Melbourne bailout…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne bailout…

So after the AFL fined Melbourne $500,000 for "not tanking", they will now be giving it back to them… so they can payout their latest epic failure in Mark Neeld.

Meanwhile, the dogs, roos & us have been slugging it out doing everything right financially & structurally to become viable on & off the field.

Makes me wonder why we bother, might as well become a complete rabble and just wait for money & picks to be donated. How's it going to feel if Melbourne rise to a top 4 or flag in a few years? Pretty ordinary for the other battlers I reckon…

Discuss… (or moan like me)

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Melbourne bailout…

I hear you but it's an unfair world.

The only solace I can think of is at least we are competitive and have a bit of dignity. I think most people think that as well. Reputation is everything.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Give em nothing,why reward a club for completely f****** up,when others have worked their arse off for little reward

How many more draft picks ,how much more $ DO THEY NEED ?

kimberly saint
Club Player

i see they have asked for extra/compo draft picks or sumthing like this in coming draft , this makes me more mad

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Opposition and other sports.
not here.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

As they have been badly run , the entire board should go !
If this and only this happens then the afl should give them either money or a draft pick but not both !

In red white and black from 73
gringo
Saintsational Legend

There is no self management for the Dees they put a hand out but each handful they receive a little more is owned by the AFL. They will make them administer and pay out dollars the way they approve them. We are on the right development path. If the Dees win a premiership it will need more than Dank on their side. No matter how many picks they get nothing will eventuate.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

What with clubs activating their compo pics and Melbourne wanting pics to alleviate their gross incompetence,
how could anyone be sure , at seasons end, what draft pic position they will get ? :roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Trixilver
Club Player

If we were in Melbourne's position right now and had been for the past decade instead of our own, would we still exist?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne haven't been down for a decade, they were still finishing higher than us in 2006. Six and a half years, before that they were regular finalists. Joke that they may get extra picks. Hope they don't.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lets NOT forget that some of the AFL money will be used to pay Chris Connolly out. Remember him, he is the one that is suspended until February next year over the non/tanking fiasco. One of the last "jobs" Cameron Schwabb did before he got the flick was to give his mate Connolly a new 3 year contract worth about $300,000pa !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Melbourne haven't been down for a decade, they were still finishing higher than us in 2006. Six and a half years, before that they were regular finalists. Joke that they may get extra picks. Hope they don't.
This is where it relates to us… In 2006 we sacked our coach after they beat us in a final…

They asked their coach to lose on purpose, then sacked him and wiped their hands…

Why are no past club greats interested in being part of the club? If no-one cares, they may as well fold or re-locate. Giving them money & picks rewards absolute failure and cheating.

Just feels like a slap in the face to all of the people that have worked tirelessly at StKilda, WBD & North to hold their clubs together… Or even Richmond who have only played finals a couple of times in 30 years…

Will we be granted a similar level of support if we ever struggle like Melbourne are currently?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Lets NOT forget that some of the AFL money will be used to pay Chris Connolly out. Remember him, he is the one that is suspended until February next year over the non/tanking fiasco. One of the last "jobs" Cameron Schwabb did before he got the flick was to give his mate Connolly a new 3 year contract worth about $300,000pa !!
Oh FFS, they deserve nothing… merge them with GWS…

Greater Western Sydney Demons.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Where is the rescue plan for us?

Last I heard we weren't that strong financially and our results on field this season speak for themselves.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Guys don't forget that if Essendon cop a $2M fine, the AFL can conveniently pass this money onto the Dees keeping the balance sheet clean.

So drug cheats pay off tanking cheat it seems.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

2 million bucks… This is just wrong, they should be made to honour the ridiculous contracts they wrote, keep Neeld and the board for another 18 months. I don't remember the AFL paying out Watson or Blight for us?

''It hurts Hawthorn when Melbourne play them in a Hawthorn home game and the attendance is estimated at 15,000 or 20,000 people … that's a $200,000 impact to Hawthorn.''

I really feel for the Hawthorn FC and their 62,000 members...

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... z2WWFp1fzI

sippo
Club Player

AFL is really a reality tv show. New rules all the time, and basically "anything" to keep the punters interested. Failed club?, nahhh not really BIG BROTHER will give you some money so you can keep playing the game. No one gets evicted in this reality TV show. bent fixtures, bent salary caps ( for some).

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:I hear you but it's an unfair world.

The only solace I can think of is at least we are competitive and have a bit of dignity. I think most people think that as well. Reputation is everything.
+ 1 (well said)

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

sippo wrote:AFL is really a reality tv show. New rules all the time, and basically "anything" to keep the punters interested. Failed club?, nahhh not really BIG BROTHER will give you some money so you can keep playing the game. No one gets evicted in this reality TV show. bent fixtures, bent salary caps ( for some).
Bent umps who understand entertainment. Buddy gets tackled and spun around twice but no free, then he kicks the ball. Anyone else gets pinged. Harry O can't mark the ball in front of our goal, gets a free as Armo runs onto it. Perfect theatre- Saints oh so close but victory denied.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:2 million bucks… This is just wrong, they should be made to honour the ridiculous contracts they wrote, keep Neeld and the board for another 18 months. I don't remember the AFL paying out Watson or Blight for us?

''It hurts Hawthorn when Melbourne play them in a Hawthorn home game and the attendance is estimated at 15,000 or 20,000 people … that's a $200,000 impact to Hawthorn.''

I really feel for the Hawthorn FC and their 62,000 members...

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... z2WWFp1fzI
Honestly faark The Hawks.

We have a HOME GAME at the MCG at friggin TWILIGHT IN WINTER!!!

How many Saints fans, let alone Dees will turn up?

But it's good for TV which is número UNO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:But it's good for TV which is número UNO.
You do know how much the TV rights are worth?

However it is a moot point because who, apart from Saints and Melbourne fans will watch the game on TV?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spert
Saintsational Legend

A simple thrashing of Melbourne this week is all we require, and if we do get beaten then I can't see much point in holding onto Watters.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:A simple thrashing of Melbourne this week is all we require, and if we do get beaten then I can't see much point in holding onto Watters.
Huh???

This is surely a pisstake.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spert
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
spert wrote:A simple thrashing of Melbourne this week is all we require, and if we do get beaten then I can't see much point in holding onto Watters.
Huh???

No it's bloody well not

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Huh???

No it's bloody well not
Well you belong with the Melbourne rabble. Sacking a coach in the midst of rebuilding a neglected list.

yeah real cluey.

We could get Roos, Thompson, Malthouse, Williams, Sheedy, and Clarkson as a coaching group and this list would do no better.

Sack the coach. Yup that will fix it. :roll:

Lance or James??