I love them but they're gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

storm51

I love them but they're gone

I said during the pre-season that their disposal was appalling and was going to cost them, and so it is, basic skills are being mutilated.
Young guys are too soft, Millera and Saad both know how to kick a goal, but rarely get the ball and so easily brushed aside.
Two standouts Armitage and Geary, Armo has poise, he's tough and boy can he play.
The old guys are sad to watch, so slow, Milney, Del, Rooey, Joey even Lenny although he continues to bust his guts.
The coach is starting to worry me, there seems to be no game plan, the players appear to be lost at times.
I have always loved Rooeys enthusiasm and athleticism, but he is constantly turning the ball over, stop calling for it if you can't do something with it.
Hope Beau is back quick as he is a great target and a real trier, he's going to kick a few bags if they persevere with him.

Come on Saints show something for your supporters, there is only 4 rounds gone, have a go.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Re: I love them but they're gone

For me the standouts this year is Armo, Geary, Steven, Ben McEvoy and the surprise packet in Roberton.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:For me the standouts this year is Armo, Geary, Steven, Ben McEvoy and the surprise packet in Roberton.
Add Stanley and hopefully a couple of younger kids such as Siposs, Ross, Wright, Newnes and right there is our core group for the future. What we need to add is a couple of A grade franchise players over the next few years and then we've got something to work with. We should see a couple of top 5 picks who hopefully turn into those guns we need and a couple of free agents and a few surprise packets over that time and we should rebound sooner rather than later. It's not all doom and gloom but there will be some pain over the next 3-4 years such is the nature of the competition, unless you are Sydney....The AFL will always put more of an effort into keeping that market/team competitive.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think we as fans should chill out . Have a down year while still demanding players play with intensity and competitiveness and team rules. Persist and get game times in to kids. Then try for a big trade and also get a high draft pick at years end.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:For me the standouts this year is Armo, Geary, Steven, Ben McEvoy and the surprise packet in Roberton.
yeah..i'd go along with that......schneids part game (quarter) wasn't too horrible either

.....newnes and sipposs have been disappointing.....but they're young......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.