How many spots are left?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evo
Club Player

How many spots are left?

It seems to me we only have three spots left on our list right now unless we de-list Raph and Ledger, maybe four if Cripps leaves.

Batnoe
Club Player

Re: How many spots are left?

If cripps leaves we may get a player in return so it doesn't free anything up

Ledger won't be delisted...

Another vacancy off senior list or 3 could be Blake raph and jones and winmar rookie

Carn Saints
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Raph, Blake, Jones, Winmar, Ray and Cripps are all chances to not be on our senior list next year. Plenty of ways to make space. Looks like Curren is staying a rookie, too.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget that we went into the 2012 season with 2 vacancies on the list because of salary cap issues.
The cash freed up by the departure of Goddard should make filling those 2 places possible.
However permanent upgrades for rookies Sam Dunnell and Tom Curren (Sandringham B&F) are likely.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

I would expect the club would like to use picks 24, 34, 43, 53 plus the Goddard compensation on new players.
They could use picks 71 and 89 to upgrade Dunnell and Curren.
They would take the 2 vacancies already available due to a short list in season 2012.
That means a net of 5 senior player need to be delisted.
At present Peake, Polo and Crocker have been delisted and Lee has already been added.

That means there needs to be at least 3 more delistings.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
on the outer
Club Player

Have the rules changed since 2011 ?

http://www.aflpa.com.au/images/uploads/ ... h_2011.pdf

According to this document the club can have a maximum of 38 players, at the end of the season we had 38 not sure where this 2 vacancies comes from.

So far we have delisted or lost 4 (polo. peake, crocker and goddard) and gained one (lee) giving us a total ot 35 giving us three picks in the draft (the minimum required).

Not trying to be a stirrer just so often on here you get opinions not facts, happy to be corrected if anyone has better information.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Obviously we will need to delist more players if there is players traded in - as previously stated Raph, Blakey ect positions will be in trouble. If Farren leaves that will open up another position so there will be some movement over the next couple of weeks.

If we delist Blakey & Raph hopefully they can find another home - both quality people and clubmen !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Obviously we will need to delist more players if there is players traded in - as previously stated Raph, Blakey ect positions will be in trouble. If Farren leaves that will open up another position so there will be some movement over the next couple of weeks.

If we delist Blakey & Raph hopefully they can find another home - both quality people and clubmen !
Can't see Blake wanting to go on at another club… Raph is young enough though, hope he gets another chance.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Blake is waiting to see apparently ..so I assume they are keeping him hanging to see what's still available. He is a good bloke Blakey, just hangs back and does the best thing for the team. I have to say early on I couldn't see anything positive about Blake but he's one of my faves these days.

evo
Club Player

I can only see us delisting Blake and or Raph, all the rest have contracts other than Ledger. That leaves 5 spots and we are still in the hunt for Brown, Hickey and others.

evo
Club Player

on the outer wrote:Have the rules changed since 2011 ?

http://www.aflpa.com.au/images/uploads/ ... h_2011.pdf

According to this document the club can have a maximum of 38 players, at the end of the season we had 38 not sure where this 2 vacancies comes from.

So far we have delisted or lost 4 (polo. peake, crocker and goddard) and gained one (lee) giving us a total ot 35 giving us three picks in the draft (the minimum required).

Not trying to be a stirrer just so often on here you get opinions not facts, happy to be corrected if anyone has better information.
As I see it we have around 6-7 dps but only room for 3 unless we delist the two un-contracted players or trade out some players to other clubs. We may have to use two dps to get a player we need. There are also only three rookie positions this year with Curren being one and Andeoli or Shenton one of the others. I think our first draft pick will be in the thirties, 13 and 24 will be used for trades.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I think our first draft pick will be in the thirties, 13 and 24 will be used for trades.

I hope you are wrong Evo.

evo
Club Player

I hope I am wrong too, but if we get just couple of the players we are chasing that only leaves one spot on the list. So any dps we use will be at the expense of a player we already have. Does not look good for Clarke, Blake or Ledger.