Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Changes for next week

Schneider for tdl
Kosi for hickey
Dempster for Roberton
Fisher for Blake
Joey for jones

Milera to sub

Newnes Siposs Stanley is enough guys learning their trade against tiges, saad milera still only second year players at this level

Joey v cotchin

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for next week

How did Kosi go against the Essendon reserves? Did he dominate?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
zebraman
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:How did Kosi go against the Essendon reserves? Did he dominate?
He didn't dominate, but played pretty well...lack of pace is a concern...

" The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle "
FQF
SS Life Member

I sure hope we don't see Kosi next week. That would be unbelievably impulsive coaching.

Who says Dempster is fit?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Can we concentrate on rebuilding the team?

We clearly need to.

What this means that is in order to develop players that we are going to have to put up with the them being up and down. Players like Kosi who are clearly not part of next year should not be played when there is a development option. Ditto for Blake.

I can take losing if I can see a future.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:How did Kosi go against the Essendon reserves? Did he dominate?
He didn't dominate, but played pretty well...lack of pace is a concern...
Up to the smalls to provide pace at spillages.

We have no better option at bringing in the smalls deep, deft hands in tight and an ability to crash and somehow direct outweighs lack of pace.

Crucial to development of saad milera and the like who flourish with crumbs.

Opinion of course, but they're not getting to get much space at this rate, opposition skittles are remaining on their feet

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is the last player I'd consider after tonight's performance. We need to look at the future not linger in the past.

Blokes like Kosi and Blake are only in the side as emergency backups.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh, and note to coach.

Night game at the G next week after a wet week, can we play at least one less tall, as a tall team in slippery conditions did not do so well tonight.

andrewg
Club Player

TDL out Schneider in
Hickey out Lee in
Roberton out Fisher in
Jones put down Montagna in

I would also 'rest' Gilbert for Wright but wont happen

Dempster not ready

Terry Sub

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Night game at the G next week after a wet week, can we play at least one less tall, as a tall team in slippery conditions did not do so well tonight.
Also because tall forwards in general are struggling to have any impact on the current AFL. Very few tall forwards averaging 2 goals a game right now. Far better to play extra runners to influnce packs because that's where the game is played right now - on the ground, in congestion.

Ruck Mac and spell him with either Hickey or Maister, with Stanley availabe in case of emergency. Possibly Blake as well depending on if Fisher and Dempster come up.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
sasaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Can we concentrate on rebuilding the team?

We clearly need to.

What this means that is in order to develop players that we are going to have to put up with the them being up and down. Players like Kosi who are clearly not part of next year should not be played when there is a development option. Ditto for Blake.

+1 got to keep building for the future and see who has what it takes to be in a winning team over the next few years. It is going to be really hard to compete against GWS and Suns when their top draft picks start to mature. We are now paying the price for cr@p recruiting until the last couple of years. :evil:

Patience young grasshopper
sasaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Can we concentrate on rebuilding the team?

We clearly need to.

+1 got to keep building for the future and see who has what it takes to be in a winning team over the next few years. It is going to be really hard to compete against GWS and Suns when their top draft picks start to mature. We are now paying the price for cr@p recruiting until the last couple of years. :evil:

Patience young grasshopper
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
We have no better option at bringing in the smalls deep, deft hands in tight and an ability to crash and somehow direct outweighs lack of pace.

Crucial to development of saad milera and the like who flourish with crumbs.

Opinion of course, but they're not getting to get much space at this rate, opposition skittles are remaining on their feet
Rules have changed in order to keep the game flowing. Run, pace and good footskills are more important that ever. I do not see how Kosi fits into this. Bit hard to crash packs when there are not as many packs, and you probably cannot get to them anyway.

Roo's knee looks to be restricting him as well, though he is still more than good enough to play.

Stanley is more what we need up front than Kosi, but will be used down back instead.

Lee may get a gig at times as he is mobile and quick. Otherwise let's just go with our current best two key forwards in Roo and Maister.

Bigger problem to me is a midfield that can move the ball well to our forwards. A better backline will assist. can't see how loading up on a big slow forward will assist.

Ben was also very disappointing tonight. his marking was down, and with his rucking, he needs to nail his work around the ground.