playing some kids

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

playing some kids

Only 2 rounds left, we've got a massive injury list which affords some softer selections and a chance to play some kids to blood them, give them a taste, see what the big league is all about (Who knows, they could actually do well!!) without the match committee copping too much flak...

1. Spencer White - he's strung some good games together, and as far as i know is Fit; surely after playing a whole season with Sandy his body is hardenned enough for a game or 2 of AFL. Would like to see him. Gwilt's very quiet game as a starting forward allows it IMO with Bruce out.

2. Lewis Pierce - ANother, has strung enough Sandi games together this year to have match fitness. Longers form is solid, don't mind if we play two rucks, but would be happy to see Pierce get a game and have a look at him. He's on the senior list after all!!

3. Blake Acres - not a debut i know, but given he has played little senior footy in his debut year, if he is fit, i'd like to see him get another game. (didn't play on the weekend, not sure why?? If fit and available, would love another look at him the higher level.

Thoughts...

james rose
Club Player

Re: playing some kids

Would rather see 25 year old TDL for the remaining games as he has some form in the VFL and we need to know what we're going to do with him.

Also like to see Minch ahead of those listed after a dominant game on the weekend.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

james rose wrote:Would rather see 25 year old TDL for the remaining games as he has some form in the VFL and we need to know what we're going to do with him.

Also like to see Minch ahead of those listed after a dominant game on the weekend.
We know what we are going to do with TDL, certain delist. Minch is a fair call, but playing TDL is pointless.
In regards to the op, Pierce is the one I'd look at as he can't really do any less than Longer so might as well give him some exposure.
White's time is 2015.

Saint wagga
Club Player

I agree with TDL, doine and dusted IMO. As for Minch, happy to see him come in, i've been a wrap all season, but figure his papers may have been stamped given his lack of opportunity since a few games a while back, so i didn't include him as was just interested about the real youngsters...think there's room for all of them given our injury list and plenty putting their hands up for demotion on the weekend...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Minch can't play unless they put someone else on the LTI list, I think? Though we have plenty of injuries so that shouldn't be an issue. Would be good to give him another couple of games.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Minch can't play unless they put someone else on the LTI list, I think? Though we have plenty of injuries so that shouldn't be an issue. Would be good to give him another couple of games.

it is now too late to put someone on the LTI list.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Acres may play but Im pretty sure the other 2 have no hope of playing baring injury. Certainly no point in playing TDL and Minchington cant play either and is in trouble.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

If fit, give Acres another taste. it will be a good lead-in to pre-season for him.

I have a bit more time for Minchington than many others - if he is in the "potential delist" category, give him a couple of games to show his wares.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:If fit, give Acres another taste. it will be a good lead-in to pre-season for him.

I have a bit more time for Minchington than many others - if he is in the "potential delist" category, give him a couple of games to show his wares.

He isnt allowed to play.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Which one, Plugger??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Which one, Plugger??

Minchington. he is back to being a rookie because geary is back playing.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

OK. Got it. Thanks.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

personally Id like to experiment a little with the team structure with a view to 2015. Lets have a look at Newnes, Wright and maybe shenton as part of the mid field rotations. Lets leave Rhys Stanley at CHF and put Nick up on wing for the last 2 games. Pity Webster is not fit , because I'd love to see what he could do in the midfield - looks like he has all the tools to be that speedy midfielder we are looking for.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

White's game against Werribee was not good. To me, he has next season to show something or else he is gone. We may have seen the last of MInch in the Seniors.

saint6709
Club Player

Acres is out injured for the rest of the season

Austinnn
Club Player

Anyone who thinks we are going to delist Spencer White, please stop pseudo-supporting our football team and concentrate on video games.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

White has been injury plagued and struggling with his tank at even VFL level. Another big preseason and he should get a game early next year. As long as he is physically ok, I'd like to see Pierce have a game this year too to get a taste. I think Longer is really struggling with the rucking load so Pierce doing half would be a great introduction and they could sub him out if its not working.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:White has been injury plagued and struggling with his tank at even VFL level. Another big preseason and he should get a game early next year. As long as he is physically ok, I'd like to see Pierce have a game this year too to get a taste. I think Longer is really struggling with the rucking load so Pierce doing half would be a great introduction and they could sub him out if its not working.
Fair call, I like it!

spot on
Club Player

Geary and acres out for year meaning Mitch could come back up? Would really give some excitement to play spencer white. Jones should come back in , to finish his career