Squads for sat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evo
Club Player

Squads for sat

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY v ST KILDA

Saturday, February 29 at Robertson Oval, Wagga, 4.40pm (EDT)

GIANTS

1. Phil Davis, 2. Curtly Hampton, 3. Stephen Coniglio, 4. Toby Greene, 5. Dylan Shiel, 6. Lachie Whitfield, 7. Rhys Palmer, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Tom Scully, 10. Devon Smith, 11. Jed Lamb, 12. Jon Patton, 14. Tom Bugg, 17. Adam Treloar, 18. Jeremy Cameron, 19. Nick Haynes, 20. Adam Tomlinson, 22. Joshua Kelly, 23. Heath Shaw, 26. Jon Giles, 29. Zac Williams, 30. Lachie Plowman, 31. Jacob Townsend, 32. Josh Hunt, 33. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 40. Adam Kennedy, 41. Shane Mumford, 46. Dylan Addison, 48. Sam Frost

SAINTS

1. Tom Hickey, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Clint Jones, 5. Shane Savage, 6. Sebastian Ross, 7. Lenny Hayes, 9. Tom Lee, 11. Leigh Montagna, 12. Nick Riewoldt, 13. Adam Schneider, 14. Jarryn Geary, 15. Jack Billings, 16. Jack Newnes, 18. Billy Longer, 20. David Armitage, 21. Luke Delaney, 22. Farren Ray, 24. Sean Dempster, 26. Tom Curren, 29. Jimmy Webster, 31. Tom Simpkin, 33. James Gwilt, 34. Nathan Wright, 35. Josh Saunders, 36. Luke Dunstan, 37. Beau Maister, 39. Cameron Shenton, 43. Eli Templeton, 44. Maverick Weller

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Squads for sat

Pretty good line-up.

It's good to see Tom Lee in the squad.

And I hope Mav Weller gets a run this week - interested to see what he's capable of.

evo
Club Player

Notable absentees Siposs, TDL, Stanley, Bruce and Acres.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:Notable absentees Siposs, TDL, Stanley, Bruce and Acres.
I was confident that Acres would play v GWS. Thought it would be the perfect game for him...

Big Spencer still 2 weeks off but there is a Sandy game on March 15 (v Dolphins) so I expect a lot of Saints to play in that one also.

Really Looking fwd to seeing these guys this week:

9. Tom Lee,
15. Jack Billings
18. Billy Longer
36. Luke Dunstan
39. Cameron Shenton,
43. Eli Templeton,
44. Maverick Weller

FQF
SS Life Member

Jack Steven withdrawn from side due to injury, replace by Minchington.

Is Markworth still not fit to play? I was hoping he'd get a run.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

more toms than a cattery...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

evo wrote:Notable absentees Siposs, TDL, Stanley, Bruce and Acres.
+ Roberton & Dunell

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Jack Steven withdrawn from side due to injury, replace by Minchington.

Is Markworth still not fit to play? I was hoping he'd get a run.
+ 1
Good to see the Minch

Whats wrong with Markworth? Hammy still? Disappointing. I was really looking fwd to Markworth and Acres this week also.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think with Markworth its going to be a case of slowly slowly coming back from a knee is always a risk especially with younger guys to do a Moribito and do it again straight up so im happy if the club are being over protective in this case ....

TDL was pretty poor in the first hit out with regards to effectivly putting on tackles or sheparding ... he really lacks any physicallity at all in the game and i think that might be somethin Richo might not like in his team , its a shame that Milera is still under an injury cloud as he is also a bloke who needs to work on his physicallity but i see more potential to become better in Milera then i do in TDL ...

i would have though Rhys needed to play this game to get a bit more feel of the footy ... he barely touched it last game (but that can be somewhat forgiven due to the conditions) so i would have expected him to be out there

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
dragit
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote: SAINTS

1. Tom Hickey, 3. Jack Steven, 4. Clint Jones, 5. Shane Savage, 6. Sebastian Ross, 7. Lenny Hayes, 9. Tom Lee, 11. Leigh Montagna, 12. Nick Riewoldt, 13. Adam Schneider, 14. Jarryn Geary, 15. Jack Billings, 16. Jack Newnes, 18. Billy Longer, 20. David Armitage, 21. Luke Delaney, 22. Farren Ray, 24. Sean Dempster, 26. Tom Curren, 29. Jimmy Webster, 31. Tom Simpkin, 33. James Gwilt, 34. Nathan Wright, 35. Josh Saunders, 36. Luke Dunstan, 37. Beau Maister, 39. Cameron Shenton, 43. Eli Templeton, 44. Maverick Weller
Looks close to full strength... Fisher, Gilbert, Roberton & Steven missing

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

No sign of Bull Murdoch either

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:No sign of Bull Murdoch either
I think Bull is at the bottom of the pecking order in terms of our young recruits.

wotever1
Club Player

Is Sam Fisher injured??

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
I think Bull is at the bottom of the pecking order in terms of our young recruits.

Wouldnt of thought so.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
FQF
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:
FQF wrote:

Wouldnt of thought so.
Meant to say, toward the bottom.

creepypolar
Club Player

Game is on the 1st guys. Not a leap year

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
FQF wrote:

Wouldnt of thought so.

Well he aint up the front and only 26 can play and the older guys have to play. We need to be ready to go round one because from round 3 onwards it get really tough.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

to be fair pluggs i think round 1 2 and three will be tough .... from there it becomes extrem tough

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:to be fair pluggs i think round 1 2 and three will be tough .... from there it becomes extrem tough

I take it you think 4 wins at the best? Not having a go at you because i felt the same. Losing our best player makes me really feel worse.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually P66 I am not marking any definite wins this season. The sides I believe we can beat are Melbourne, GWS, Brisbane down here, Gold Coast down here, Bulldogs, possibly West Coast over here. At this point in time, would not be at all confident against any others.
But, I'm okay with that, that is where we are in the cycle, near the bottom. Remember we still have Roo, Lenny, Fish, Schneider and a few others to retire yet, and I expect that at the end of this and next season.
What we need this year is Lee to kick at least 30 goals, guys like Ross, Newnes, Wright, Hickey etc to continue with improvement and consistency.
Our fantasy is that both Sipposs and Stanley cement their spots in the side, if they don't, I doubt they will be here next year. I would prefer they make it.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:to be fair pluggs i think round 1 2 and three will be tough .... from there it becomes extrem tough

I take it you think 4 wins at the best? Not having a go at you because i felt the same. Losing our best player makes me really feel worse.
i can see some teams looking forward to playing us lets just say that ...
i think that Melb and GWS will be looking at thier fixtures just as we look at ours and see the games against us as a real good chance to get an early win on the board ...
i reckon round one (and i know this sound stupid) could be possibly be the most important game of the year for both us and Melbourne it basically is our grand final in some respects ...

the way i see the year is in most of the games we will go in as the underdog and will prob live up to that personally i can only see us maybe shocking one team for an unlikey victory against a more fancied team ... there a 6 games that i see us as a 50/50 chance all being equal of winning but as we know its never all equal so injury poor form whatever will see us win some and lose some ... if we get 6 wins for the year i will be impressed if we get just 1 or 2 i wouldnt be suprised

FQF
SS Life Member

This injury might just change the course of our history - I don't think it's over the top to suggest that it's the difference between a number 1 pick and 2-4. Especially given the games that Jack's going to miss.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Jacks a great player no doubt but i dont think he is at the stage yet where his absence has that big of an impact on if we win or lose as yet ... chances are if we do lose round 1 we would have still lost had jack played

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Jacks a great player no doubt but i dont think he is at the stage yet where his absence has that big of an impact on if we win or lose as yet ... chances are if we do lose round 1 we would have still lost had jack played

Sorry but got to disagree. Jack is our best player now. obviously if Melbourne were to win by 10 goals he wouldnt have made any difference.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

jack is our best player yes but does the team play better because of him being there ?
he is the best player and does his job but i dont see him being the guy that drags our team over the line he does his role and he does it very very well but unlike say Lenny or Roo who when they are missing or are being well beaten we lose or when they are on fire and playing their best we win... Jack to me is a bit like Dal can be brilliant in a losing side and be brilliant in a winning side but his brilliance either way doesnt change the game outcome