Pelchen - tradition continues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Royston
Club Player

Pelchen - tradition continues

As much as Bains, Elshaugh et al head the recruiting, Pelchen's penchant for drafting left-footers continues....

White & Murdoch are predominately left footers from what I can tell.
Hopefully not in the Sam Gilbert mould where the right foot is 'persona non gratis'

Not sure on the other draftees....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pelchen - tradition continues

I thought this was going to be about how he seems to have something against big defenders...

;)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I thought this was going to be about how he seems to have something against big defenders..
You trying to say Pelchen has a Penchant?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I thought this was going to be about how he seems to have something against big defenders...
;)
Don't forget that none of Blake, Fisher, Gwilt, Geary were recruited as defenders.....neither was BJ, or Siposs who is a strong tip to replace him.

I think CP is restructuring the club over 3 years.

Pace and footskills are a key priority of his. At this rate we will soon be one of the quickest teams in the AFL.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:I thought this was going to be about how he seems to have something against big defenders...
;)
Don't forget that none of Blake, Fisher, Gwilt, Geary were recruited as defenders.....neither was BJ, or Siposs who is a strong tip to replace him.

Pace and footskills are a key priority of his. At this rate we will soon be one of the quickest teams in the AFL.

Terry wallet said we are going too tall. Quarter of our list over 194cm according to him.

savatage
SS Life Member

Saunders is a right footer that seems competent on the left also.

noddy04
Club Player

When have we taken notice of what Terry Wallet has to say???

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
;)

Terry wallet said we are going too tall. Quarter of our list over 194cm according to him.
3 months ago we were too short now we are too talll .... the one thing we can all agree on Terry Wallace is too ORANGE ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jimmy_slats
Club Player

well we did just recruit 4 player over 195 and if you look at our list he is right it is a quarter of our list that is over 194

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
noob
Club Player

We literally almost have more ruckman than key position players now.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: 3 months ago we were too short now we are too talll .... the one thing we can all agree on Terry Wallace is too ORANGE ...
Made me laugh.

paddy
Club Player

I wonder if Rhys will be a walk up start again next year?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I just hope the Pelican is in charge, instead of the "trout", or "Smithers" as he is known behind his back!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote: Terry wallet said we are going too tall. Quarter of our list over 194cm according to him.
He mustn't like tall players.. Is that why he drafted Richard Tambling instead of Buddy Franklin!?

Get back to your solarium Terry!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

gringo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I think CP is restructuring the club over 3 years.

Tall is only a problem if tall is also slow and lumbering... and these days, Kosi is the only one of our talls who obviously fits that. Even Owl IMHO is not as slow as his gait style makes him appear. He further compensates by possessing mid fielder-type endurance, and also by being good below his knees.

Most of the other talls, especially those recruited recently, are quick to very quick, are very agile, and are good below their knees. Early days, but they also seem able to kick well... that will take us a bit of getting used to... :wink:

And we still have plenty of mid sized and small crumbing types anyway...

Just need to see how the likes of Simpko, Ferg and Lever come along... and having freed up our salary cap... to liberate Chip from tanktown next preseason. :twisted:

So for me, lotsa' talls is no issue at all.

The future is looking pretty damn good. 8-)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Q-TRAIN
Club Player

Pelchen is either a genius with a long term plan of turning us into a hard running , tall team of exciting left footers like he did at the Hawks.
Or he's just some knob who drafted too many big blokes.
Time will tell :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Q-TRAIN wrote:Pelchen is either a genius with a long term plan of turning us into a hard running , tall team of exciting left footers like he did at the Hawks.
Or he's just some knob who drafted too many big blokes.
Time will tell :)

Even though he didn't build the Hawks from scratch he seems to be doing a similar build up with the spine first followed by a midfield which develop quicker. The hawks had a 5 year plan and he will have been involved in how it was managed. Recruitment is like water divining -an inexact science but you need to have some strategy in place and hope that the players are given time to develop. time will tell if we got the plan right but so far so good.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
;)

Wallace does not know s*** from shoepolish. I am usually not quick to just write off someone like this however he is plainly full of garbage

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
;)

Yes, when going small worked so well for the Doggies! They are still trying to rid / rectify themselves of Wallets draft era.

Scoop
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
gringo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I think CP is restructuring the club over 3 years.

Tall is only a problem if tall is also slow and lumbering... and these days, Kosi is the only one of our talls who obviously fits that. Even Owl IMHO is not as slow as his gait style makes him appear. He further compensates by possessing mid fielder-type endurance, and also by being good below his knees.

Most of the other talls, especially those recruited recently, are quick to very quick, are very agile, and are good below their knees. Early days, but they also seem able to kick well... that will take us a bit of getting used to... :wink:

And we still have plenty of mid sized and small crumbing types anyway...

Just need to see how the likes of Simpko, Ferg and Lever come along... and having freed up our salary cap... to liberate Chip from tanktown next preseason. :twisted:

So for me, lotsa' talls is no issue at all.

The future is looking pretty damn good. 8-)
This........

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

So who takes responsibility for recruitment - elshaugh or the Pelican ? ... Looks to me like if it all turns to poo then elshaugh cops it , if it all turns out sweet then it's Pelicans strategic genius

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Zed wrote:So who takes responsibility for recruitment - elshaugh or the Pelican ? ... Looks to me like if it all turns to poo then elshaugh cops it , if it all turns out sweet then it's Pelicans strategic genius
Those guys are in on the recruiting...,

However, nowdays in the brave new world that is the St Kilda FC, this must all be performed in fidelity to the strict list management dogma as laid down by the Taliban and True Believer. (Infidelity will not be tolerated.)

The fundamental philosphy of the T&TB teaching is based upon the twin towers of 'tough love' and 'take no prisoners (nor list cloggers)'.

PS: Thanks Scoop. I play the 'numbers game'. The more I put stident opinions out there, the more chance of eventually getting one, in the word of Pres Gregorys... 'right'. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: