BJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

BJ

Still loves the Saints. That interview. Wow!

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Re: BJ

Couldn't believe he broke down in tears!!! What's the go there?

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Geez that was amazing! Don't know what to make of that?

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Unfortunately he just showed more emotion for the Saints than most of our current players.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

They certainly weren't crocodile tears.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
noddy04
Club Player

Oh the tears. Pi ss off BJ with your crocodile tears. I bet you dont tear up when you look at your bank nalance. Mentally weak in my book

sainters4eva
Club Player

He finally realised what he has done. Gone to a morally corrupt club for the $$$$$$'s. Too late now.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Not buying it.

Schillaci
Club Player

Heard it on MMM but didn't see it. Got feeling for the club obviously but he chose to leave. Don't hate him but as long as he plays for the enemy I won't like him.

SaintTom
Club Player

For those who didn't see...?

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

he is irrelevant. move on. no interest in opposition players. he won't be crying when he sings their song.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Griggsy
SS Life Member

SaintTom wrote:For those who didn't see...?
Broke down in tears saying 'he doesn't want to see them lose and they are his mates'

mullet
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:Oh the tears. Pi ss off BJ with your crocodile tears. I bet you dont tear up when you look at your bank nalance. Mentally weak in my book
thought exactly the same. probably crying cos he knows essendon will lose all their points

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:he is irrelevant. move on. no interest in opposition players. he won't be crying when he sings their song.
He was.

mullet wrote:
noddy04 wrote:Oh the tears. Pi ss off BJ with your crocodile tears. I bet you dont tear up when you look at your bank nalance. Mentally weak in my book
thought exactly the same. probably crying cos he knows essendon will lose all their points
He broke down because he misses all of his old team mates and he knows he will lose all of his new ones!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Embarrassing, if he loves the club so much he shouldn't have accepted a Life Membership and then held us to ransom for a salary we couldn't justify or afford. He didn't have to participate in free agency, he chose to. I don't care about people crying when it's justified but that was just weird.
Last edited by Harvey To Hayes on Sat 20 Apr 2013 8:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The bloke wanted 4 years and believed he'd earned it with ten years of loyalty

The loyalty he showed in 2007 when he was chased but refused to budge wasn't returned with what he believed was a fair offer. He was worth more to Ess than StK it seems, and that's how he saw it!

He loved StK more than any of us!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:Embarrassing, if he loves the club so much he shouldn't have accepted a Life Membership and held us to ransom for a salary we couldn't justify or afford. He didn't have to participate in free agency, he chose to. I don't care about people crying when it's justified but that was just weird.
Think you will find we encouraged him to participate in FA. Don't think the Pies encouraged Cloke to participate, and guess what? He's still there.
Last edited by 8856brother on Sat 20 Apr 2013 8:44pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:he is irrelevant. move on. no interest in opposition players. he won't be crying when he sings their song.
Yeah, he was actually. And had to be consoled by Jobe Watson afterwards.

Seriously, just because we're playing like a team of busted arses, don't take it out on BJ - he gave his all for this club, not 1% less.

We all know the circumstances of his departure. He probably wants to play in a flag, too.

Fair dinkum, the blokes LOVES St Kilda. He'll always be one of us.

And I dare say he's given so much more than anyone of us in the stands.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The bloke wanted 4 years and believed he'd earned it with ten years of loyalty

The loyalty he showed in 2007 when he was chased but refused to budge wasn't returned with what he believed was a fair offer. He was worth more to Ess than StK it seems, and that's how he saw it!

He didn't just leave for the money, he also left because he wanted to play in the midfield and he wants to win a premiership. It had nothing to do with loyalty.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The bloke wanted 4 years and believed he'd earned it with ten years of loyalty

just because he cried give me a break. trevor barker loved the club

bakes
Club Player

Seems like a good bloke to me. Still love ya BJ

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Speak for yourself you flog.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

He didn't just leave for the money, he also left because he wanted to play in the midfield and he wants to win a premiership. It had nothing to do with loyalty.
Reckon he may have got a game in our midfield now and in the next few years. So sick of hearing this. Premiership fair enough. He would need to play well into his 30's, possibly 50's to have another crack with us on this season's performances.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Reckon he may have got a game in our midfield now and in the next few years. So sick of hearing this. Premiership fair enough. He would need to play well into his 30's, possibly 50's to have another crack with us on this season's performances.
That is probably the worst effort I have seen from our club in over 10 years. We are back to the good old days of weak efforts.