Who's our Jack Darling?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Who's our Jack Darling?

50ish games in and a certified gun

Anyone care to take a guess at who our next player to do this will be....cos we need (at least) one badly.

...and by gun I don't mean "serviceable payer who averages 16 touches a game"

Would be the diff between three and six years in the wilderness IMO.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who's our Jack Darling?

Markworth

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Steven.
Wright.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Wright.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Trent
Dennis
Lane

Know what I'm sayn'?

Spencer White seems to have the tools, whether he has the attitude & application remains to be seen. Our next Datling might come in the next draft or 2...

stevie
Saintsational Legend

We don't need a cheating staging prick in our team

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I'm afraid we have more of a darling Jack than a Jack Darling.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee needs to man up and get his butt in the gym and become a genuine AFL key fwd.

Otherwise send him back to the WAFL in 2015.

southernsaint
Club Player

Rhys Stanley - 31 games

Jack Newnes - 16 games

Nathan Wright - 6 games

Seb Ross - 8 games

Jimmy Webster- 5 games

Arryn Siposs - 23 games

Daniel Markworth yet to debut

Take your pick, i think we have a few coming through

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

southernsaint wrote:Rhys Stanley - 31 games

Jack Newnes - 16 games

Nathan Wright - 6 games

Seb Ross - 8 games

Jimmy Webster- 5 games

Arryn Siposs - 23 games

I like that group however we need to double that and then some if we want to return to Finals and have a team capable of winning them.

Nice start however we need more.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

saint66au wrote:50ish games in and a certified gun

Anyone care to take a guess at who our next player to do this will be....cos we need (at least) one badly.

...and by gun I don't mean "serviceable payer who averages 16 touches a game"

Would be the diff between three and six years in the wilderness IMO.
I don't think JD is a gun... great actor yes... gun no way.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Forget Jack Darling... He's an ok footballer, who is not going to get a hell of a lot better... Coming into AFL with a man's body can bridge the gap early, but improvement may not come... Seen many players better at 19 than they are at 24...

We need to find our Jeremy Cameron... Now he is a real superstar in the making, and has the tools to literally be anything... He'd almost be the first player I would take if I had the pick of the comp, given our age profile and needs etc...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The "Internal" wraps on Tommy Lee are pretty high. Needs probably 2 more MASSIVE Summers in the gym. We're talking 3rd Tall Forward here, so it could come down to a shoot out between Tommy and Sippa !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Jamie Cripps. Oh wait a minute..........

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The "Internal" wraps on Tommy Lee are pretty high. Needs probably 2 more MASSIVE Summers in the gym. We're talking 3rd Tall Forward here, so it could come down to a shoot out between Tommy and Sippa !!
Were talking about a 1st or 2nd fwd here unless Roo plans to play on until 2020.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Eastern wrote:The "Internal" wraps on Tommy Lee are pretty high. Needs probably 2 more MASSIVE Summers in the gym. We're talking 3rd Tall Forward here, so it could come down to a shoot out between Tommy and Sippa !!
Were talking about a 1st or 2nd fwd here unless Roo plans to play on until 2020.
Nah, 3rd. Spencer White and Tom Boyd will be 1st and 2nd !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Last year was possibly the last chance we had with this group if we were any chance of challenging for top 4 (they still had that hunger and they still had BJ). It will be near on impossible for Roo to maintain his influence in 2014/15 and virtually impossible for the Saints to be a top 4 contender, let alone a finalist any time soon unless Roo takes a back seat. Yes - he won't be happy and yes he's our best option at CHF but when will Siposs and Lee get the opportunities??

Tom and Arryn need to take the mantle as our FF and CHF. Let's bite the bullet. Maister is not the future and Kos is gone at the end of this year so....I reckon we should play Roo up the ground either on the wing or try him at CHB for a while. It's been thrown up before and now it needs to be seriously considered. We are not going to improve unless Lee and Siposs get opportunities as the main go to forwards.

It's what happened with Matty Lloyd when he was asked to go up the ground, and yes Lloyd retired early when he knew that he wasn't going to be the main man at FF, but in the end it didn't change the fact that he was a champion of the game and a legend at his footy club. All it did was speed up the development of their other talls.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We had our chance with Darling

Yeah, don't rate Darling..... 50odd goals last year, heading for that or better this year.... Which of our 3rd fwds have done that...

On stats his output is heaps better than Hamill's and he's 20yo!!! His output makes Siposs stats look pretty average and we are in love with him.... He is WC version of Siposs but fitter, stronger and harder

Last night he held his own against a gun AA defender...

Good player no question.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:We had our chance with Darling

Yeah, don't rate Darling..... 50odd goals last year, heading for that or better this year.... Which of our 3rd fwds have done that...

On stats his output is heaps better than Hamill's and he's 20yo!!! His output makes Siposs stats look pretty average and we are in love with him.... He is WC version of Siposs but fitter, stronger and harder

Last night he held his own against a gun AA defender...

Good player no question.....

So you dont bother to answer the question, just continue your love affair with Darling?

Why dont you answer the OP if you are going to post on the thread??????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
lloyd21
Club Player

White Stanley Markworth Siposs Riewoldt Murdoch with Saad reads a nice forward group going forward.

1433davids
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:
southernsaint wrote:Rhys Stanley - 31 games

Jack Newnes - 16 games

Nathan Wright - 6 games

Seb Ross - 8 games

Jimmy Webster- 5 games

Arryn Siposs - 23 games

I like that group however we need to double that and then some if we want to return to Finals and have a team capable of winning them.

Nice start however we need more.
big boy mcevoy is only 24 he will be a gun by 27 stanley will be a gun even better if devaloped as a forward roberton will be a gun and so will the young guy that played full back all last year for us if injury permits his name escapes me at the moment, jack steven will be a gun but I do not have an opinion about the others have not seen enough of them

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We don't have a 'Jack Darling' Joffa.... Not even close...

Perhaps Cripps...haha...

But thanks for telling me what to do?

I was just replying to some silly posts who consider Jack average.... We have a 20yo at his level we'd be going silly... Then to play him down, is ridiculous really...

I think he may have played every game since he was drafted... 57 games, 100 goals, 12ppg, 3.5tpg... Serious members for a fellow in his third year

BTW
Is it ok for you post in the thread in revenue to another poster... Your post directed to me had nothing to do with answering the op?!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

1433davids wrote: big boy mcevoy is only 24 he will be a gun by 27 stanley will be a gun even better if devaloped as a forward roberton will be a gun and so will the young guy that played full back all last year for us if injury permits his name escapes me at the moment, jack steven will be a gun but I do not have an opinion about the others have not seen enough of them
Stanley=Yes. Assume you mean Tom Simpkin when you say 'played full back'. He was very good last year but might struggle on the monster forwards.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We have a several players...ie like Stanley (22)that need to have "arrived" by during next season in terms of being able to play good consistent football..
Siposs (20) has the tools, but needs to be able to deliver more.

So they need to get a wriggle on, as this stepping up will determine if we can at least become a competitive team again in the near term.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Darling was a top draft prospect who went late only because of off field issues. Not so surprised he is coming good tbh