Positives from yesterday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Positives from yesterday

I went to my second game for the year ( GWS other one) due to work. I was surprised by the performance and have a feel now for what we have to look forward to and based on yesterday who will be GOP .
Armitage , Steven - Next leaders
Billings, Newness, Webster - mark those names , more pre seasons into the bodies but these guys have class and use the ball very well.

Delaney, Longer, Savage regular senior players long term
Weller - best game for the club. Lacks polish but could be a long term role player

Ross - his lack of a tank worries me, looked spent in the third qtr . Perhaps needs to visit Cousin Joel's boxing trainer that changed his career around
Lee - Leave him there for the rest of the season and see what happens
Shenton - tries hard but not convinced
Milera - has class but lacks hardness and no second efforts when the ball hits the ground
Minchington, Murdoch - too early to tell
Simpkin - could be gone seasons end

Veterans- Hayes, Roo, Gwilt, Jones, dempster Ray

Being able to build a side around Armiatge, Steven, Bruce, Delaney, Longer Hickey, Billings, Newness, Webster, Dunstan, Acres, and maybe Ross, Weller, Murdoch, Templeston, Minchington with a couple more first round picks and free agents at the right time is a good base. Better placed than some above us - Carlton, Richmond, Brisbane,

Milne
Club Player

Re: Positives from yesterday

We looked better yesterday than we have looked in awhile.

Billings with 25 disposals and 100% efficiency was amazing.

Jack Steven seems to be finding some form as well.

Great post that sums up our boys at the moment.

lloyd21
Club Player

8-) Dunstan is the future leader of the group has been a leader of every level he has played

Billings, Newness, Webster - mark those names , more pre seasons into the bodies but these guys have class and use the ball very well.

Weller - best game for the club. Lacks polish but could be a long term role player

Agree with a lot of things you have said they have finally worked out where Savage plays it is behind the ball half back or back pocket because he can kick the ball. A lot can't !
He should be the guy kicking the ball when they bring out of the back half. 8-)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:I went to my second game for the year ( GWS other one) due to work. I was surprised by the performance and have a feel now for what we have to look forward to and based on yesterday who will be GOP .
Armitage , Steven - Next leaders

Ross - his lack of a tank worries me, looked spent in the third qtr . Perhaps needs to visit Cousin Joel's boxing trainer that changed his career around
Lee - Leave him there for the rest of the season and see what happens
Shenton - tries hard but not convinced
Milera - has class but lacks hardness and no second efforts when the ball hits the ground
Minchington, Murdoch - too early to tell
Simpkin - could be gone seasons end

Veterans- Hayes, Roo, Gwilt, Jones, dempster Ray

Being able to build a side around Armiatge, Steven, Bruce, Delaney, Longer Hickey, Billings, Newness, Webster, Dunstan, Acres, and maybe Ross, Weller, Murdoch, Templeston, Minchington with a couple more first round picks and free agents at the right time is a good base. Better placed than some above us - Carlton, Richmond, Brisbane,
Good post.

I'd add Nathan Wright to that group.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The other real positive from yesterday was how consistent and accurate the umpires were.

Good signs.

You are garbage - Enough said
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:The other real positive from yesterday was how consistent and accurate the umpires were.

Good signs.
Yeah, loved that as much as I did my overpriced and cold pie

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:The other real positive from yesterday was how consistent and accurate the umpires were.

Good signs.
Yeah, loved that as much as I did my overpriced and cold pie
the maggotts were their usual cheating selves......must always put their wages on the sides playing the saints.....18 frees to 9......mongrels...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The umpires can't be blamed for Weller kicking four behinds rather than goals (there's a potential 24 points gawn!) Umpires can't be blamed for poor decisions and turnovers. I'm NOT bagging Weller, he's still learning the game, nor am I whinging about turnovers, that is inexperience and youth. Umpire blaming is just a little bit simplistic (IMHO)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:The umpires can't be blamed for Weller kicking four behinds rather than goals (there's a potential 24 points gawn!) Umpires can't be blamed for poor decisions and turnovers. I'm NOT bagging Weller, he's still learning the game, nor am I whinging about turnovers, that is inexperience and youth. Umpire blaming is just a little bit simplistic (IMHO)
Zachary, umpires had absolutely nothing to do with yesterday's result!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell