Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Milera

Terry had a very good unselfish game tonight. Heaps of times he put his body and head over the ball. It was his best game for us apart from the one kick straight to a dees player. Those clash strips were s*** the dees looked like us across the field -white panel front with red and two dark navy side strips so they looked like us front on.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milera

Smart, top skills

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

big pass for terry tonight for me watched him a lot off the contest and he seemed to be thinking about where to be.. liked his effort and he laid a few good tackles.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He had some bravery even late he used his head to stop the Dees kicking forward along the ground. Stood in front of bigger guys who ran through him and didn't shirk one tackle. Lovely skills are a bonus. He was so ready to share though, I thought they would lose the ball. He has something Winmar like about him when he's on.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

yep..we had some good improvements tonight against a really good opposition...so a really good time to highlight some of our blokes who battle to make the ones.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:yep..we had some good improvements tonight against a really good opposition...so a really good time to highlight some of our blokes who battle to make the ones.

I don't care we had good games from our youth and should pump them up for it. Doesn't get much credit and looks a confidence player.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:yep..we had some good improvements tonight against a really good opposition...so a really good time to highlight some of our blokes who battle to make the ones.

I don't care we had good games from our youth and should pump them up for it. Doesn't get much credit and looks a confidence player.
Yep let's pump them up....or be objective about their abilities ....I'll take the latter.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
gringo wrote:

Yep let's pump them up....or be objective about their abilities ....I'll take the latter.

Likewise. Lets face it Kosi kicked 2 goals and could've had 3. Says it all.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
gringo wrote:

What did you see you didn't like? He was clean except for one kick, picked up the ball at pace, ran and carried the ball, set up goals, linked with run. It was a great game re watch it when it gets replayed. He's played about 15 to 20 games of AFL what do you expect him to be? Judd? He has always been highly skilled but some knocked his effort in tackling and his unwillingness to take a hit. He did both tonight and still used his skills.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Good effort from Milera, he is too good for VFL level, hope he goes on with it from here...

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

[
Last edited by The Fireman on Sat 22 Jun 2013 11:00pm, edited 2 times in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Likewise. Lets face it Kosi kicked 2 goals and could've had 3. Says it all.
Wouldn't have played if Wilkes was available.

Get Kosi to 200 games, quickly...then.

Can someone tell Kosi you need to get in front of your man to have a chance to mark the ball.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
gringo wrote:

What did you see you didn't like? He was clean except for one kick, picked up the ball at pace, ran and carried the ball, set up goals, linked with run. It was a great game re watch it when it gets replayed. He's played about 15 to 20 games of AFL what do you expect him to be? Judd? He has always been highly skilled but some knocked his effort in tackling and his unwillingness to take a hit. He did both tonight and still used his skills.

What did you not understand about the point I was trying to make?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Lifted his effort tonight - not just when he was in the contest. The penny might have dropped that he needs to lift his game at this level.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ordinary footballer. Wont help the side improve. If he plays who cares and if he doesnt who cares. We need the young guys to come one. He isnt one of them.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Ordinary footballer. Wont help the side improve. If he plays who cares and if he doesnt who cares. We need the young guys to come one. He isnt one of them.
harsh........give him more time. Does show some stuff but annoys me when fans jump on him when the job is easy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Ordinary footballer. Wont help the side improve. If he plays who cares and if he doesnt who cares. We need the young guys to come one. He isnt one of them.
harsh........give him more time. Does show some stuff but annoys me when fans jump on him when the job is easy.
He is 26 years old next year. He is no better than last year and cant run through the middle. Wish I had been as good. Still is only an ordinary footballer. Wright is going to be a star. Milera isnt.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Let's see what he can do against Richmond and Freo, if he gets a game.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
He is 26 years old next year. He is no better than last year and cant run through the middle. Wish I had been as good. Still is only an ordinary footballer. Wright is going to be a star. Milera isnt.

Wright will be a star but I think Terry could be too. He has the tools just needs to back up over and over doing the stuff he did tonight. His pace and touch are elite just needs the belief and drive and he could be anything.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Wright will be a star but I think Terry could be too. He has the tools just needs to back up over and over doing the stuff he did tonight. His pace and touch are elite just needs the belief and drive and he could be anything.
Timid Terry is not part of our future. I reckon he goes out as soon as Milne comes back, or sooner still if Saad kicks a bag for Sandy tomorrow.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

very harsh P66 with time think Terry and TDL could be something... they don't all start as stars champ... Sam Fisher if i recall took some time to get to his current level.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:He is 26 years old next year.
Which means half of the guys drafted after this year will have been delisted before he turns 30. He's not too old to contibute and he's inexperienced enough that you could expect some improvement. He probably played his best game today. Give him a chance to back it up against reasonable opposition before putting on your Captain Buzzkill hat.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:
Timid Terry is not part of our future. I reckon he goes out as soon as Milne comes back, or sooner still if Saad kicks a bag for Sandy tomorrow.
i don't think we missed Saad tonight... Milne missed him.... i would place Saad in the Terry TDL goup. Terry has more silk over Saad.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lucky no one took a chance on J pod because old guys can't be any good.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

gringo wrote:Lucky no one took a chance on J pod because old guys can't be any good.
point!

Fortius Quo Fidelius