What If This Happened?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

What If This Happened?

The Saints send pick 37 to GCS for Tom Hickey
Then we send Farren Ray to Melbourne for Jordan Gysberts
Cripps & 25 to WCE for Brown & 61.

Would leave us with picks 13, 46, 57, 61 Etc. 4 picks in the first 3 rounds plus a ruck, mid, KPD!

Thoughts?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: What If This Happened?

Probably meets our needs - IF we land Hickey no need for Martin so Gysberts helps out midfield depth.

Would like something a little lower back from Eagles for Cripps and a second rounder...not sure what thet got...

Overall probably not a bad outcome

I cant see GC acceoting 37 for Hickey - reckon 25 will go there.

Cripps + 37 for Brown?

“Yeah….nah””
SuperDuper
Club Player

Hickey is worth more than Brown... no way Brown is worth 25, let alone Cripps + 25...

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

If Melbourne are really into Ray, maybe a 3 way swap with Brisbane - Ray to Melb, Martin to Bris, a Brisbane pick to us (24 maybe? or 33).

We end up with 13, 24, 25, send 37 to GC for Hickey, and Cripps & 46 to WCE for Brown.

or

We end up with 13, 24, 37, send 25 to GC for Hickey, and Cripps & 46 to WCE for Brown.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who thinks GCS will accept 37 fpr Hickey is living on a planet a long way from Earth

If we get him it will involve 13 in some way shape or for...which is why we havent done a deal yet..

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:If Melbourne are really into Ray, maybe a 3 way swap with Brisbane - Ray to Melb, Martin to Bris, a Brisbane pick to us (24 maybe? or 33).

We end up with 13, 24, 25, send 37 to GC for Hickey, and Cripps & 46 to WCE for Brown.

or

We end up with 13, 24, 37, send 25 to GC for Hickey, and Cripps & 46 to WCE for Brown.
I like a lot, but feel we'll need to give more for Brown even if he isn't worth it.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:The Saints send pick 37 to GCS for Tom Hickey

Would leave us with picks 13, 46, 57, 61 Etc. 4 picks in the first 3 rounds plus a ruck, mid, KPD!

Thoughts?
Everyone wins! Except Melbourne, West Coast and Gold Coast. They get shafted. So basically St Kilda win from those trades, which is why there's zero chance of them happening.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

Thoughts?
Everyone wins! Except Melbourne, West Coast and Gold Coast. They get shafted. So basically St Kilda win from those trades, which is why there's zero chance of them happening.
I think 25 for Brown would be around the mark, and they get Cripps for 61… So maybe lose slightly with Brown, but gain slightly with Cripps?

I don't know enough about Gysberts to comment on his value next to Ray… Is he worth more?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I think 25 for Brown would be around the mark, and they get Cripps for 61… So maybe lose slightly with Brown, but gain slightly with Cripps?
25 for Brown would be very cheap, given that he's a key position player who would easily play 22 games for us next year. Tall players don't grow on trees.

61 is a bit cheap for Cripps but not hugely so - there's not exactly a stampede for his services, and he's refusing to play for us so his value to us is zero.
dragit wrote:I don't know enough about Gysberts to comment on his value next to Ray… Is he worth more?
I don't know that much about him, but I see them as vaguely similar players - but Gysberts is five years younger so perhaps has more value.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
dragit wrote:I think 25 for Brown would be around the mark, and they get Cripps for 61… So maybe lose slightly with Brown, but gain slightly with Cripps?
25 for Brown would be very cheap, given that he's a key position player who would easily play 22 games for us next year. Tall players don't grow on trees.

61 is a bit cheap for Cripps but not hugely so - there's not exactly a stampede for his services, and he's refusing to play for us so his value to us is zero.
dragit wrote:I don't know enough about Gysberts to comment on his value next to Ray… Is he worth more?
I don't know that much about him, but I see them as vaguely similar players - but Gysberts is five years younger so perhaps has more value.
I don't think Cripps has stated that he refuses to play for St Kilda... rumour was that the club approached him to see if he was interested in a trade home.

Still a good chance to re-sign if WC hold firm on Brown.

Saintersss
Club Player

Thoughts?
I'd think that would probably be the ideal scenario, however it's looking pretty unlikely it will happen like that.

Chubby chequer
Club Player

Are we talking about the Milne bounce again :cry: :cry: :cry: