Trade Strategy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Trade Strategy

This footy club as much as I love it has given very little by way of a return for my loyal support.

Let's face it. 2013 has been a shyte year for all of us. Team not competitive. The Clinton Jones act of insanity. The Plympton stupidity. And Stephen Milne not receiving due acknowledgement for his loyal service to the club.

But putting all of that to one side I do like the bold strategy we have shown so far in trade week.

I think it was really smart to trade Ben. Lovely bloke, great set of hands, big tank but on the downside can't tap to save himself, has no leap and is too slow to be a number one ruckman.

He is a much better fit for the Hawks because unlike us they have the luxury of having enough big bodies for Ben to remain a kick behind play where he is at his best in my view.

I will be sorry to see McEvoy go but I do believe it was necessary to rebuild our list.

Quite excited about getting Savage. He is a great kick, has plenty of speed and nice balance. He will give us real impetus as a midfielder/ forward and may fill the sustantial hole left by Milney.

As a result of this trade we are likely to get three top 20 picks which is exactly what we need to draft some young talent and despite what people are saying about this being a weak draft there is still some talent worth going for.

Really like Aish. Very composed for such a young kid.

And of course we are not done by any stretch in the club trade department. I think we will get Bruce from the Giants (maybe as a deal involving Sam Fisher) Delaney from North. On that score I think we will get him irrespective of whether Del stays or goes.

We need a number two ruckman for Hickey. West from Geelong has been mentioned as has Giles and Darren Jolly as a bit of ruck mentor. I also think we are chasing a ruckman from Richmond whose name escapes me.

We needed to shake things up in order to move onward and upward. Clearly the list we had was not working. So I say bravo to Bains and Pelchen and Watters. Get us a team that can have a decent crack in 2014 and beyond and all will be forgiven.
Last edited by damienc on Fri 11 Oct 2013 11:02am, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade Strategy

damienc wrote:This footy club as much as I love it has given very little by way of a return for my loyal support.

Let's face it has been a shyte year for all of us. Team not competitive. The Clinton Jones act of insanity. The Plympton stupidity. And Stephen Milne not receiving due acknowledgement for his loyal service to the club.

But putting all of that to one side I do like the bold strategy we have shown so far in trade week.

I think it was really smart to trade Ben. Lovely bloke, great set of hands, big tank but on the downside can't tap to save himself, has no leap and is too slow to be a number one ruckman.

He is a much better fit for the Hawks because unlike us they have the luxury of having enough big bodies for Ben to remain a kick behind play where he is at his best in my view.

I will be sorry to see McEvoy go but I do believe it was necessary to rebuild our list.

Quite excited about getting Savage. He is a great kick, has plenty of speed and nice balance. He will give us real impetus as a midfielder/ forward and may fill the sustantial hole left by Milney.

As a result of this trade we are likely to get three top 20 picks which is exactly what we need to draft some young talent and despite what people are saying about this being a weak draft there is still some talent worth going for.

And of course we are not done by any stretch in the club trade department. I think we will get Bruce from the Giants (maybe as a deal involving Sam Fisher) Delaney from North. On that score I think we will get him irrespective of whether Del stays or goes.

We need a number two ruckman for Hickey. West from Geelong has been mentioned as has Giles and Darren Jolly as a bit of ruck mentor. I also think we are chasing a ruckman from Richmond whose name escapes me.
a
We needed to shake things up in order to move on. Clearly the list we had was not working. So I say bravo to Bains and Pelchen and Watters. Get us a team that can have a decent crack in 2014 and beyond and all will be forgiven.

Is Tom Derickxxxx still at the Tiges?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
damienc wrote:This footy club as much as I love it has given very little by way of a return for my loyal support.

Let's face it has been a shyte year for all of us. Team not competitive. The Clinton Jones act of insanity. The Plympton stupidity. And Stephen Milne not receiving due acknowledgement for his loyal service to the club.

a
We needed to shake things up in order to move on. Clearly the list we had was not working. So I say bravo to Bains and Pelchen and Watters. Get us a team that can have a decent crack in 2014 and beyond and all will be forgiven.

No because he is a hack.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

a

No because he is a hack.
From Claremont… as good as signed.

I thought it was a typo… Derickx WTF… Was his Dad drunk when he filled out the birth certificate?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
face it has been a shyte year for all of us. Team not competitive. The Clinton Jones act of insanity. The Plympton stupidity. And Stephen Milne not receiving due acknowledgement for his loyal service to the club.

a

No because he is a hack.
From Claremont… as good as signed.

I thought it was a typo… Derickx WTF… Was his Dad drunk when he filled out the birth certificate?[/quote]

Its his surname. Not sure you can just use any surname on a BC.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

For the first time in ages, it seems like there is an actual plan of attack.

I am feeling quietly confident in what they are putting together.

Loved the way, the McEvoy trade only really came to light the night before it happened not like all the rest of the freakin rumours going around.

Sounds like a cunning plan the pelican has hatched