AFL: Is your team labor or liberal?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

AFL: Is your team labor or liberal?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL: Is your team labor or liberal?

We're "swinging". Figures.

At least they didn't have us as "Sex Party" :P

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Love the club founder his bio looks like he should have had dwarf lighter on it. We are a cooky cousin of the AFL the slightly crazy one who talks to walls. Those northerners only let us in to humiliate us like a performing dwarf. i feel like they have been lighting our pants ever since.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Love the club founder his bio looks like he should have had dwarf lighter on it. We are a cooky cousin of the AFL the slightly crazy one who talks to walls. Those northerners only let us in to humiliate us like a performing dwarf. i feel like they have been lighting our pants ever since.
I cant help feel they skipped a step on James J Casey. How do you go from gaol warder to newspaper proprietor?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Yes gold Dr.

I suspect that would be closer to the mark. Ill add a few

Gold Coast - Palmer United
Freo - Soft Labor (but plenty of money).
West Coast - Hardcore Liberals/Rinehart Party
Crows - Chardonnay sippers - Liberals (but vote Green in the senate)
Port Adelaide - Used to be Labor but now Swing as part of Howard's aspirational battlers. Unpredictable.
GWS - Apparently the centre of the political Universe in this country - they Swing to whichever party is throwing the most money at them. Demand pork barreling and all the best draft picks. Have all the powers that be tripping over themselves (ALP, Libs, NRL, AFL, A-League)
St Killda - Sex party. Libertarian. No discipline.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Yes gold Dr.

I suspect that would be closer to the mark. Ill add a few

Gold Coast - Palmer United
Freo - Soft Labor (but plenty of money).
West Coast - Hardcore Liberals/Rinehart Party
Crows - Chardonnay sippers - Liberals (but vote Green in the senate)
Port Adelaide - Used to be Labor but now Swing as part of Howard's aspirational battlers. Unpredictable.
GWS - Apparently the centre of the political Universe in this country - they Swing to whichever party is throwing the most money at them. Demand pork barreling and all the best draft picks. Have all the powers that be tripping over themselves (ALP, Libs, NRL, AFL, A-League)
St Killda - Sex party. Libertarian. No discipline.

Very good. It is bizarre, most of my mates are upper middle class corporate twats and none vote Liberal. All either labour or Greens. I even know members of Kennett's family none of whom would vote Libs. The battlers have replaced the educated middle class folk as the conservatives. Just like Gucci handbags who are only carried by aspirational bogans the whole conservative movement is upside down these days.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

:lol: If I vote for the Sex Party will I be able to go to their Sex party? I might as well vote for them as I don't want to vote for psychopath Rudd or creepy Abbott always fondling his daughters. Democracy can be damn depressing. :cry:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

They massively under represented E'dope's Tory roots and affiliations. Looking back over Melbourne's social and political history shows E'dope and the appalling Carlton F.C. to have switched Tory pre-eminence according to the prevailing economic times, but never have E'dope been far from a dominant "born to rule" mentaliity and kulcha.

The joint has been dominated by gawd awful rent seeking transport csars and thieving grubs at the heart of the Tory movement, right down to the modern day exultant celebration of someone who is either so thick as to not recognise aberrant criminality happening right under his rather elaborate beak, or a true narcissist so desperate to uphold the corporate kulcha that he has convinced himself they are driven by purpose far higher than mere mortals.

E'dope stinks of putrid exclusivism - always has (in my lifetime) and always will. A truly fetid organisation, devoid of any and all principle.

BTW, if you refer to the front of the UK version of the Grauniad, you will see why Eddie Snowden exposure and Glenn Greenwald's brave reporting is so damn vital to modern day democracy.

If I see that bible thumping, fiscal waste, Costello, laud his E'dope support ever again, I'm gonna have to go all insurgent.

It is the socially and economically uppity who harbour the worst and most exploitative of the criminal classes. As an example, who gave character testimony at the sentencing hearing for Shane Charter, after he was found guilty of trafficking amphetamine precursors and PED's?

David, son of Ron, Evans. A stinking, nepotistic cesspit, the whole joint.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021