Reduce our big losses vs copping floggings?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Reduce our big losses vs copping floggings?

http://www.sen.com.au/inside-football-d ... hing/71332

Do we aim next year to increase our percentage to near 70% by reducing our floggings with tight defence or let the boys play a more natural game that yields a lower percentage/more floggings?

How determintal to player development though are constant floggings?

Hard one to answer...do we play a few games of high defence focus and try and limit a few losses whilst in the main in most games go for development over scoreboard perhaps?

Very tricky issue.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Reduce our big losses vs copping floggings?

I thought Richo deliberately left players out a one on one a lot and didn't flood much this year to see who can cope. I thought it was interesting that after the Hawks shemozzle he said they wouldn't just move on but would actually pick it apart to see how it all came unstuck. It's a tough love approach that I think is there to teach the players the hard way to be able to win those one-on-one battles that ultimately wins you premierships. But it's also to sort the wheat from the chaff. Role players can hide away in zone defences.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

keep it as it is... i have been reprogrammed into 2000/2001 now so another year wont hurt me. just want to see the players excicute a game plan and see us feild a semi regular team. think Ritcho knows everyone by now. (plus the injury gods give us a break in 2015)

on the floggings the only tow games that really hurt me personally where the hawks (bad) but the Geelong game really put me in the dumps. think it was 3rd quarter when we kicked our 2nd or 3rd goal. that was a killer to watch.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
supersaints
Club Player

Players sex lives should be irrelevant... Madam Lash told me!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!