One door shuts another one opens!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

peter lockwood
Club Player

One door shuts another one opens!!

Dont get me wrong i,ll be upset if Bj leaves, hes been a great player,but nowhere near where he was 2-3 years ago.
I dont blame him for leaving when the sort of money waved that the media are drumming up is being waved!
He will not be around for our climb back up the ladder which will be 3-4 years away.This year other than lenny,milney,dempster its been the kids that have been getting my heart a pumping, the likes of Saad,Milera,Stanley,Steven,Armo,Sipposs and Simpkin.
Do u remember back in 2001-03 with our new crop of kids the excitement of where we could go!!We almost had back to back premiership wins if only 2 certain bounces bounced our way...but alas.
Look at our list and our needs....Ruckman ,key back and key forward
Bj will be missed but i think he can be covered ,well the last 2 years for sure!!And cripps is another loss but someone we have plenty of others to cover perhaps though lacking pace.
if reports around the place are right were up to our neck trying to get the likes of Hickey,Caddy and Brown!!
All youngsters not the older players that lyon loved, a team that can grow together and work its way back to contention!
The likes of mqualter and eddy have gone so have polo and peake.And they dont seem to be in a rush to sign either clarke and blake.They been replaced with younger skillful players the likes of Ross,Lever,newnes and Markworth.
And imagine if we could somehow get the likes of ....pick 12 Jaksh,Plowman,Mason,Smith or a Stringer
13 and whatever for Cripps for Caddy and Hickey
34 Mitch Brown,Cam Pederson,Luke delaney
53 Tom Lee or Kyle hartigan
71 & 89 best talent available
Rookie draft another ruckman and keyback and the list looks alot more even across the board.
A great start to climbing back up to the top.Youngsters are what we need and they need to blooded quickly as our best players wont be around for to much longer and were a little behind where we want to be .Due to Lyons topping up and fair enough pushes for the ultimate!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: One door shuts another one opens!!

Tom Lee is expected to go to Carlton at pick 11 if we can get him at 53 Pelchen is possibly using black magic to get the list together. If Pedersen goes in to the draft he might go preseason more than national but would be a decent pick up. Jaksche, Stringer, Lee would all be handy with 12 and 13. I would grab the 2 best talls remaining at those picks. Rodda with our 34 pick, mids with pace a priority otherwise and grab a mature rookie ruck.