Where is plugger66 and stbryon ?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Where is plugger66 and stbryon ?????

We are these two? Surely after this weekend of fine umpiring they would be on here sing teh praises of the umpires yet they are no where to be seen.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where is plugger66 and stbryon ?????

disappeared during the game thread curly i think his head exploded trying to justify the free kicks

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Could just see his face thinking well Im f***ed here thanks for f*** all my umpiring brothers.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i wouldn't be comparing the two.......plugga...aka albert is a pest...a fool......st byron is an okay sort of guy...imhfo that is........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

I am sure Plugger will be back sprouting something along the lines of, I knew this site would blame the umpires so me being the great human being that I am, elected to stay away until all the paranoia and chips on shoulders were gone, or something like that.

I dont know either of them, they are just characters on this site, who I find really funny, and yet mildly strange and self indulgent. Well plugger anyway not st byron. He isnt a pest, he is too predictable to be a pest.

SunburySaint
Club Player

Gee this is now 2 threads on P66 and his whereabouts in the last month or so..... I think we need to change the name of this site to something like P66.net?

This site is just not the same without him...

Now lives in Geelong...
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Been watching the slaughterfest on the umps with some amusement. Looks like the umpires farked up and the last quarter decisions played a part in the outcome.
I notice though that the conspiracy theories and anti-umpire ranting has reached it's zenith straight after a nail biting loss after we led all day.
Wonder if there would have been the angst had we won by four points.

Didn't see the game so can't comment from seeing the actual decisions. But..... I did have a conversation with my brother who goes to every Saints game in Melbourne.
Asked him about the umpiring and he said one of the last WCE frees for a goal was there, the other two he didn't see but they looked soft. He also said that Saad got ridden into the ground and it was a clear in the back in our goal square. So looks like they farked up.

But......my brother also said that we plenty of chances to put them away - which is what good sides do - and we didn't.
Riewoldt, Montagna, Stanley all missed very gettable opportunities that would have put WCE away - but they didn't. Maister missed a tougher one. Haven't seen anyone going on about our own responsibility for the loss. Only finger pointing, blaming and conspiracy theories which are much more fun and it means you don't have to suck it up that we weren't good enough.

I agree that the rules have been twisted and bent and change far too often making the game much harder to umpire. It's all to make it more 'attractive'. I agree that umpires make mistakes every game and sometimes it can influence the outcome. I don't agree that St.Kilda are the victims of some sort of AFL directed conspiracy or favouritism.
I also agree that we're not a very good side at the moment and that there's an inverse relationship between the ladder position and amount of anti-umpiring bleating that goes on, which this week has reached a fine crescendo.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

There's no doubt that the umpiring in the last quarter was appalling, and that we were on the wrong end of many of the decisions. Roberton wacked Priddis in the face, unintentionally, but it was a free kick every day of the week. Not sure why that free is even being brought up or why anyone would be complaining about it.

Darling took a clear contested mark virtually straight in front of the goals. Was a mark every day of the week. We DEFINITELY got away with one there.

I like the philosophy of what the umpires are trying to do - that is stop the soft frees and keep the game moving. I thought as a spectacle it was far better and more exciting to watch. The reality is that the umpys simply umpired poorly, particularly in the last quarter. No conspiracy theories, that's just all it was.

How a grown man (I assume Curly is an adult) can make a thread each week whining about umpires actually says a fair bit about him. How so many on this site have supported him with this crap indicates a fair bit of the StKilda supporter psych I reckon. We, as a club, have been unsuccessful because of poor admin, poor recruiting, and a bit of bad luck - the AFL and anyone else out there are NOT out to get us. We sound like whiny little cry babies after every loss blaming the umpires.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:There's no doubt that the umpiring in the last quarter was appalling, and that we were on the wrong end of many of the decisions. Roberton wacked Priddis in the face, unintentionally, but it was a free kick every day of the week. Not sure why that free is even being brought up or why anyone would be complaining about it.

Darling took a clear contested mark virtually straight in front of the goals. Was a mark every day of the week. We DEFINITELY got away with one there.

I like the philosophy of what the umpires are trying to do - that is stop the soft frees and keep the game moving. I thought as a spectacle it was far better and more exciting to watch. The reality is that the umpys simply umpired poorly, particularly in the last quarter. No conspiracy theories, that's just all it was.

How a grown man (I assume Curly is an adult) can make a thread each week whining about umpires actually says a fair bit about him. How so many on this site have supported him with this crap indicates a fair bit of the StKilda supporter psych I reckon. We, as a club, have been unsuccessful because of poor admin, poor recruiting, and a bit of bad luck - the AFL and anyone else out there are NOT out to get us. We sound like whiny little cry babies after every loss blaming the umpires.
+1. Yep, this.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Moods,
I think most comments over the course of the season have been complaints about the ones we're not getting rather than the ones that are being paid against us.

If I recall correctly, only the Richmond and West Coast games have been highlighted as ones where the opposition received unwarranted frees for goals.

From Sunday, I have no issue with the Cox and first Priddis free. What I do have issues with are the second Priddis free, the free against Saad and the ball up in our goal square.
There is no doubt that we should have iced the game prior to that but Joey's miss should have meant the difference between a 10 point win and a 16 point win...Not a win and a loss.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Being an umpire and all, Plugger has done the smart thing and made himself scarce. He hasn't had the time to be on here anyway, what with the crisis meetings with Geisch.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:There's no doubt that the umpiring in the last quarter was appalling, and that we were on the wrong end of many of the decisions. Roberton wacked Priddis in the face, unintentionally, but it was a free kick every day of the week. Not sure why that free is even being brought up or why anyone would be complaining about it.

Yeah they did take the view to stop the soft frees until a massive change of heart in the last West Coasts way.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The highest respect you can show someone on here would be to start a thread on them and then talk about them incessantly when they go missing.

Is this obvious insight lost on some posters?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I usually don't get into the whole "the umpire robbed us debate" and I'm not about to start however Curly surely you understand that you are just a play-thing for P66 and he is like a junk yard dog in a butcher shop when it comes to your incessant posts on one of his favourite topics. Like a finger in the backside...slightly amusing...you know the rest.

Anyway please don't take offence, it's just my observation.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I usually don't get into the whole "the umpire robbed us debate" and I'm not about to start however Curly surely you understand that you are just a play-thing for P66 and he is like a junk yard dog in a butcher shop when it comes to your incessant posts on one of his favourite topics. Like a finger in the backside...slightly amusing...you know the rest.

Anyway please don't take offence, it's just my observation.

Why do you think I start these threads?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Why do you think I start these threads?
Because you insist on seeing our games with a persecution mentality. One track record played over and over and over.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Because you insist on seeing our games with a persecution mentality. One track record played over and over and over.

Unfortunatley I know the rules it happens when you have played. You should try it.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger has a new job at SEN. He is on the switchboard screening all Kevin Bartlett's calls !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Moods,
I think most comments over the course of the season have been complaints about the ones we're not getting rather than the ones that are being paid against us.

If I recall correctly, only the Richmond and West Coast games have been highlighted as ones where the opposition received unwarranted frees for goals.

From Sunday, I have no issue with the Cox and first Priddis free. What I do have issues with are the second Priddis free, the free against Saad and the ball up in our goal square.
There is no doubt that we should have iced the game prior to that but Joey's miss should have meant the difference between a 10 point win and a 16 point win...Not a win and a loss.

I would add the Gold Coast game to the other ones. The frees paid in that last qtr led directly to us losing, in my book. They gave the Suns a sniff and took off.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Is he in Patpong? Seem to remember a Thailand trip planned… hopefully can find time to drop into some internet cafe's there…

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Unfortunatley I know the rules it happens when you have played. You should try it.

Quality reply Curly. Thanks for straightening me out. Here is was thinking 23 years playing and 5 years umpiring qualified me to comment. Glad you cleared that up for me.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I reckon a good % of male posters on here have played the game Curly. Most of us that are in our 40's have probably played for a good 10 years+ and watched footy for 30 years+. No need to be patronising. I could argue that because you live in the Yarra Valley, the standard of footy up there is piss poor, therefore your opinion holds less weight, as most hill billys could get a kick up there. I wouldn't be so patronising though.....

Most agree the last quarter was poorly umpired. But you're like the boy who cried wolf. Every week there's a thread about it, so when it's a genuine beef with the umpy's I fail to see how anyone can take you seriously.

The other thing is that because a few bad decisions went against us in the last 1/4. Ppl are now screaming about EVERY decision that went against us.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Been watching the slaughterfest on the umps with some amusement. Looks like the umpires farked up and the last quarter decisions played a part in the outcome.
I notice though that the conspiracy theories and anti-umpire ranting has reached it's zenith straight after a nail biting loss after we led all day.
Wonder if there would have been the angst had we won by four points.

Didn't see the game so can't comment from seeing the actual decisions. But..... I did have a conversation with my brother who goes to every Saints game in Melbourne.
Asked him about the umpiring and he said one of the last WCE frees for a goal was there, the other two he didn't see but they looked soft. He also said that Saad got ridden into the ground and it was a clear in the back in our goal square. So looks like they farked up.

But......my brother also said that we plenty of chances to put them away - which is what good sides do - and we didn't.
Riewoldt, Montagna, Stanley all missed very gettable opportunities that would have put WCE away - but they didn't. Maister missed a tougher one. Haven't seen anyone going on about our own responsibility for the loss. Only finger pointing, blaming and conspiracy theories which are much more fun and it means you don't have to suck it up that we weren't good enough.

I agree that the rules have been twisted and bent and change far too often making the game much harder to umpire. It's all to make it more 'attractive'. I agree that umpires make mistakes every game and sometimes it can influence the outcome. I don't agree that St.Kilda are the victims of some sort of AFL directed conspiracy or favouritism.
I also agree that we're not a very good side at the moment and that there's an inverse relationship between the ladder position and amount of anti-umpiring bleating that goes on, which this week has reached a fine crescendo.

care to try and explain these figures then st b......of course you won't....

Al Paton
June 10, 2013 9:27AM

Il

If you don't mind umpire
Eagles? dream umpire run
Eagles sneak home after Saints...

If you don't mind umpire

This week we take a look at the controversial decisions that impacted the last quarter of West Coast's clash with St. Kilda.
Play

WELCOME to a special edition of our weekly umpiring assessment, If You Don't Mind, Umpire.

Today we turn the spotlight on the Eagles and their extraordinary run with the umps.
North Melbourne fans don't need reminding after West Coast pinched victory against the Roos in Round 8 with the help of a couple of questionable late frees, and yesterday the Saints were on the receiving end.

Are the Eagles playing smart, are they just lucky or is something else going on?

And we don't miss the other big rule controversies of the season which raised their heads again on the weekend - the video goal review and the new sliding rule.

Have your say on these decisions and let us know any we missed by leaving a comment below or sending a note on Twitter or Facebook .

EAGLES, UMPS ON A ROLL

The steam coming out of Etihad Stadium about 7.30pm last night was from about 20,000 fuming St Kilda fans who felt they copped a raw deal in the four-point loss to West Coast. The numbers seem to back them up - the Eagles won the free kick count 22-14 for the game, including a 6-1 run in the final term. And three of those late West Coast frees resulted in goals.

Dean Cox got things started when he converted after umpires ruled he was held by Rhys Stanley in a boundary throw-in wrestle just 30sec into the term, and with 11min left Matt Priddis made the most of another chance after copping a smack on the nose from Dylan Roberton that might have been missed most weeks. The call that really got the fans out of their seats came less than a minute later when Priddis tried to fend off Sean Dempster then dropped the ball as he fell to the turf. The umpire paid a push in the back which seemed tough on the Saints defender, who dragged Priddis down but landed beside him in the forward pocket. The result - another Eagles goal.

Stephen Milne

The last straw was when Ahmed Saad was pinged for holding the ball with just 22sec left in the game after he appeared to be collected high in a tackle as St Kilda made one last roll of the dice to snatch back the lead.

Umpires

Most frustrating was that the relaxing of free kick numbers evident in recent weeks was apparently abandoned for one match - the 36 frees at Etihad Stadium was clearly the most of any match for the round and more than double the number paid in the Carlton v Essendon clash on Friday night.

And when it comes to fans' free kick anger, the Eagles are repeat offenders.

The Eagles have won 214 more free kicks than their direct opponents since the start of 2011. The next best is Port Adelaide with a +112 differential. Who is ranked last? The Saints at -83.

In that time Dean Cox has won the equal most frees in the comp (141) with Geelong captain Joel Selwood. Luke Shuey and Matt Priddis are also in the top 10 for frees for.

This season the Eagles have won the third-most frees but rank second in differential, winning 230 frees in 11 rounds and giving away 184 for a +46 result. Here's the full list (Saints fans may want to look away now).

FREE KICK DIFFERENTIAL 2013
+56 North Melbourne
+46 West Coast
+27 Geelong
+19 Essendon
+7 Melbourne
+1 Gold Coast
Even Adelaide
Even Collingwood
-1 Western Bulldogs
-6 Port Adelaide
-6 Brisbane Lions
-7 Sydney
-8 Fremantle
-12 Hawthorn
-13 Richmond
-23 GWS
-23 Carlton
-47 St Kilda

FREE KICK DIFFERENTIAL 2011-2013

+214 West Coast
+112 Port Adelaide
+49 North Melbourne
+37 Collingwood
+ 37 Fremantle
+15 GWS Giants
-5 Carlton
-8 Western Bulldogs
-10 Essendon
-17 Sydney
-31 Geelong
-32 Gold Coast
-36 Richmond
-39 Adelaide Crows
-46 Hawthorn
-76 Melbourne
-81 Brisbane Lions
-83 St Kilda

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I reckon a good % of male posters on here have played the game Curly. Most of us that are in our 40's have probably played for a good 10 years+ and watched footy for 30 years+. No need to be patronising. I could argue that because you live in the Yarra Valley, the standard of footy up there is piss poor, therefore your opinion holds less weight, as most hill billys could get a kick up there. I wouldn't be so patronising though.....

Most agree the last quarter was poorly umpired. But you're like the boy who cried wolf. Every week there's a thread about it, so when it's a genuine beef with the umpy's I fail to see how anyone can take you seriously.

The other thing is that because a few bad decisions went against us in the last 1/4. Ppl are now screaming about EVERY decision that went against us.

There where bad decisions all game when did it come about that it was only the last quarter?

Nice call about YVMDFL football though. :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:wink:
SaintPav wrote:The highest respect you can show someone on here would be to start a thread on them and then talk about them incessantly when they go missing.

Is this obvious insight lost on some posters?

ain't that the truth.......i was overseas recently and the usual jerk-offs from the general forum tried to have a field day starting a thread( plugga i'm told) ...presumably hoping i'd dropped dead, been hit by a car or that the mods had finally caught up with me..........nah....none of the above....sunning myself in georgetown grand cayman..on my not so ill gotten gains........but you are spot on....respect...eh????.. :wink: but your insight is lost of those dopes...... :wink: :wink: :wink: