South Melbourne Keystone Cops

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

South Melbourne Keystone Cops

I have been in hysterics for the better part of two hours over Midget Gate. I lost all composure when I read that the South Melbourne Police are reviewing CCTV footage. I have had many dealings with South Melbourne's finest (not has an accused) and have always been struck by their laziness and reactionary stupidity.

Good to see them again indulging themselves in further moronic bungling. Well I guess they can still munch on the Krispy Kremes whilst sitting on their burgeoning arses reviewing the footage. Another great use of Police time on the taxpayer of course! They spectacularly f**ked the Lovett matter (never had a case) and will spectuclarly f**k the Milne matter, because there is no prima facie case. It's about time they closed down the station as it doesn't appear they're too busy.

Get to work boys, check any matches found on the floor for prints, shake down the players and offer the midget the witness protection program. Do some real work you lazy fools.
Last edited by Moorabbin Man on Tue 03 Sep 2013 2:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Re: South Melbourne Keystone Cops

Midget - the language of disrespect and hate.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:I have been in hysterics for the better part of two hours over Midget Gate. I lost all composure when I read that the South Melbourne Police are reviewing CCTV footage. I have had many dealings with South Melbourne's finest (not has an accused) and have always been struck by their laziness and reactionary stupidity.

Good to see them again indulging themselves in further moronic bungling. Well I guess they can still munch on the Krispy Kremes whilst sitting on their burgeoning arses reviewing the footage. Another great use of Police time on the taxpayer of course! They spectacularly f**ked the Lovett matter (never had a case) and will spectuclarly f**k the Milne matter, because there is no prima facie case. It's about time they closed down the station as it doesn't appear they're too busy.

Get to work boys, check any matches found on the floor for prints, shake down the players and offer the midget the witness protection program. Do some real work you lazy fools.

Cant see a problem with looking at footage. Hardly going to waste to much time.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Midget - the language of disrespect and hate.
Mate if you want to find an abundance of disrespect and hate look in the country you live in. I will not be lectured on morality by a yank or psuedo yank.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

With all the publicity, again, it's not a good look for the Club :oops:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Midget - the language of disrespect and hate.
Definition: a dwarf whose skeleton and features are of normal proportions.
It's a medical term. It is used to make a clear distinction from a dwarf.
Fair dinkum, you are just looking for a reason to be offended now.

paulski
Club Player

I think markinUSA may be related to Harry O'Brian!!

If you look hard enough you'll find discrimination in everything.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Thanks for the personal attention; but I didn't really need it.
All I want is for someone to be charged, if they've done the crime, and if it is a disability hate crime... I want them to go to jail. I might be alone on this forum saying that, but I am far from alone in the disability community in thinking that. There's an online campaign about it now.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Thanks for the personal attention; but I didn't really need it.
All I want is for someone to be charged, if they've done the crime, and if it is a disability hate crime... I want them to go to jail. I might be alone on this forum saying that, but I am far from alone in the disability community in thinking that. There's an online campaign about it now.
You want someone to be charged over this, are you serious??? Again I need to mentioned the country you reside in. A country were a (black) school girl gets 15 years for shoving, yes shoving a teacher. We don't want that crap in our country thanks.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure the Police will work out whether a crime was committed.

However if others in attendance (i.e. playes) were receiving similar treatment, then I don't see how this could possibly be considered a hate crime. Is anyone seriously suggesting the culprit(s) thought "there's a dwarf, let's go set him on fire?" :shock:

Indeed it seems he was more a victim of inclusion rather than hatred.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Apparently lots of players, as well as a short person, had their clothes ignited. I'm pretty sure none of the attacks, including the one on a short person, were the result of hatred.

Club Player

you're off your head and I am sure if a little person was ready your comments they would want to punch u in the nuts for putting them in a clear group in society. As I see it they're not special they're just like me normal bloody people.

maybe take a stroll down some of the ghettos local to you and do some good instead for flapping your mouth like most piss weak lefty bleeding heart liberals.

send a young man to jail over a harmless prank give me a break u MUPPET

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Huge beat up.

I have met the person in question quite a few times on the Melbourne indy wrestling circut. Pretty nice bloke. I'd be shocked if this went further than a public apology though. Report says he wasn't hurt and wasnt the only one lit up.

I for one hope it gets resolved quickly.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Legally, there is no debate... little people are disabled.
No debate.
None. Nil. Zilch.
Thanks for playing.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Where's the hate???

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Seriopusly - hate crimes. What a meanlingless, cooked up phrase, that actually describes - nothing. More PC speak drivel delivered from overwrought evangelists out to save the poor downtrodden , and the rest of us, from ourselves.

Spare me your sanctimonius claptrap and holier than though attitude. A bunch of pissed young men behaved stupidly. Shockingly this was apparently not the first time a bunch of pissed young men behaved stupidly. I'll bet my next years wages it will also not be the last. Are they insensitive - yes. Are they frighteningly self absorbed and unaware of the impact of their behaviour - yes. Are young men, particularly when pissed or stoned, notorius for risk taking behaviour - yes. Do they set out to humiliate, degrade or hurt disabled people, females, minority groups of all sorts - generally not.

Hate crimes.......bugger me, further evidence that if you control the language you can manipulate the society........

How's this for controlling the language - you're a wanker. Save your faux outrage for someone genuinely deserving of it. Like the animals that pack-raped, beat up and urinated on a poor young mentally disabled girl.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

How is he disabled??? Just cause he's height challenged doesn't mean he's disabled.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:Legally, there is no debate... little people are disabled.
No debate.
None. Nil. Zilch.
Thanks for playing.
What about those people over 7 foot tall like Sandilands, is he disabled too?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
markinUSA wrote:Legally, there is no debate... little people are disabled.
No debate.
None. Nil. Zilch.
Thanks for playing.
What about those people over 7 foot tall like Sandilands, is he disabled too?
Be nice to Sandilands. He's not a freaky giant; he's dwarfully-challenged. :wink:

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Not Sandilands, but someone like Robert Wadlow absolutely was disabled because of his extreme height. He required leg braces to walk, and had little feeling in his legs and feet. His glandular problems led to his early death.

And if you don't know any little people (and it's pretty evident most of you don't, or at least don't know them well), there are so many medical conditions which go with the experience... that yes, there are secondary disabling conditions as well.

You all rage with faux indignation, about me calling little people 'disabled', but what am I supposed to do? Take you by the hand (over the internet, no less) and introduce you to disabled advocates who are little people, to magically give you a touch of disability awareness? If you don't get it, you don't get it. But you're wrong. Little people are, legally, and politically, disabled. But whether an individual self-identifies that way is another matter - regardless, whenever you discuss Anti Discrimination laws, little people are disabled.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Unbelievable that it is suddenly socially acceptable to try and set someone's clothes on fire.
Must be real funny, maybe some of you should visit a burns unit and see how funny getting burnt is.
Hate to tell you, but the practical joke could end up having assault charges being laid against one of our players, serious assault charges.
It might not go that far, probably an apology, however, I'd expect the club to put a suspension on the player for numerous weeks next season.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA, you are obviously very passionate about all of this and I'm not going to argue the disability angle with you.

However where you are rubbing people up the wrong way is with your faux outrage at an incident, the facts of which at this stage remain largely unknown.

Yes, it appears that a Dwarf was set on fire, or at least some of his clothes were. But more correctly it appears that several people had their clothes set on fire, one of which was a dwarf. Unless something emerges that proves otherwise, it appears that the entertainer's height had nothing to do with he incident.

At the moment it is simply a case of an imelecile(s) acting foolishly, immaturely and perhaps criminally whilst in possession of a dangerous item.

If you have any proof that this is a deliberate and hateful attack on disabled people then please share. If not then I respectfully suggest your cease with that angle lest you wish for others to continue to ridicule you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Unbelievable that it is suddenly socially acceptable to try and set someone's clothes on fire.
Must be real funny, maybe some of you should visit a burns unit and see how funny getting burnt is.
Hate to tell you, but the practical joke could end up having assault charges being laid against one of our players, serious assault charges.
It might not go that far, probably an apology, however, I'd expect the club to put a suspension on the player for numerous weeks next season.

Its dumb, very dumb but has probably happened for years. Some of the stories you hear about mad Mondays at any footy club in Australia are amazing. I suppose AFL footballers are no different. The mistake they made is doing it to an invited guest that they didnt even know. If you want to see madness go to the local pubs over the next few mondays.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:markinUSA, you are obviously very passionate about all of this and I'm not going to argue the disability angle with you.

However where you are rubbing people up the wrong way is with your faux outrage at an incident, the facts of which at this stage remain largely unknown.

Yes, it appears that a Dwarf was set on fire, or at least some of his clothes were. But more correctly it appears that several people had their clothes set on fire, one of which was a dwarf. Unless something emerges that proves otherwise, it appears that the entertainer's height had nothing to do with he incident.

At the moment it is simply a case of an imelecile(s) acting foolishly, immaturely and perhaps criminally whilst in possession of a dangerous item.

If you have any proof that this is a deliberate and hateful attack on disabled people then please share. If not then I respectfully suggest your cease with that angle lest you wish for others to continue to ridicule you.

Bang. There is the case your honour. Talk about a kangaroo court!! Well said Doc.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

markinUSA wins TOOL of the week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius