My Expectations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

My Expectations

Well, I've just been watching the press conference, so far so good.
But to be honest, if we win 6 games next year I'd be happy.
What I'd like to see is some new ideas in playing the game, some semblance of structure with the team, like someone to kick the ball to once we get possession in the middle of the field. Aggression at the ball and the man with the ball and improvement from our young players.
So far, I think our recruiting has been excellent, on paper, let's just hope it translates itself on field.
I would also like to see an increase in membership, we have always been able to muster reasonable crowds, even when we were absolute crap, this club should have a much larger membership, and if the club has money, it has more money to spend on assets to make it a better club.
Going to sign up my niece in the U.S. to a country membership so we will have one more supporter in L.A.
Plus it will annoy my Essendon and Yankee supporting brother.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: My Expectations

+1

(I really just said +1 so that the OP didn't feel left out by no one responding)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

+1 - My son is off to 'Murica April next year - I hope he makes some converts.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

My expectations, in all honesty, are this:

I expect us to win 1 flag by the end of this decade.
I expect us to win 3 flags by 2030.
By 2050, I expect our premiership tally to stand at around 10.

First step: Get behind Richo and develop a team whose window will officially be 'open' around 2017-2020

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
sverik25
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Well, I've just been watching the press conference, so far so good.
But to be honest, if we win 6 games next year I'd be happy.
What I'd like to see is some new ideas in playing the game, some semblance of structure with the team, like someone to kick the ball to once we get possession in the middle of the field. Aggression at the ball and the man with the ball and improvement from our young players.
So far, I think our recruiting has been excellent, on paper, let's just hope it translates itself on field.
I would also like to see an increase in membership, we have always been able to muster reasonable crowds, even when we were absolute crap, this club should have a much larger membership, and if the club has money, it has more money to spend on assets to make it a better club.
Going to sign up my niece in the U.S. to a country membership so we will have one more supporter in L.A.
Plus it will annoy my Essendon and Yankee supporting brother.
Yeah I'm inclined to agree on the 6 games or less part. After looking at our fixture I wouldn't even be surprised if we only won say 3 games for the year...
Having said that I'm pretty happy with the recruiting so far so who knows, maybe we could surprise a few people and win a few more.

Membership MUST improve on last year otherwise everyone will start looking at us as a potential relocation target! I can't believe that clubs like North and Melbourne both exceeded our membership tally last year when they have less supporters than us, go figure!

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

We will be 4-2 by the end of Round 6. Membership will be up and running and team will have confidence. And they will be super fit. That one I am sure of.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

hungry for a premiership wrote:My expectations, in all honesty, are this:

I expect us to win 1 flag by the end of this decade. Yes!
I expect us to win 3 flags by 2030. Yes! (At the least.)
By 2050, I expect our premiership tally to stand at around 10. Yes!

First step:
Get behind Richo and develop a team whose window will officially be 'open' around 2017-2020
2018 I reckon.
Why is this totally realistic?

Because we are building the list to achieve that drought-breaking-monkey-off-the-back flag that will 'set our club free'.

This will then allow us to tap into our huge latent fan base and gain greater sponsorship to finally make us the powerhouse we should always have been.

Cuddle's infamous 'juggernaut' comment will prove prophetic... sadly for him, about a decade too late...

It just needs that 'one' flag to unleash the Saintas Juggernaut! :twisted:

Keep the faith Saintas!

(Oh yeah, as jigging Dave rightly says... to hell with the rest!)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: