Bill Davoren's legacy.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Bill Davoren's legacy.

I couldn't help noticing that just ten months into his tenure as the filth's high performance manager, they have had to call in an expert from overseas to try and discover why they 've had such a devastating run of soft tissue injuries. There is little doubt this has been a major factor in their demise this year. It seems that Bill is now working his "magic", in much the same way he did for us.

I was wondering what forumites think of Adam Basil's performance this year? I think we've been better at running out games than last year and most of our injuries have been of the collision type, or stress reactions. Of course it's hard to tell from the outside and I think another pre-season will give us the answer. Dave Misson's time at our club seems but a distant memory. Those were the days!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bill Davoren's legacy.

White Winmar wrote:I couldn't help noticing that just ten months into his tenure as the filth's high performance manager, they have had to call in an expert from overseas to try and discover why they 've had such a devastating run of soft tissue injuries. There is little doubt this has been a major factor in their demise this year. It seems that Bill is now working his "magic", in much the same way he did for us.

I was wondering what forumites think of Adam Basil's performance this year? I think we've been better at running out games than last year and most of our injuries have been of the collision type, or stress reactions. Of course it's hard to tell from the outside and I think another pre-season will give us the answer. Dave Misson's time at our club seems but a distant memory. Those were the days!
Mmmm....I reckon they might have a few list problems as well...Buckley is going to feel the heat next Season...house of cards I reckon.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Didn't the injectors have a terrible run with soft tissue injuries while injecting their vitamins?

You are garbage - Enough said
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I couldn't help noticing that just ten months into his tenure as the filth's high performance manager, they have had to call in an expert from overseas to try and discover why they 've had such a devastating run of soft tissue injuries. There is little doubt this has been a major factor in their demise this year. It seems that Bill is now working his "magic", in much the same way he did for us.

Mmmm....I reckon they might have a few list problems as well...Buckley is going to feel the heat next Season...house of cards I reckon.
was amazing listening to Eddie and his "ABSOLUTE Belief in Buckley-- when pushed by the journo on the ed and Derm show-- Just because he is,, but how- just because.... then said he is learning..

I thought the media was he now had 'his' team and all would be well

also mentioned they have bought in a "World's best practice ' Sports injuries person over and above Davoren... after great run with Butifant

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

There's no doubt the filth is rebuilding, it's just they don't call it that at the bigger, powerful clubs. They've traded to get five first round picks over the past two years, which is the telltale sign. As with the other "power" clubs, they don't bottom out at the foot of the ladder, but in the lower reaches of the eight, or just outside it. They are in a bit of strife, list wise, but they do have some promising younger players. If things keep heading south next year, it will be interesting to see if pressure is exerted on Buckley. In the meantime, Davoren can play his role in hobbling the list, much the same way he did with us.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

I agree, we seem to have been beset by broken bones, rather than the usual soft tissue nightmare ... I have no idea how Basil is going in the technical sense (or with the players), but so far so good from my (uninformed) perspective ...

Always loyal
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Once Nathan starts talking to the media about Training Services, that's when we'll know he's on the slippery slope....

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Davoren is a joke.

I bagged him last year and every potted me saying he how he must be awesome if the 'Biggest club in Australia wants to poach him' and crap crap crap.

He got his reputation in female triathlon - thats what he knows.

He was no good at the Dogs and became mates with Rocket Eade (hence the pies job).

He was crap with dogs, no good with us and it doesnt look good at the pies.

He should go back to womens triathlon where he belongs.

Bas is new to footy so at least deserves to be cut some slack until he learns the caper.

Davoren was hyped up in the Herald Sun as a 'guru'. FFS. spare me.

supersaints
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Davoren is a joke.

I bagged him last year and every potted me saying he how he must be awesome if the 'Biggest club in Australia wants to poach him' and crap crap crap.

He was no good at the Dogs and became mates with Rocket Eade (hence the pies job).

Bas is new to footy so at least deserves to be cut some slack until he learns the caper.

Is Davoren a transvestite? ( what has happened to my font?)

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Davoren is a joke.

And if he was in charge of us this year you would also be bagging him. Lets face it you and all of us wouldnt really have a clue how either guy is going.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Tend to agree p66. None of us would really know, unless we had inside info. The fact the filth had to bring in an outsider to do what is fundamentally Davoren's job, indicates something has gone wrong. Just as it did at the Dogs and the saints. The guy seems to have a poor track record as far as the AFL is concerned. May he long continue to railroad the filth, I say!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Tend to agree p66. None of us would really know, unless we had inside info. The fact the filth had to bring in an outsider to do what is fundamentally Davoren's job, indicates something has gone wrong. Just as it did at the Dogs and the saints. The guy seems to have a poor track record as far as the AFL is concerned. May he long continue to railroad the filth, I say!
p66 had a clue last year. He was adamant the bloke was a guru because he read it in the HS and the 'biggest club in Australia was trying to poach him' apparently.

His track record provides us with quite a few clues. Every club he has been at had a dramatic drop-off when he arrived. Dogs, us, Pies.

So either he is very unlucky or hes no good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Tend to agree p66. None of us would really know, unless we had inside info. The fact the filth had to bring in an outsider to do what is fundamentally Davoren's job, indicates something has gone wrong. Just as it did at the Dogs and the saints. The guy seems to have a poor track record as far as the AFL is concerned. May he long continue to railroad the filth, I say!
p66 had a clue last year. He was adamant the bloke was a guru because he read it in the HS and the 'biggest club in Australia was trying to poach him' apparently.

His track record provides us with quite a few clues. Every club he has been at had a dramatic drop-off when he arrived. Dogs, us, Pies.

So either he is very unlucky or hes no good.

Con why do you lie to prove some sort of point. very childish and you do it all the time. Happy for you to show mr the post or posts otherwise stop lying.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

pretty funny how p66 responds to everyone of my posts in under 10 seconds.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:pretty funny how p66 responds to everyone of my posts in under 10 seconds.
Someone has to fill-in for BigMart.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:pretty funny how p66 responds to everyone of my posts in under 10 seconds.

Well when you lie I need too. And when you write things that arent correct in fact i need to. You love working the crowd dont you Con because that is the only point of your post. By the way your response looked about the same time.

FQF
SS Life Member

Reported in the Age today that Davoren has plans to increase the Pies' training loads over summer to get them in the top 4 in the comp in terms of training capacity.
Whatever you want to claim, or refuse to claim, about fitness coaches, Davoren has a very poor track record and seems to be getting by on reputation alone.

It's interesting to note that Port's widely idolised fitness coach has not helped Port very much in the second half of the season. In fact, they have dropped off significantly. True they are young and that is natural, but I think that the real value in these coaches is from round 11 onwards, not the first half of the season.

Back to Collingwood, I also agree that they are rebuilding. Off the top of my head they have drafted Scharenberg, Freeman, Karnezis, Grundy, Adams — all top end talent — in the last 2 years while still having a very strong core of senior players. I fully expect them to rebound very successfully in the next 2-3 years, similar to Sydney.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Back to Collingwood, I also agree that they are rebuilding. Off the top of my head they have drafted Scharenberg, Freeman, Karnezis, Grundy, Adams — all top end talent — in the last 2 years while still having a very strong core of senior players. I fully expect them to rebound very successfully in the next 2-3 years, similar to Sydney.
Karnezis? Didn't get a game this year even though the side was apparently going through an injury crisis. Not sure what happened to him?

lloyd21
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
FQF wrote:Back to Collingwood, I also agree that they are rebuilding. Off the top of my head they have drafted Scharenberg, Freeman, Karnezis, Grundy, Adams — all top end talent — in the last 2 years while still having a very strong core of senior players. I fully expect them to rebound very successfully in the next 2-3 years, similar to Sydney.
Karnezis? Didn't get a game this year even though the side was apparently going through an injury crisis. Not sure what happened to him?
8-) Kennedy & Broomhead are handy additions 8-)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Especially Broomhead in that sweeping role across half back!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Speaking of which, where is Big Mart? Is he banned, or has he just cracked it and left us for good?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
dragit wrote:
Speaking of which, where is Big Mart? Is he banned, or has he just cracked it and left us for good?
Just cracked it, never returned after his melt-down.

He's on bigfooty a bit, annoying people by not using he quote function.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 0bd40.html
interesting the amount of press he is getting - yet they have bought the AIS and International experts in..

how would he know their blood profiling when he has only been there 12 months,.

I wonder if they are still doing their blood testing on site?
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 19 Oct 2014 4:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I wonder if they are still doping their blood testing on site?
Freudian slip bratty or do you know something we don't?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Timeline

Bulldogs finish 3rd in 2008

Davoren arrives

results
2009- Bulldogs 3rd
2010 - Bulldogs 4th
2011 - Bulldogs 10th
2012 - Bulldogs 15th

Saints finish 9th in 2012