The Sky is Not Falling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

The Sky is Not Falling

There really are some hysterical idiots on this forum. Yes I have said it. Idiots. Lunatics. People who have lost all semblance of reason.

I have seen some plain out wacky suggestions Sack the St Kilda President. Bring back Grant Thomas ( please). I'm surprised no-one has suggested bringing back Ross Lyons.

People on this forum are so ready, willing and able to think the worst at the first sign of upheaval.

Well, here is my advice. Take a chill pill. The club is in transition. Yes I know its a big word. But get used to it.

You see it's like this. A certain percentage of people who are in charge of running this club are tired of our non performance on the football field and are trying to do something about it. Yes its called change.

The equation is very simple. If nothing changes. Nothing changes. The coach has clearly made a lot of enemies. This goes way beyond Chris Pelchen although clearly he was instrumental in what occurred today.

The seeds of discontent grow deep in the club. I thought it was significant and damning that the club President mentioned three players at the press conference. He would not have mentioned them had they not been involved either directly or indirectly in the decision that was taken.

I am talking about Roo, Joey and Lenny. Their names came out of the blue and were mentioned in the context of a denial which makes me feel certain that they were involved. The obvious implication is that they were dissatisfied with the coach.

You do not have to be a genius to work out that there has been a power struggle going on behind closed doors. A power struggle that Pelchen has won and Watters has lost.

Quite frankly I don't have a problem with what has happened...PROVIDED....we have a better season in 2014. If we don't then all of these political machinations will be a waste of time and the naysayers on this forum will be 100 percent on the money which I am sure they are not.

This club could not have continued the way it was if we want success. That is the harsh reality. The status quo was never going to deliver. So we needed to shake things up. If choco is going to be our coach. Bring it on. But it comes with this caveat. Deliver. No excuses.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Sky is Not Falling

I upgraded this week. (I renewed a couple of weeks back) and while we have turbulent times hanging over us, we've survived 'em before, we'll do it again. I'm prepared to maintain my cool and simply wait for the full facts to emerge (as they surely will) In the meantime I have no reasons whatsoever for reconsidering my decision to renew membership.
GO SAINTS! (to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

You are right. The sky is not falling. It fell at 5.06pm on 25th September, 2010. Everything after that has been the logical aftermath.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why is there a problem

The leadership structure is not right

Who is the boss at stk? Seriously, no wonder the players lacked respect, SW wasn't even in charge?!

Employ a senior coach with a clue, and let him run the show... The footy manager, supports him with building a team he needs .. And resourcing the department....
Not telling him the strategic plan and making him report to him....

philtee
Club Player

Amen brother Damien.
Anyone who says they are shocked, stunned by this sacking simply hasn't been reading the signs over
the last month. Haven't you seen the threads on this forum? Haven't you seen jaxons' predictions
come true one by one? Haven't you heard Mark Fine barking up the wrong branch of the right tree?
The vitriol directed at the Club by those who say they are supporters is a real surprise.
I renewed yesterday. If I had to, I'd renew again tomorrow.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

Laughing :D , the sky is not falling you say! Glad some of us think so.

Yep Ok, I'll take these chill pill comments with a nice cup of tea and a lie down. Hopefully I'll fall asleep and wake up to the news that the StKFC has a clear n direct vision with a firm positive plan that looks very attractive to all SaintSational responders. Woo hoo!

But the lingering doubt i have is that no vision at all will be shared with any of us. Such is my perception of the non inclusive closed shop reality of our current board at the club.

Personally I like to know what's going on. If Mark Fine is correct I want the club to acknowledge it in some way. I don't think it's unreasonable for the club to divulge what happened inside the club walls. Other coaches have survived sackings. SW will survive this one. I just want to know why he was axed! Fair transparent honesty. Atm i feel we are put deliberately in the dark. And I don't have to like it.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!