More like a 5 day break

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Craw
Club Player

More like a 5 day break

Realistically, that was more a 5 day break than a six day break between last Mondays game and Sundays game, could almost say it was a 4 day break at a stretch.

The team look tired after half time and given Adelaide had a training run the week before; it was always going to be a big ask.

I can understand that there will be 6 day breaks due fixturing and specific game requests but I cannot understand the logic to send a team interstate on the end of a 6 break. All it does is give another disadvantage.

Not Craw, CRAW!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: More like a 5 day break

Last year they sent us to Perth so clearly there is an agenda by the AFL. Considering that this and last season Carlton have played an interstate club at Ethiad after the Monday game.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

The Craw wrote:Realistically, that was more a 5 day break than a six day break between last Mondays game and Sundays game, could almost say it was a 4 day break at a stretch.

The team look tired after half time and given Adelaide had a training run the week before; it was always going to be a big ask.

I can understand that there will be 6 day breaks due fixturing and specific game requests but I cannot understand the logic to send a team interstate on the end of a 6 break. All it does is give another disadvantage.

Agreed, and it shouldn't be overlooked how easy Adelaide had it last week. Be int4resting to see what the TOG stats were for their mids - they ran all over us in the second half and we didn't have the legs to go with them.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We had 2 six day breaks after last season and we came from WA and played in melbourne on the second of those. Obviously had a huge effect. We beat the premiers by 6 goals.

Greg T
Club Player

Lot of comments about this,being run over etc.
It's been happening all year,we haven't been playin 4 quarters.
Maybe training schedule isnt right .
I don't think the boys are fully fit.
Have we changed our conditioning staff ?

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We had 2 six day breaks after last season and we came from WA and played in melbourne on the second of those. Obviously had a huge effect. We beat the premiers by 6 goals.
Hey Einstein, has it occurred to you that returning home after a 6 day break is better than having to fly somewhere?

Also we have had 4 of our 8 games interstate/overseas. That's not a good look for a team of kids.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

We had a 180 day break before the Gold Coast game.......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We had 2 six day breaks after last season and we came from WA and played in melbourne on the second of those. Obviously had a huge effect. We beat the premiers by 6 goals.
Hey Einstein, has it occurred to you that returning home after a 6 day break is better than having to fly somewhere?

Also we have had 4 of our 8 games interstate/overseas. That's not a good look for a team of kids.

Sorry I thought this was about this weeks game not yesterday. I must read the thread again.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Last year they sent us to Perth so clearly there is an agenda by the AFL. Considering that this and last season Carlton have played an interstate club at Ethiad after the Monday game.

You should start your own private detective agency. You're all over the underlying conspiracies rampant and unchecked in the AFL and would no doubt be able to expose many other secret agendas other organisations have running.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well we should have about 4 changes to freshen up the list.

Hopefully Wright will be one of the.

Lots of Sandi players to choose from.

Season is shot...so lets rotate all the likely kids and fringe players through the 22 for the rest of the year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm having a full season break....feel fantastic already.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:Realistically, that was more a 5 day break than a six day break between last Mondays game and Sundays game, could almost say it was a 4 day break at a stretch.

I'm pretty sure it was a six day break.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Trixilver
Club Player

We played a Sunday twilight game and people are complaining about the length of the break? Of all the things to complain about...

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Is it me, or have we been on the short break end of nearly every game this year...?

Nee!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:Last year they sent us to Perth so clearly there is an agenda by the AFL. Considering that this and last season Carlton have played an interstate club at Ethiad after the Monday game.

You should start your own private detective agency. You're all over the underlying conspiracies rampant and unchecked in the AFL and would no doubt be able to expose many other secret agendas other organisations have running.
So its just coincidence that it happens to us but not to Carlton? Seriously there are plenty of Victorian based side we could have played in Victoria. But two years in a row we have been sent interstate after the Monday night game.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Is it me, or have we been on the short break end of nearly every game this year...?
We have had a shorter break than most teams we have played, but a long break before both the Carlton and Collingwood matches.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
fugazi wrote:Is it me, or have we been on the short break end of nearly every game this year...?
We have had a shorter break than most teams we have played, but a long break before both the Carlton and Collingwood matches.
Collingwood had the same break just that they hadnt played in NZ the week prior.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: So its just coincidence that it happens to us but not to Carlton? Seriously there are plenty of Victorian based side we could have played in Victoria. But two years in a row we have been sent interstate after the Monday night game.
You seem to spend so much time looking for ways that the world/AFL/umpires are against us. Every week thread after thread about how persecuted we are......We're just not very good at the moment. A team in transition with a lot of inexperienced players, some ageing guns and not much in the middle. That's why we're 15th. Nothing to do with the umpiring or what the big bad AFL have done to us.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote:Lot of comments about this,being run over etc.
It's been happening all year,we haven't been playin 4 quarters.
Maybe training schedule isnt right .
I don't think the boys are fully fit.
Have we changed our conditioning staff ?
we have young guys in the team they dont have the 100 games of experianced running and copping hits , for guys in thier 2nd and 3rd years of footy they naturally will tire quicker ... conditioning staff have little to do with it its just the phase our team is in at the moment ... it will get worse the later in the season we go but the good thing is it will thn get better in the next season and the one after and the one after that

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote: So its just coincidence that it happens to us but not to Carlton? Seriously there are plenty of Victorian based side we could have played in Victoria. But two years in a row we have been sent interstate after the Monday night game.
You seem to spend so much time looking for ways that the world/AFL/umpires are against us. Every week thread after thread about how persecuted we are......We're just not very good at the moment. A team in transition with a lot of inexperienced players, some ageing guns and not much in the middle. That's why we're 15th. Nothing to do with the umpiring or what the big bad AFL have done to us.
Yeah sure maybe you are right and that's the main reason we lost against the Dogs

Maybe it's got nothing to do with one team getting 7 day turnarounds for the last 2 weeks to recover and another having two 6 day turnarounds

Maybe having a ten day break from May 3 to May 13th had nothing to do with the Saints beating Carlton too
Last edited by Scollop on Sun 26 May 2013 9:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Yeah sure maybe you are right and that's the main reason we lost against the Dogs

Maybe it's got nothing to do with one team getting 7 day turnarounds for the last 2 weeks to recover and another having two 6 day turnarounds

I now think you are both right.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You're quoting 3 people fool

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:You're quoting 3 people fool

You have a way with words for a simple error. I take no notice of Curly so it was the last 2 quotes.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Stop being so polite or I will have to stop being rude to you