Brian Taylor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Brian Taylor

Predicting a big week ahead for the Saints after CEO quit. Financial strife and the AFL is very concerned, apparently. Was Mark Fine on the money??

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Brian Taylor

You're taking notice of that fool?
Sounds like he's talking in generalities and not specifics.

And would any of this be a surprise?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We've been in financial trouble for awhile.

That's no news.

Terrible performance in relation to corporate dollars, stadium signage, sponsors...

Change is timely, we need a mover and shaker.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"Transition " I think you referred to it as sainterK? and for me that is just about SPOT-ON!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
lloyd21
Club Player

Brian Taylor ,You are taking the word of a guy who can't research to get players names correct for commentary of the game.

Please.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What do people honestly expect at crossroads like these?

Back slapping and compliments abounding?

Hardly.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Membership has plummeted when it should be growing. Bad marks in that department.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Dimwit was asked about our finances on talking footy last tuesday , just said the afl are keeping a watch on them and if we need assistance that's what they're there for !

I would like to have asked him why the AFL doesn't do something about the rotten stadium deals that Us , the dogs and north get !
If we got a better deal we wouldn't need there help !
Lets face it our last game was fantastic for all involved with the club , however as the crowd was low , financially we probably lost thousands .
This is bull chit and the Afl have never done much to improve it .

In red white and black from 73
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Agree with everything said here. Brian Taylor is a standing joke within the media, possibly the worst television caller of all time and sheepshit as a journalist.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

BT is the best footy journo on TV.
He told us Saad lived in GT's garage. Amazing insight.
I never knew Jack Steven was from Lorne, and another product of the Geelong region footy factory.
Hang on. Geelong factory; garage;
there's something I can't put my finger on...
What's the connection? Damn...Focus, Wellard, Focus, it will come to you :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintSimmo
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:BT is the best footy journo on TV.
I never knew Jack Steven was from Lorne, and another product of the Geelong region footy factory.
What's the connection? Damn...Focus, Wellard, Focus, it will come to you :shock:
Don't forget Big Boy McEvoy wowee oh boy!

Sainter for life.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Where and when did that f***wit Taylor say this?

If anyone should be in strife, it is Brian Taylor. Atrocious commentator. If Channel 7 had any integrity for standards of its commentary, they would let him go.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Richter
SS Life Member

Presumably financial issues...

- Hutchison not having his contract renewed
- CEO resigning, perhaps so the club can pay someone else less to do the job

Hopefully that is all. However, rumours on bf are suggesting various possibilities from the Pelican on a power trip to Watters lack of ability to Rooey going to Richmond :shock: :shock:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Presumably financial issues...

Hopefully that is all. However, rumours on bf are suggesting various possibilities from the Pelican on a power trip to Watters lack of ability to Rooey going to Richmond :shock: :shock:
Lol wow wee oh boy Brian Taylor and bigfooty as the bastions of information

Wow wee

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:You're taking notice of that fool?
Sounds like he's talking in generalities and not specifics.

And would any of this be a surprise?
dimspew admitted he was worried about us last monday....taylor is behind the times...as usual...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote:Presumably financial issues...

Lol wow wee oh boy Brian Taylor and bigfooty as the bastions of information

Wow wee
Fair enough to be cynical. Also Finey on SEN. All I'm saying is that there is smoke. Whether there's fire or not? I'm in no position and have no insider info. But others who profess to are concerned.

Roll on the next month. If we haven't imploded by November then I'll rest easy.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Not having a go Richter, just when I heard Robinson say his paper went hard on a story about Saints finances but then decided not to go with it because it was a no story, I think there is a lot of scuttle but about.

I mean Taylor, Bigfooty and Mark Fine against the Herald Sun deciding it was a non story.

Was mentioned when Fine was going off that there was a certain disgruntled ex Saints person spreading malicious rumours.

Listening to the new President (yes I know) it sound like rubbish. Nettlefold was categorically NOT pushed and is stil at the club, the finances are poor but not like Taylor was going on about, and maybe there are one or two disgruntled older players.

Suppose we will soon find out

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Not having a go Richter, just when I heard Robinson say his paper went hard on a story about Saints finances but then decided not to go with it because it was a no story, I think there is a lot of scuttle but about.

I mean Taylor, Bigfooty and Mark Fine against the Herald Sun deciding it was a non story.

Was mentioned when Fine was going off that there was a certain disgruntled ex Saints person spreading malicious rumours.

Listening to the new President (yes I know) it sound like rubbish. Nettlefold was categorically NOT pushed and is stil at the club, the finances are poor but not like Taylor was going on about, and maybe there are one or two disgruntled older players.

Suppose we will soon find out
Yep. Robbo saying that definitely is a good sign as he is normally good at the footy reporting (not so much the investigative non-footy stuff of course) and its good to hear that the new Pres sounded fair dinkum.

Probably I'm just overreacting a bit to unfounded rumours... as you say we'll find out soon enough.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its everyone else fault the club is struggling. Blame the media if it makes you feel better.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Its everyone else fault the club is struggling. Blame the media if it makes you feel better.

Huh?

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Its everyone else fault the club is struggling. Blame the media if it makes you feel better.

Huh?

People having a go at the media reporting things. Dont get it. We are struggling money wise but it seems to be the people reporting it's fault.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

BT or "Barge" followed by Arse maybe as he was referred to by fellow panellists on Fox League Teams us NOT a journalist.

Like them or not, Robbo, Caro, Patrick Smith et al are accredited journalists.

He's just an ex footballer who managed to convince someone he can call football.

Therefore I take no crredance on his words.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
BT or "Barge" followed by Arse maybe as he was referred to by fellow panellists on Fox League Teams us NOT a journalist.

He's just an ex footballer who managed to convince someone he can call football.

Well Richo is on the same panel as Taylor on Saturdays and he also isnt a journo but he got many things right during the year. The people do have contacts and Id say a lot more than any of us on here. I think many people know the saints are struggling for cash so maybe it isnt big news but also seems many on here didnt know that and refuse to believe the truth.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

Well Richo is on the same panel as Taylor on Saturdays and he also isnt a journo but he got many things right during the year. The people do have contacts and Id say a lot more than any of us on here. I think many people know the saints are struggling for cash so maybe it isnt big news but also seems many on here didnt know that and refuse to believe the truth.
What did Richo bring to the table and was right on?
Maybe what socks rooey wore to the brownlow

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:take no crredance on his words.

What did Richo bring to the table and was right on?
Maybe what socks rooey wore to the brownlow

Had highlights on the show yesterday and got many things right. Cant remember any but it was all news and a bit bigger than the socks Rooy was wearing. Im also sure he got many things wrong that werent shown. My point is he isnt a journo either but their contacts are better than ours and unlike some journos players and coaches may trust them with stuff they wouldnt give a journo.