Davenport= Hall= Black and Dal Santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

howlinwolf
Club Player

Davenport= Hall= Black and Dal Santo

I just read an interesting article on the StKilda FC website.

It's an interesting read for those still coming to terms with losing Dal and Ben.

If we hadn't traded Davenport at the time we wouldn't be regretting Dal leaving as we wouldn't have had him.
Of course Hall went on to be a valuable player after he left but so did Black and Dal.
We're headed in the right direction. It just hurts a little.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-10-1 ... ading-game

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Davenport= Hall= Black and Dal Santo

My initial reaction was - What a wank of an article.

Felt like I was being sold propaganda in which to sooth the decisions made just recently.

It stopped short of the Black trade didn't it. Probably because that linage ended up with Fiora.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't we have had Pick 17 regardless.... We had Pick 2.... What has Black go to do with Hall?

Not sure it's even correct?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Wouldn't we have had Pick 17 regardless.... We had Pick 2.... What has Black go to do with Hall?

Barry Hall St Kilda Sydney Swans Draft Pick #13, #17 & #45

Pity we didn't hold onto 17 that eventually ended up with Geeling -> J Kelly

howlinwolf
Club Player

Well Heath Black aside, we got Dal at 13 as part of the Hall trade so coming from Davenport to that was a win.
Black was a useful player as well imo.
I'm not sure Davenport did too much with Carlton. So effectively we unloaded him at the right time.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:My initial reaction was - What a wank of an article.

Felt like I was being sold propaganda in which to sooth the decisions made just recently.

It stopped short of the Black trade didn't it. Probably because that linage ended up with Fiora.
I don't get it...why don't you support your club, and be positive about the decisions made.

Calling the clubs media statements propoganda is a bit harsh... There's no bold statements being made about the future, just facts stated for those too stupid to realise that we are in rebuild mode...

Your messiah RL sold you some bs propoganda when he left our FC at the end of 2011 and you gobbled it all up...

You and your clique spent months crying about his departure...RL was no longer part of our club and instead of focusing on the future you and your clique wanted to tell us that he was the greatest thing to happen to St Kilda since Jeans coached the team. Now that is pure bs and propaganda

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Spinner wrote:My initial reaction was - What a wank of an article.

I don't get it...why don't you support your club, and be positive about the decisions made.

Calling the clubs media statements propoganda is a bit harsh... There's no bold statements being made about the future, just facts stated for those too stupid to realise that we are in rebuild mode...

Your messiah RL sold you some bs propoganda when he left our FC at the end of 2011 and you gobbled it all up...

You and your clique spent months crying about his departure...RL was no longer part of our club and instead of focusing on the future you and your clique wanted to tell us that he was the greatest thing to happen to St Kilda since Jeans coached the team. Now that is pure bs and propaganda

Strange thst you keep bringing RL into everything. Weird actually. I actually dont any person on here cried because RL departed. that would be weirder than bringing him up all the time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't believe that we could be better off without him, couldn't move on, whinged, whined, didn't want to move on...but yeah...maybe not cried

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Couldn't believe that we could be better off without him, couldn't move on, whinged, whined, didn't want to move on...but yeah...maybe not cried

I actually think most said it was probably time, well i certainly did. Its weird that you keep bringing him up with this thread had 100% nothing to do with him. He wasnt onvolved in any of these players apart from coach Dal. It is complete off topic. Spinner didnt rate the article but ive looked everywhere with what he said I cant see any sign of RL being mentioned by him, only you.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Wouldn't we have had Pick 17 regardless.... We had Pick 2.... What has Black go to do with Hall?

Or maybe you could read the article. Hall for 13, 17 and 45. 13 used on Dal, 17 traded for Black, 45 traded for Knobel

We had pick 2 priority, pick 5 1st round, pick 13 traded and pick 21 2nd round.

I love it that Devonport played one game for Carlton compared to Hall, Dal, Black, Fiora, Knobel.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm crying hysterically about Ross leaving right now.

Greg T
Club Player

Interesting letter regarding the players in the paper today that basically said they didn't
Get the job done 09/10 , so time to move on.
Maybe a bit of truth in that.
Good luck to dal, not the end of the world ,
Supporters are more emotional than clubs these days......

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key