Guard of Honour-Lenny !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Guard of Honour-Lenny !!

It was great to see 21 of the Richmond players, along with their support staff stand a Guard of Honour for Lenny. #8 was too busy being important to be part of it !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Guard of Honour-Lenny !!

Eastern wrote:It was great to see 21 of the Richmond players, along with their support staff stand a Guard of Honour for Lenny. #8 was too busy being important to be part of it !!

Silly comment eastern. he was on TV. What should he have done? By the way lenny actually hates it and even requested that the last 2 weeks it didnt happen. he has had enough so IMO both sides should have done as requested and not done the guard of honour.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:It was great to see 21 of the Richmond players, along with their support staff stand a Guard of Honour for Lenny. #8 was too busy being important to be part of it !!

Silly comment eastern. he was on TV. What should he have done? By the way lenny actually hates it and even requested that the last 2 weeks it didnt happen. he has had enough so IMO both sides should have done as requested and not done the guard of honour.
He could have cut the interview short. I'm sure the people at FOX FOOTY would have understood !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

What about next week, his final game?

He should be carried out on a throne and at the end of the game be taken around the ground in the Popemobile......renamed of course as the Lennymobile!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...By the way lenny actually hates it and even requested that the last 2 weeks it didnt happen. he has had enough so IMO both sides should have done as requested and not done the guard of honour.
Jeez. Tell us about the time you dined with the Queen, Prince Phillip and Phar Lap.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What about next week, his final game?

He should be carried out on a throne and at the end of the game be taken around the ground in the Popemobile......renamed of course as the Lennymobile!

Next week he hopefully walks around the ground but im unsure he will. A guard of honour should be ok next week. Not sure he will get out the lennymobile.

patto
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Besties!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:...By the way lenny actually hates it and even requested that the last 2 weeks it didnt happen. he has had enough so IMO both sides should have done as requested and not done the guard of honour.
Jeez. Tell us about the time you dined with the Queen, Prince Phillip and Phar Lap.

I havent heard any of that off lenny so I dont get your point. I heard it at my local footy cloub on Thursday from someone who spoke directly to him. Im sorry I passed on information that I believe may have been of interest. next time I will do a poll before passing on the information. By the way said the same thing about 3 days ago so it isnt new information.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

He looked like he wanted to get off the ground quickly and beat the Richmond guard of honor forming.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

ROLS-LEE wrote:He looked like he wanted to get off the ground quickly and beat the Richmond guard of honor forming.
The Richmond players actually had to bolt across the ground to make it happen.

Lenny may well be over it, but I thought the fact that they did that in those circumstances exemplified one of the best things about our game.

Always loyal
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:He looked like he wanted to get off the ground quickly and beat the Richmond guard of honor forming.
The Richmond players actually had to bolt across the ground to make it happen.

Lenny may well be over it, but I thought the fact that they did that in those circumstances exemplified one of the best things about our game.
Couldn't agree more.

Just sad that next week's game is in SA.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

If other players want to honour him for his courage, durability, modesty, spirit, fair play and skill then he should man up and respect their wishes and allow them to express their gratitude and reverence

Very disappointed with his attitude :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

I havent heard any of that off lenny so I dont get your point. I heard it at my local footy cloub on Thursday from someone who spoke directly to him. Im sorry I passed on information that I believe may have been of interest. next time I will do a poll before passing on the information. By the way said the same thing about 3 days ago so it isnt new information.
maybe t74 can confirm what Lenny wants or doesn't want

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Plugger66 is 100% correct.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He could have cut the interview short. I'm sure the people at FOX FOOTY would have understood !!
Yeah as if he knew. He was probably on the other side of the ground.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Plugger66 is 100% correct.
Frame it lol!

Lenny just needs to suck it up for a few weeks....our club has made him a marketing emblem which is fair enough, although Lenny himself is not about that....we get it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
tony74 wrote:Plugger66 is 100% correct.
Frame it lol!

Lenny just needs to suck it up for a few weeks....our club has made him a marketing emblem which is fair enough, although Lenny himself is not about that....we get it.

Yep I wouldnt have a clue normally. Something you are an expert at. Marketing doesnt mean a guard of honour from the opposition though. It is fantastic players think that much of him but when requested not to then maybe its a little over the top. Anyway this week it will happen and it will make sense.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im gonna jump the fence and piggy back him off
8-)

Darren
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The replay shows the Richmond players literally running to form a guard of honour for Lenny. Wasn't fox footys fault that the saints boys got out of the ground quicker than usual. Considering Jack was interviewed in the centre square, he still would have not made it to the end of the ground even if the interview was cut short.

darylcowie
Club Player

I think Lenny could make the most impact on his final game next week vs the crows by being put in cotton wool in the green vest during the first half, then if we are still in touch with them, just imagine the effect a few bone-crunching tackles and hard-won clearances could have on his team mates in the second half (ala 2010 Grand Final). :mrgreen:

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote:I think Lenny could make the most impact on his final game next week vs the crows by being put in cotton wool in the green vest during the first half, then if we are still in touch with them, just imagine the effect a few bone-crunching tackles and hard-won clearances could have on his team mates in the second half (ala 2010 Grand Final). :mrgreen:
Nah, he needs 5 tackles to break the record so needs to play out his last game. And whack a few Adelaide boys! Maybe Betts as he is a former Carlton player lol!