What's the Brions secret?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What's the Brions secret?

Heaps of guys leave, new coach, struggling...

Why are they seemingly turning the corner, kids showing a bit, selling a bit of hope...

We are struggling huh
Last edited by SainterK on Sun 17 Aug 2014 9:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: What's tge Brions secret?

Have had some serious injuries as well. Gives us hope I reckon. They are so quick, and they take the game on.

Saintsational Legend

They've turned the corner as much as we have or the Dogs have. And they will still be a bottom 4 side next year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:They've turned the corner as much as we have or the Dogs have. And they will still be a bottom 4 side next year.

Well I cant see how that is true. The first part that is.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:They've turned the corner as much as we have or the Dogs have. And they will still be a bottom 4 side next year.

The Lions had a good win against a side that put the cue in the rack a week ago.

I think SainterK is trying to suggest that our coach is crap because Lions have had a couple of wins....they are only 15th on the ladder and have looked just as ordinary as us for most of the season.

The Dogs are also a victim of spin...keep hearing they have turned a corner but they also are only marginally in front of us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The Lions had a good win against a side that put the cue in the rack a week ago.

I think SainterK is trying to suggest that our coach is crap because Lions have had a couple of wins....they are only 15th on the ladder and have looked just as ordinary as us for most of the season.

The Dogs are also a victim of spin...keep hearing they have turned a corner but they also are only marginally in front of us.

No idea what SainterK is suggesting but both sides have a 75% better record than us. They are clearly ahead of us. More importantly they are playing better late in the season in most games. We won the Freo game but have been worse than terrible bar that game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: What's the Brions secret?

Pretty much plugger.

Not just beaten, well thrashed and hardly scoring ourselves.

Percentage a great concern.

Their supporters have much to be optimistic about.

I do worry...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No idea what SainterK is suggesting but both sides have a 75% better record than us. They are clearly ahead of us. More importantly they are playing better late in the season in most games. We won the Freo game but have been worse than terrible bar that game.
I wouldn't say the Dogs are playing well late in the season...and I know you know this but maths isn't your strong point

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I wouldn't say the Dogs are playing well late in the season...and I know you know this but maths isn't your strong point

Maths isnt my strong point? Thats weird care to explain? They have won 3 of the last 7 and lost to Geelong by 13 points and Essendon by 7 in that period. Seems ok to me. Look forward to your teasoning why maths isnt a strong point.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Don't be fooled by the Lions they almost made finals last year and are deep into a rebuild. At least two years ahead of us if not three. The exodus hurt last year but they've nailed the draft if you were making an early assessment. Their start to the season could be partly attributed to adjusting to a new coach and gameplan.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Maths isnt my strong point? Thats weird care to explain? They have won 3 of the last 7 and lost to Geelong by 13 points and Essendon by 7 in that period. Seems ok to me. Look forward to your teasoning why maths isnt a strong point.
Maths isn't my strong point either but if we have won 4 games and the Dogs have won 7 games is that 75% more wins than us? I make it as 57% more games...

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Don't be fooled by the Lions they almost made finals last year and are deep into a rebuild. At least two years ahead of us if not three. The exodus hurt last year but they've nailed the draft if you were making an early assessment. Their start to the season could be partly attributed to adjusting to a new coach and gameplan.
I reckon we have been adjusting to a new coach too

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Correct Cairnsman. Add the fact we are a few years behind a rebuild...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Maths isn't my strong point either but if we have won 4 games and the Dogs have won 7 games is that 75% more wins than us? I make it as 57% more games...

Seriously?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Seriously?
Not sure, as I say my maths is pretty crap too...maybe there is a mathematician in the house that can confirm. 75% seems a bit high.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Not sure, as I say my maths is pretty crap too...maybe there is a mathematician in the house that can confirm. 75% seems a bit high.

Im unsure why you are saying to. My maths is very good. CM if they had one 8 games and us 4 isnt that 100% more wins than us? So 3 out 4 is 75%.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman you need to have another scotch and go to bed. Your maths is horrible and BM would not be happy!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66"][quote="Cairnsman"]

Not sure, as I say my maths is pretty crap too...maybe there is a mathematician in the house that can confirm. 75% seems a bit high.[/quote]

Im unsure why you are saying to. My maths is very good. CM if they had one 8 games and us 4 isnt that 100% more wins than us? So 3 out 4 is 75%.[/quote]

As I say my maths is bad but isn't 4 wins 50% of 8 games...sipping scotch but not that much.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman
We have won 57% of the Lions total wins
The Lions have 75% more wins than us
It's all in the wording brah

noob
Club Player

Players like Aish and Taylor have been good additions. They are your genuine midfield type players. Something our club lacks. Young decent mids.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Cairnsman
We have won 57% of the Lions total wins
The Lions have 75% more wins than us
It's all in the wording brah
Na it's all in the numbers.

Lions have won 7 out of 21 games which is 33% wins.

We have won 4 out of 21 games which is 19% wins.

So really the lions have only won 14% more games if you base it on total games played. If you base it on total wins between the two sides then the Lions have 57% more wins.

My maths is bad but I like having a play with the numbers.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Lions have won 7 out of 20 games - 35% win percentage

We have won 4 out of 20 - 20% win percentage

Lions have 15% more wins than us

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Lions have won 7 out of 20 games - 35% win percentage

We have won 4 out of 20 - 20% win percentage

Lions have 15% more wins than us
Ahhh yes...forgot bye rounds...thanks for the correction.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We will probably be where we are now next year too, I should think. Strong recruiting at the end of this, and next season, should see us start to improve, but this will coincide with Roo and Joey, and probably Chips and Dempster retiring, meaning that we won't move up the ladder for a few years. But I can deal with that if we have another decade like the 2004-12 era after that. Think we are a more attractive option than Melbourne, the Bullies and a couple of the interstate sides. Hope Richo adopts a more attacking mindset than Lyon when we do come good.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Heaps of guys leave, new coach, struggling...

Why are they seemingly turning the corner, kids showing a bit, selling a bit of hope...

We are struggling huh
how good was their effort... wished i could have watched it... Buckley's face would have been golden...

go Lions!

Fortius Quo Fidelius