St Kilda needs Boyd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

St Kilda needs Boyd

The Saints should do everything possible to get Boyd. Even if it means giving pick 3, 17 and 18 I would do it. This sort of player only comes around every 15 years or so and considering there are 18 teams then it may be another 200 years before we get another chance.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda needs Boyd

The Pelican has been trying, he says GWS don't really want to part with pick 1, they are probably nervous about passing on a potential superstar, although Boyd may end up
no better than Anthony Banik was as a #1 pick. :shock: :shock: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

it's ok - we'll let Essendon try and deal with GWS-- similiar trading styles-- all talk and no action.

heard someone ask yesterday - so was that it for trades-- and they were informed the reason that it now goes for 20 days was to give essendon to get all those trades they left till 2 pm on the friday done in time for the deadline.... from anecdotal evidence and hearsay-- this still continues to this day........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Let him go to the drug cheats, oh wait they are banned from the draft

I love this club
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Wayne42 wrote:The Pelican has been trying, he says GWS don't really want to part with pick 1, they are probably nervous about passing on a potential superstar, although Boyd may end up
no better than Anthony Banik was as a #1 pick. :shock: :shock: :lol:
GWS have stated they wanted 2 players with 6-8 years left and I think its fair to say they weren't thinking of St kilda players when they made that comment. As much as i like the sound of Boyd, I think we bide our time. Next years draft supposedly has lots of good talls and we will probably have a top 3 pick again

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Its tricky because of all the first round picks we've had over the years, we've got one indisputably correct.

1. Nick Riewoldt

And he's probably been the biggest most consistent factor in us getting to 3 prelims, 2 GFs, and 2 other finals appearances too

If Boyd is this decades Riewoldt, he is indeed worth 3 first round picks

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Its tricky because of all the first round picks we've had over the years, we've got one indisputably correct.

1. Nick Riewoldt

And he's probably been the biggest most consistent factor in us getting to 3 prelims, 2 GFs, and 2 other finals appearances too

Since 1986 we've only had 2 No.1 draft picks, Roo in 2000 and Goddard in 2002, that's not a bad strike rate

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
skeptic wrote:Its tricky because of all the first round picks we've had over the years, we've got one indisputably correct.

1. Nick Riewoldt

Since 1986 we've only had 2 No.1 draft picks, Roo in 2000 and Goddard in 2002, that's not a bad strike rate
When we finish last next year we will get another Goddard with a number one pick who plays like Roo. Twas meant to be written in those tanking stars.

citywest

Is Goddard's brother a Tall??? And is he as highly rated as Boyd? I doubt it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Is Goddard's brother a Tall??? And is he as highly rated as Boyd? I doubt it.

Goddards cousin Hugh. 194 cm forward.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl ... mm-premium

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:

1. Nick Riewoldt

When we finish last next year we will get another Goddard with a number one pick who plays like Roo. Twas meant to be written in those tanking stars.
say what :roll:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
gringo wrote: When we finish last next year we will get another Goddard with a number one pick who plays like Roo. Twas meant to be written in those tanking stars.

Goddard's cousin Hugh as above is a 194 cm forward and has been touted as the number 1 draft pick since he was a kid. Goddard's name and Roo's playing style and BT can use the Geelong Falcons footy factory line again. It's so meant to be we will tank it to get him.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
gringo wrote: When we finish last next year we will get another Goddard with a number one pick who plays like Roo. Twas meant to be written in those tanking stars.

Goddard's cousin Hugh as above is a 194 cm forward and has been touted as the number 1 draft pick since he was a kid. Goddard's name and Roo's playing style and BT can use the Geelong Falcons footy factory line again. It's so meant to be we will tank it to get him.
Ok :lol:

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Sydney recruited the greatest Full Forward of all time in Tony LOCKETT, but he couldn't win them a grand final. We are much better off having a balanced team of quality players rather than the 1 or 2 super stars that the St Kilda of yester years have gone with.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Sydney recruited the greatest Full Forward of all time in Tony LOCKETT, but he couldn't win them a grand final. We are much better off having a balanced team of quality players rather than the 1 or 2 super stars that the St Kilda of yester years have gone with.
What are you saying.. F*** Boyd

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Wayne42 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Sydney recruited the greatest Full Forward of all time in Tony LOCKETT, but he couldn't win them a grand final. We are much better off having a balanced team of quality players rather than the 1 or 2 super stars that the St Kilda of yester years have gone with.
What are you saying.. F*** Boyd
If we didnt have to give the world he would be great get - but to give away 2 or 3 high quality picks to get him would be stupid !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

It's okay, given the way the league seems to work now we will build close to a premiership in the next 5 years and in the 6th snag Boyd in FA. Cos thats how the AFL rolls now.

Ajantis
Club Player

St.kilda wanted to know how real GWS are in relation to trading boyd. GWS asked for Jack Stevens with a draft pick, thats just shows how much they want in quality for the number 1 pick, which clearly wasnt going too happen.
Patton has told GWS he doesnt want to be a third/fourth Tier player in GWS - he has advised the club and is willing to participate in a trade. He simply wants to play senior footy.
St.kilda tested the waters too see if boyd is tradable or GWS are talking rubbish.

GWS asked collingwood for steele sidebottom and draft pick for boyd. They asked essendon for watson and draft for boyd. etc etc.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

If GWS keep Pick 1 and take Boyd with it, then they do not need Paton. It would be unfair of them to draft Boyd and keep Paton, it could potential stuff either player's development as one of them would have reduced opportunity. So if they keep Pick 1, Paton should be very gettable and we should go for him, because he is a monster and he too will be a gun. I think if we offer Pick 3 (and perhaps our third round pick) & Fisher for Paton & Bruce, GWS would be silly not to deal.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:If GWS keep Pick 1 and take Boyd with it, then they do not need Paton. It would be unfair of them to draft Boyd and keep Paton, it could potential stuff either player's development as one of them would have reduced opportunity. So if they keep Pick 1, Paton should be very gettable and we should go for him, because he is a monster and he too will be a gun. I think if we offer Pick 3 (and perhaps our third round pick) & Fisher for Paton & Bruce, GWS would be silly not to deal.
if we got that over the line I would be pretty OK with that.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Chances of us getting Patton, though?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Chances of Paton? Better than of getting Boyd. I think we would be in with a show. And he is or was a Saints supporter too.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Has anyone heard any rumours regarding us going after Patton since the early rumours?

evo
Club Player

If our trades and draft picks work out o.k. we should improve and would be no certainties to finish in the bottom 3

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Every 15 years ?
Sounds like massive hyperbole.

I have to disagree. We need to build a side with 22 good players and 8 guns.

We dont to put all our eggs in the messiah basket.

No doubt there will be a new best ever next draft.

But gee whizz gws must have a lot of talent in their