First Time - Long Time

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunburySaint
Club Player

First Time - Long Time

.... nah not really

Sunbury is back! Had some admin issues with updating personal details which took 5 months to rectify, but thanks to BFUSA (Simon) its all fixed and I'm ready to talk Saints!!

On the Saints I am really enjoying seeing the young kids come through and give us glimpses of the future, there are only a couple of things I would like to point out:

- I know this has been discussed at length in multiple threads on this forum in the past week, but all I will say is if Roo has 2 or 3 on him, where are our 1 or 2 free men? I don't have the most astute footy brain, but I am also not dumb enough to know if one of our players has 3 on him, we have 2 spare somewhere.... Our midfielders should look up and utilise the best option, but if the free players we have arent presenting in an assertive manner then why would the ball get kicked their way?

- Jack Newnes - At the game against the scum there were a few off the ball scuffles and I was proud to see newnes kick it off with Flogginson, we need more mongrel in the team and for Newnes to get in there was just great to see. Lets hope him and the team can convert that passion into the way they play for the team.

- Alan Richardson - should not be judged on his first 7 rounds, especially with the injury list we have, I was always told, it usually takes a coach 3 years to get their imprint on the team, obvioulsy there are exceptions to the rule, but lets wait and see how he goes when he gets an input on the players he brings in and has more time to develop his game plan

- I went to Wellington and as much as people say the kiwis wont get into the game, the ones I was sitting near seemed to get really involved... hopefully they can tell their friends next year!

Anyway, its good to be back on board!!

Now lives in Geelong...
howlinwolf
Club Player

Re: First Time - Long Time

Good to see you back SS.
It's frustrating to watch Roo double and triple teamed. It's been that way forever. Even more so that we don't have anyone to stand up and say I'm loose and free to kick goals.
We just need some one to step up to the plate like Roo does. Imagine if Stanley were the one tag teamed and Roo was free ? Wow. He'd kick 10+ a game.
Unfortunately our next power forward isn't obvious.Hopefully this time next year he will be :-)

I'm happy with Richo as coach and we need to be patient through turbulent times. It's not going to be pretty but he is highly regarded amongst his peers and we've done well to gain his services.
Personally I'd like to see him still coach in ten years time. It would justify our decision and mean we have a stable club and more than likely some success to show.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
SunburySaint
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:Good to see you back SS.
It's frustrating to watch Roo double and triple teamed. It's been that way forever. Even more so that we don't have anyone to stand up and say I'm loose and free to kick goals.
We just need some one to step up to the plate like Roo does. Imagine if Stanley were the one tag teamed and Roo was free ? Wow. He'd kick 10+ a game.
Unfortunately our next power forward isn't obvious.Hopefully this time next year he will be :-)

I'm happy with Richo as coach and we need to be patient through turbulent times. It's not going to be pretty but he is highly regarded amongst his peers and we've done well to gain his services.
Personally I'd like to see him still coach in ten years time. It would justify our decision and mean we have a stable club and more than likely some success to show.
Stability is something that isn't common with our club from the past, lets hope that changes :-)

Stanley, I don't believe will step up to the plate there but will be a handy player as a ruck/ forward.... methinks our KPF issue may be resolved by next year :-D

Now lives in Geelong...
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I don't buy this 10 year coach rubbish. Can't happen at St.Kilda.

If Clarko became available I'd be happy if we got rid of Richo for him. But that probably will never happen. So far so good with Richo. But after round 8 of Twatters first season we we were all happy with the dwarf.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
howlinwolf
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:

I don't buy this 10 year coach rubbish. Can't happen at St.Kilda.

If Clarko became available I'd be happy if we got rid of Richo for him. But that probably will never happen. So far so good with Richo. But after round 8 of Twatters first season we we were all happy with the dwarf.
What I meant by that was that if Richo is still coach in ten years time it will equate to us having had a very stable,successful period.
I think he is the real deal as a coach and if he's gone in 3 years time it's back to the drawing board yet again.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11