#1 objective for new ceo and pres

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

#1 objective for new ceo and pres

get us out of etihad and into the G.

should be our first priority over everything else. throw everything at it. Get the G and the rest will follow.

if you build it, it will come.

Ether that or revive a boutique style stadium which encapsulates the supporter base...eg Moorabbin of Junction or similar. JUST GET US THE FACK OUT OF ETIHAD...It is a stadium not worthy of our great game, highly unprofitable and is freaking design / engineering catastrophe.

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: #1 objective for new ceo and pres

MC Gusto wrote:get us out of etihad and into the G.

should be our first priority over everything else. throw everything at it. Get the G and the rest will follow.

Ether that or revive a boutique style stadium which encapsulates the supporter base...eg Moorabbin of Junction or similar. JUST GET US THE FACK OUT OF ETIHAD...It is a stadium not worthy of our great game, highly unprofitable and is freaking design / engineering catastrophe.

Its a great stadium to watch footy. I and many others love it. i will give you the tip. We are a small club so its Etihad or geelong or interstate or overseas. We are enever going to have the MCG as a home ground and Im very happy about that. And we get money off the AFL for having a poorly paying home ground. Think we get about 8 million over 3 years.

lloyd21
Club Player

Agree Etihad is a great stadium to watch footy & club just has to get members on board that is the key .
New President is right on the money increase Memberships by a lot ,create a positive consistent message coming
from all at the club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If we were to get to the MCG I fear for our attendances on days where the temperature was south of 20, or perhaps a drop or two of water was in the air.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

If you think Etihad is great for watching footy you should try a few other grounds. For starters grounds that get full sunshine.

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:If you think Etihad is great for watching footy you should try a few other grounds. For starters grounds that get full sunshine.

Or full rain. if that is the reason it struggles then im happy to stay there.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's Etihad or the highway for many Saints supporters. The deal has been poor and has been killing us, but the AFL are now pitching in.

Seaford and a loss of "identity" is killing us right right now. Sponsors are not willing to get on board - unless it's cheap to do so!

citywest

I agree with the above to a certain extent. If I was CEO I would orchestrate the following......

5 games at Docklands
3 games at MCG
3 games in NZ

Proviso 1 - the 3 games in NZ need to be against 3 of the following... GCS, GWS, ADE, PORT, WC, FREO
Proviso 2 - the 3 games at MCG need to be against 3 of the following...Coll, Haw, Car, Gee, Rich, Ess

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:

I agree with the above to a certain extent. If I was CEO I would orchestrate the following......

5 games at Docklands
3 games at MCG
3 games in NZ

Proviso 1 - the 3 games in NZ need to be against 3 of the following... GCS, GWS, ADE, PORT, WC, FREO
Proviso 2 - the 3 games at MCG need to be against 3 of the following...Coll, Haw, Car, Gee, Rich, Ess

Im sure that will happen.

citywest

Why not?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Why not?

Firstly I dont think Wellington want us to have 3 games there and neither do most supporters and secondly if it happened we are obviously only going to play sides on the Eastern boarder so both sides can get there and spend mony. As for the G obviously we would love to play those sides there as our home game but we are a very small club and the AFL arent going to agree to that. But you are right, we will play 5 home games at Etihad around another 4 or 5 home games there.

citywest

maybe you're right and 3 games in NZ is too many. Probably 2 per year is enough. How about this then....

6 games at Docklands.
3 games at the MCG
2 games in NZ

Our 11 home games for 2014 could be something like this.....
Docklands - GCS, GWS, FREO, Melb, Bulldogs, North
MCG - Coll, Haw, Ess
NZ - Adel, Port

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:maybe you're right and 3 games in NZ is too many. Probably 2 per year is enough. How about this then....

6 games at Docklands.
3 games at the MCG
2 games in NZ

Docklands - GCS, GWS, FREO, Melb, Bulldogs, North
MCG - Coll, Haw, Ess
NZ - Adel, Port

Yep that should get it done. Both Adelaide sides are on the Eastern seaboard.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

How about having a good hard look at how Hawthorn are structured up off field and having a go at imitating that. I wouldn't mind their membership numbers or premiership success rate.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
citywest

Ok Plugger66, I get your drift. How about this then?

Docklands - Syd, Bris, FREO, W.C, Melb, Bulldogs, North
MCG - Coll, Haw, Ess
NZ - GCS and GWS

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Ok Plugger66, I get your drift. How about this then?

Docklands - Syd, Bris, FREO, W.C, Melb, Bulldogs, North
MCG - Coll, Haw, Ess
NZ - GCS and GWS
Before you know it your opinion will actually be pluggers :lol: :lol: :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Can I ask why it is a design and engineering catastrophe? I hadn't heard that one? Is this well known?

St Lenny
Club Player

Etihad is a fantastic stadium. Maybe if our so called supporters, actually supported us and bought a membership instead of complaining we would be better off financially.

johng
Club Player

To get to the mcg we need at least 50000 members !thats why Carlton had such a strong membership drive during the year.they can now leave etihad no probs.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't think that should be the priority.

I'd be investing time into the 18K + members that have dropped off recently.

I fear we won't make 25K in 2014.

johng
Club Player

A lot will depend on what we do during draft and trade period.we stuff it this year we won't any membership!

Kickit
Club Player

The thing is the AFL know the problem and will continue to prop up the clubs in StKilda's circumstance.
It makes no sense for ALL the clubs to play home game sat the MCG.
The AFL are taking action to devalue the future earnings of Etihad ( and hence make the buyout more viable ).
By scheduling games at New Zealand and finals at Cardinia park the AFL are avoiding Etihad where possible.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Get out of Seaford (nothing against the suburb, but need a higher profile, closer to the city). Other than that my brief would be for an intense membership drive similar to what the Hawks and Cats were doing more than 10 years ago and haven't let the foot off the pedal since. Demand the senior coach and senior leadership group set the bar higher than previous years on the field. Improvement required in fitness, strength and injury management areas. Improve public relations- sell the club better. Be innovative.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Can I ask why it is a design and engineering catastrophe? I hadn't heard that one? Is this well known?

the stadium is orientated east west facing not north south. Stadiums need to be north south so that the sun travels across them giving full sunlight and not being effected by a rising or setting sun..similarily a cricket pitch should always be north south to protect the batters vision. Based on the reactangular shape of etihad the east west orientation means the sun won't reach all of the ground, you get terrible shadow and the grass doesnt grow in areas that never see sunlight

Making excuses for etihad (which is what they are) based on the afl funding some of the loss is not the right way to look at it. Rationalising a bad deal doesnt make it any less of a bad deal. We should get out. Move to the mcg and the members will follow. or get a boutique happening that is profitable.

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

take everything i just said and flip it! stadium is north south not east west. it should be east west a la the MCG etc so the sun travels top to bottom.

btw can we not edit posts anymore?

#1 Ryder fan