Surely we'll try to make some sort of statement.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Surely we'll try to make some sort of statement.

I havent been on the site much lately due to the off season and having a new baby. But let me just say that in light of the disappointing result from last week, surely we can expect the club to make some sort of statement. Not saying we will flog the tigers, not even saying we will win. Just something to show we actually care about winning games of footy. Something to show the football world that we are fair dinkum.

I think the loss last week shocked a lot of people here because of their expectations of the season. I didn't have any (same as last year) but I could accept if we were on a slide and in fact I had a really bad feeling about last weeks game. Every year, prior to round one, I'm always excited and quite confident about my team's chances. This year I was nervous and unsure.

However with the changes we've made, the fact that everyone will be riding on the tigers and just the general feeling I get about how the team must be feeling (we are just the fourth non expansion club to lose to GC) I think this week we will see a different effort and performance.

Also have to say that Gold Coast aren't going to be easy beats forever. A lot of the younger kids for their side are getting to that fifty game mark now. Don't be surprised if they manage to surprise a few other clubs around the same rung as us this year.

Great to be back. Thought this place would implode on Saturday night but its not too bad I guess.

Go saints!