Dane Swan the footy show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Dane Swan the footy show

Don't normally watch that crap.....
now I know why
One question Barrett left out when Swan kept saying "I don't have a drug problem"
do you or have you used recreational drugs?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: Dane Swan the footy show

whiskers3614 wrote:Don't normally watch that crap.....
now I know why
One question Barrett left out when Swan kept saying "I don't have a drug problem"
do you or have you used recreational drugs?
Why is it anyone's business?

Considering the amount of press around Sam Fisher in this pre-season the same meaningless question could be asked of him.

If they choose to use them and do not get caught then good luck to them I guess. It is hardly my choice but then again not much is.

On the flipside if anyone from our club gets done then it becomes a problem.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

He chose to go on and"clear the air"
none of our business but a core part of the journalists job to ask the tough but obvious question.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Joke!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Joke!
No doubt orchestrated by Collingwood followed by a token fine to distance themselves from any future repurcussions if Swan is caught out.
Spin doctors.... Barrett no doubt in on the rort!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

According to Pippos Swan was paid 25K for the interview.

That's a lot of smack!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

No doubt he does what he likes, as does Sam and good luck to them both.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's like everyone is disappointed with the interview....

What's wrong with there being no drama?

I'm cool with that.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:It's like everyone is disappointed with the interview....

What's wrong with there being no drama?

I'm cool with that.

Disappointed with the supposed journalist not asking the obvious question after his "smoke there's fire" comment.
He more or less admitted drug use but denied a "drug problem".

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The fact it was advertised all week as an 'explosive' interview

Pumped up before the show, and the biggest thing out of it was that he didn't tell the club he did it... Like anyone gives a F***

I thought he was going to report he was an addict or something substantial, like BC......Actually NO I didn't.... But that was fluff, and not even worth or time!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Didn't watch it.. Not disappointed.. Highly recommended..

I think we can all come to our own conclusions without getting caught up in such pathetic propaganda..

Swan loves the gear. He's never been caught. He's a gun footballer. Good on him.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i purposely decided a couple of years ago that i would not watch crap tv shows...this one was on the top of the list.......its just garbage...not even entertaining......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

It's been widely reported that he's getting $25000 for the interview. They paid Malthouse and Cloke that way too. It's hard not to feel that there is a conflict of interest there. Otherwise Sam Fisher could get $25000 for telling them nothing. I will go on TV and let them know I'm not on anything if they like.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

eddie everywhere trying to deflect possible cap investigation....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6591925891

doesn't wash with me you slimeball.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I didn't see the footy show, but I saw the ad, and when asked if he had a drug problem he clearly nodded. So that's good enough for me. I mean, they wouldn't mislead people to get them to watch would they?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

boring interview that said nothing !
apparently his manager sat in on the interview , so he probably knew all the questions he was going to be asked beforehand .

In red white and black from 73
gringo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:eddie everywhere trying to deflect possible cap investigation....

The whole thing looks suss. Collingwood know nothing of it even though Eddie would be very much notified by both his network and I doubt the player manager would let it slip past the club. Stage managed crap to slip some extras into his contract outside the cap. I heard Lke Ball was signed up to the footy show at the same time he signed with the Pies. It's funny how the AFL won't make an issue unless the people make a fuss. Judd was paid for years and all of a sudden the make up some rule to ok the deal after looking like they were going to take it seriously.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

The whole thing looks suss. Collingwood know nothing of it even though Eddie would be very much notified by both his network and I doubt the player manager would let it slip past the club. Stage managed crap to slip some extras into his contract outside the cap. I heard Lke Ball was signed up to the footy show at the same time he signed with the Pies. It's funny how the AFL won't make an issue unless the people make a fuss. Judd was paid for years and all of a sudden the make up some rule to ok the deal after looking like they were going to take it seriously.

Yes because it would be worth all this hassle and stuff in the media to do that. You need to stop looking behind you all the time. It will hurt your neck.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Yes because it would be worth all this hassle and stuff in the media to do that. You need to stop looking behind you all the time. It will hurt your neck.

Like you who buries their head an says the AFL has it all under control. Disappointing that they can't self regulate then I wouldn't need to complain about them. Like when banks deregulate and are unanswerable, they have stuffed a lot of things up. It's about time Demetriou went and let someone else clean it his mess.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Like you who buries their head an says the AFL has it all under control. Disappointing that they can't self regulate then I wouldn't need to complain about them. Like when banks deregulate and are unanswerable, they have stuffed a lot of things up. It's about time Demetriou went and let someone else clean it his mess.

Can you tell me all the CEO of the AFL that were popular? I think Oakley was popular. He had stickers made about him. I know a good chiropractor.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Can you tell me all the CEO of the AFL that were popular? I think Oakley was popular. He had stickers made about him. I know a good chiropractor.[/quote]

Oakley was an arse kicking c%$#. I met him a few times and he was a really good guy though. The dull SA guy was alright Wayne Jackson as he was less combative and more conservative and inclusive in where he took the game. He stopped the threats to push out melbourne teams and still grew the game and oversaw the era of a move away from suburban grounds which was a very touchy subject.

Demetriou is just like most modern corporate CEOs in that he sees everything needs to look good on your watch without an eye to the future. The US economy is f%$#ed because they all want profits now so sell out the future. Too many outsource and sell up you don't actually have consumers to spend money.

Dimmy wants big television rights now while they still have TV but has lost sight of the running of the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Can you tell me all the CEO of the AFL that were popular? I think Oakley was popular. He had stickers made about him. I know a good chiropractor.

Oakley was an arse kicking c%$#. I met him a few times and he was a really good guy though. The dull SA guy was alright Wayne Jackson as he was less combative and more conservative and inclusive in where he took the game. He stopped the threats to push out melbourne teams and still grew the game and oversaw the era of a move away from suburban grounds which was a very touchy subject.

Demetriou is just like most modern corporate CEOs in that he sees everything needs to look good on your watch without an eye to the future. The US economy is f%$#ed because they all want profits now so sell out the future. Too many outsource and sell up you don't actually have consumers to spend money.

Dimmy wants big television rights now while they still have TV but has lost sight of the running of the game.[/quote]

Wasnt he CEO when Melbourne and the Hawks nearlt merged. It only didnt happen because of Don Scott. The AFL seemed very happy for that to happen if i recall correctly.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think that was under Oakley if I remember correctly.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Isn't "Maguire Media" the production company for the Footy Show?

If this is true then Eddies company made a $25,000 payment to one of his own players for a nothing interview.

You can't say that doesn't smell.

In any event they didn't ask Swan the right question. Apparently drug TAKING isn't the issue.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:Isn't "Maguire Media" the production company for the Footy Show?

If this is true then Eddies company made a $25,000 payment to one of his own players for a nothing interview.

You can't say that doesn't smell.

In any event they didn't ask Swan the right question. Apparently drug TAKING isn't the issue.

So you are suggesting he is a dealer? Where do we get these rumours from?