Missed The Boat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

Missed The Boat

Am I missing something here? The deadline for the end of the free trade period is in a matter of hours and we've secured precisely nobody. We picked up a possible but utterly unproven forward gun in Tom Lee but we paid a hefty price to get him. Giving away a number 12 first round pick was a big call in my view. it looks like we have no hope of getting Brown. It's been reported that we are in the box seat to get Tom Hickey but again look like having to give away another first round draft pick to get him. So that means we lose Brendan Goddard but we use the compensation pick for losing him to get Tom Hickey. Is that a fair swap? It doesn't seem that way to me. I hate to say it but it looks decidedly like we have been outflanked by just about every other AFL club apart from the Crows who look like being dudded on the KT trade. I was never that keen on Koby Stevens but we are going to miss out on him as well. If the Saints are hoping to pick up a key defender who is any good in the real draft what pick are they going to use? The short answer to that is a pick that will have us fighting over the scraps. Maybe Watters and Pelchen have got a huge surpise up their sleeve. They promised they would be busy and aggressive in the trade period. We are yet to see the evidence.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Re: Missed The Boat

I think once we have our compo pick, the ball will start rolling. I think everyone needs to be patient.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

damienc wrote:Am I missing something here? The deadline for the end of the free trade period is in a matter of hours and we've secured precisely nobody.
Yes you are missing something..

Trade week finishes next Friday...

Free Agency finishes today, which we were never going to use anyway so we can get the best possible pick for BJ, to perhaps use next week in trade week or the ND...

You can relax.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

damienc wrote:Am I missing something here?
Clearly.
damienc wrote:I was never that keen on Koby Stevens but we are going to miss out on him as well.
So you are upset we are not drafting players you don't rate?
Still a week to go, once the compo picks are announced it will all start happening.
Next week is the week of the Pelican.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

How dont people actually understand properly. Just read, please. Dont stress.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:How dont people actually understand properly. Just read, please. Dont stress.
Yeah, don't stress out people :)

"We've only just begun..."

SaintTom
Club Player

damienc wrote:Am I missing something here? The deadline for the end of the free trade period is in a matter of hours and we've secured precisely nobody. We picked up a possible but utterly unproven forward gun in Tom Lee but we paid a hefty price to get him. Giving away a number 12 first round pick was a big call in my view. it looks like we have no hope of getting Brown. It's been reported that we are in the box seat to get Tom Hickey but again look like having to give away another first round draft pick to get him. So that means we lose Brendan Goddard but we use the compensation pick for losing him to get Tom Hickey. Is that a fair swap? It doesn't seem that way to me. I hate to say it but it looks decidedly like we have been outflanked by just about every other AFL club apart from the Crows who look like being dudded on the KT trade. I was never that keen on Koby Stevens but we are going to miss out on him as well. If the Saints are hoping to pick up a key defender who is any good in the real draft what pick are they going to use? The short answer to that is a pick that will have us fighting over the scraps. Maybe Watters and Pelchen have got a huge surpise up their sleeve. They promised they would be busy and aggressive in the trade period. We are yet to see the evidence.
You're missing a lot, and making even more random assumptions.

Austinnn
Club Player

One long paragraph of randy panic based on wrong assumptions and misinformation.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
dragit
Saintsational Legend

About the 5th similar thread from you Damo…

WE DON'T WANT ANY FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

In the Pelican we trust!

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought this thread was about Essendons travel plans for the NAB cup 2013 in woodonga. Perhaps if they leave now they might make it.

andrewg
Club Player

sainterinsydney wrote:I think once we have our compo pick, the ball will start rolling. I think everyone needs to be patient.

Rosco
Club Player

dragit wrote:About the 5th similar thread from you Damo…

WE DON'T WANT ANY FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR
this

comprehend it

remember it