Just back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Just back

Ok, so it's quite dangerous to post when the game is still so raw. The negatives are obvious for all so lets not dwell on them. But I want to be positive. You can see the improvement in Lee. Ran out of steam as they all did after a 6 day break from Perth. Roo was magnificent ( I'm on the positives here ) as a lesser man would have been subbed off 15 min into the first quarter. Gerry shows how much he has matured. Again a lesser man would have thrown in the towel after a major knock to the knee. Yapper, well it shows the mental strength of the individual. Well done. Jack I thought was fantastic after a pretty serious corky to the arse. Scotty, well a lot of you would know I'm biased but I thought his coaching was first class. You can't coach when players turn the ball over, or when your lead up forward is severely hampered or when your midfield is under strength and beem given 2 days less time to prepare. They never threw in the towel and it was only in the last 10 min you knew the game was shot. Be positive Saintsationalists by the end of 2014 you will see the light. And put all your hard earned on a victory next week. Fortius Quo Fidelius

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just back

Fair points.

But as for pre season training they may as well go to Disneyland rather than Colorado. At least they'd have some fun on their rides. I'm trying to be positive.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saintspremiers wrote:Fair points.

But as for pre season training they may as well go to Disneyland rather than Colorado. At least they'd have some fun on their rides. I'm trying to be positive.
+1
High altitude training sucks. The benefits are hardly measurable, & have been proven to be very short lived anyway. Can't believe that professionals believe this snake oil stuff.
It's supposed to help with oxygen absorption but it doesn't do jack.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The fact that they are continually giving their all and are "in the game" for at least 3 quarters, shows something positive. We will improve a bit more next year. My worry is that there are no key position replacements for Rooey and Sam Fisher coming through.

I would hate for the team to be in Melbourne's position - simply no hope from the start of every game.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:The fact that they are continually giving their all and are "in the game" for at least 3 quarters, shows something positive. We will improve a bit more next year. My worry is that there are no key position replacements for Rooey and Sam Fisher coming through.

I would hate for the team to be in Melbourne's position - simply no hope from the start of every game.
Just wait till next year..

oh when the
Club Player

melb has 12 flags to hang out.

with afl help they might get their next one before us.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

blimey that replay of gears knee knock was not f****** pretty
i thought he was seriously gone

any gossip on how he has pulled up tony
maybe let us in after training monday
cheers