few serious injuries
from fox sports (H S article)

The club is also confident veteran Leigh Montagna will bounce back after he played with a raft of serious injuries this season.

They included playing with a crack in his leg for a period of the season, with Montagna labelling it his only poor year out of the previous eight years this week.

Anyone know about the injury?

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Joeys year

I didn't know about it, but when we lose a dozen in a row I can't see the point in him playing injured anyway over getting games into say, Minch, Murdoch or Saunders who were in the twos a fair bit. Once you cross that line, you are fit to play - if not, you deserve all of the crap that comes your way if you put in a few mediocre performances.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we are just saying the right things to attract a trade.
Maybe these injuries arent going to improve much.

But if were hoping Joey is going to have a break-back year next year and help us get off the bottom - it aint gonna happen.

The only we will get off the bottom is over gradual improvement from a large group of young talented players getting to 50 games and beyond.
No short-cuts. No miracle cures. No old guys turning back the clock. No magic potions.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Maybe we are just saying the right things to attract a trade.
Maybe these injuries arent going to improve much.

But if were hoping Joey is going to have a break-back year next year and help us get off the bottom - it aint gonna happen.

The only we will get off the bottom is over gradual improvement from a large group of young talented players getting to 50 games and beyond.
No short-cuts. No miracle cures. No old guys turning back the clock. No magic potions.
Yep.....plus not trading our draft picks for guys who can't get a game with their current club.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

If we can get any good offers for him, I say hedge our bets for the future and trade him.

He can give all the excuses he wants in regards to injuries, but 2014 was just not good enough from a premium player like Joey is meant to be.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I always admired Joey. After reading what he went through, injury wise in 2014 my respect for him has gone up even further !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:If we can get any good offers for him, I say hedge our bets for the future and trade him.

He can give all the excuses he wants in regards to injuries, but 2014 was just not good enough from a premium player like Joey is meant to be.

I think he was our best possession getter on average even ahead of king Lenny. He had a down year for him but still went okay.