The Latest on Goddard.. Fri 21/9 !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Latest on Goddard.. Fri 21/9 !!

Yeah I know this is a NEW thread and there are countless others, but I thought this may get lost otherwise.

A pretty good source told me that all the talk about BJ being offered all these contracts from St Kilda, Freo, Essendon, Geelong & Carlton has all started at the same place, THE ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB. I can't work out what they hope to achieve by doing this but my source tells me that BJ hasn't let on ANYTHING to ANYONE, and neither has his management.

I think we should all sit tight until we hear something official. Anything anyone hears prior to this is pure speculation and/or scuttlebuck !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Latest on Goddard.. Fri 21/9 !!

I've already posted it's pre trade bulldust.....

this type of bulldust grows legs because there is nothing happening if you're not alive in the finals..

papers still need to be sold......Tv and radio still need to rate..fabrication is rife...i don't take any notice until the ink is dry on
the players contract...wherever he has ended up.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

$850K for 4 years from Freo is ridiculous money. I could be wrong but I think it's crap.

I have a strong feeling about this and think that BJ will end up staying.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Yeah I know this is a NEW thread and there are countless others, but I thought this may get lost otherwise.

A pretty good source told me that all the talk about BJ being offered all these contracts from St Kilda, Freo, Essendon, Geelong & Carlton has all started at the same place, THE ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB. I can't work out what they hope to achieve by doing this but my source tells me that BJ hasn't let on ANYTHING to ANYONE, and neither has his management.

I think we should all sit tight until we hear something official. Anything anyone hears prior to this is pure speculation and/or scuttlebuck !!
Just cause he hasnt seen offcial contract paperwork I dont agree that hes hasnt had "offers" that he could informally accept.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Eastern wrote:Yeah I know this is a NEW thread and there are countless others, but I thought this may get lost otherwise.

Just cause he hasnt seen offcial contract paperwork I dont agree that hes hasnt had "offers" that he could informally accept.
True. But of course that means he can also informally unaccept them (when he comes to his senses :wink: )

nw7
Club Player

St Kilda is not going to put their best offer on the table now, same as Collingwood and Cloke, both Clubs have the option of matching the offer on the table from another club or even making a counter offer closer to the mark which the player can accept if he really wants to stay at the his club. The Goddard deal is far from done with any club, Saints will probably end up offering 4 years and more money thats on the table at the moment but why do it now??

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

nw7 wrote:St Kilda is not going to put their best offer on the table now, same as Collingwood and Cloke, both Clubs have the option of matching the offer on the table from another club or even making a counter offer closer to the mark which the player can accept if he really wants to stay at the his club. The Goddard deal is far from done with any club, Saints will probably end up offering 4 years and more money thats on the table at the moment but why do it now??
Of course. You need something up your sleeve

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
nw7 wrote:St Kilda is not going to put their best offer on the table now, same as Collingwood and Cloke, both Clubs have the option of matching the offer on the table from another club or even making a counter offer closer to the mark which the player can accept if he really wants to stay at the his club. The Goddard deal is far from done with any club, Saints will probably end up offering 4 years and more money thats on the table at the moment but why do it now??
Yes. It's just common sense really but you won't find that on here especially from the likes of people like Teflon.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What is the sauce?

That is so overrated. Sauce is only good for bland food, just like the OP

No friend of a friend of a friend of a committee member cos that's just off.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

UPDATE!

We still don't know :?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think :

1/ That there is no reason why this should not be in the existing thread. It is ofter all just someone's speculation.

2/ That you are in denial if you believe that no other club has spoken with BJ's management. Even if they have not made an offer they would be sounding him out. BJ is too gooda player to at least not ask the question

3/ Like there is any alternative to sitting tight anyway??? We are just fans who play no part in this situation.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Yes. It's just common sense really but you won't find that on here especially from the likes of people like Teflon.
But you will find plenty of "common" people which is what you are.

Must say, have enjoyed slapping you about a bit lately....keep the "Teffers Obsession" coming big boy.....I'll get you that T-Shirt I promised you... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
But you will find plenty of "common" people which is what you are.
Whatever you say Teffers. I hope your royal blood doesn't get contaminated you wanker.

You sound like a d!ckhead, a try hard and a philistine.

Get your head out of your arse.

Sock Puppet
Club Player

wrote:But you will find plenty of "common" people which is what you are....

Whatever you say. I hope your royal blood doesn't get contaminated you wanker....

You sound like a d!ckhead, a try hard and a philistine....

Get your head out of your arse....
Explanation here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fW8deSlsiA

SMS
Club Player

He is going to Essendon

We are desperately going after Hickey Toy and Warnock

And there is a chance that paul chapman yes paul chapman will be with us next season.
Chapman wants out of geelong ...

But yeah say goodbye to goddard.

If we got those 4 players id be stoked.

SMS
Club Player

We can only blame outselves for losing goddard.

We lost him just as we did lyon. They both wanted to sign very reasonable contracts.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:We can only blame outselves for losing goddard.

We lost him just as we did lyon. They both wanted to sign very reasonable contracts.

How would you know either of those things unless you are BJ, his manager or work in the club in the contracts area. I think we have handled BJ perfectly. I dont blame him if he goes but the club cannot pay anything like what the Dons have offered.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Have Essendon actually put in an offer? Or have they just said "We CAN offer this and/or that"? Goddard has said NOTHING. St Kilda have said they have made an offer (NO mention of duration or money). Goddard's manager has acknowledged that St Kilda have made an offer, otherwise he has said nothing. It appears that the Media Dept at Essendon has been saying/speculating PLENTY, not just about Goddard either. They have been linking themselves to 1/2 of Gold Coast & GWS too.

It appears like Essendon have adopted the Paul Connors philosophy on negotiating; GET THE MEDIA TO DO ALL THE DIRTY WORK FOR YOU

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SMS wrote:He is going to Essendon

And there is a chance that paul chapman yes paul chapman will be with us next season.

We are going desperate? Let's not go nuts here...

Two kids that have not shown much and Warnock has spent the majority of his career on the sidelines.

Chapman would add to the list in terms of quality however only 2 years left? Unless the coaching group believes we can actually win the thing in the next few seasons what is the point?

Goddard has been handled well.

If he takes the cash then it is the cash and the cash only because an offer of 650k for a utility who does not usually get the ball himself or kick a huge amount of goals for time down in the forward line etc is plenty.

Goddard (moreso than others) has spoken of success as a huge driving force and leaves for Essendon?

Hmmmm Brendon???

andrewg
Club Player

Nathan Buckley moved for "success" and tat didn't go so well.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not Warnock, he's a lemon on more money than Goddard. We would want 3 quarters of his wage paid by the blues.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

In your next post you say "we can only blame ourselves for losing Goddard". How can you be stoked and then write that?

Why would we want Chapman when a) he's not too wrapped about St.Kilda and b) he's just about retired?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:

In your next post you say "we can only blame ourselves for losing Goddard". How can you be stoked and then write that?

Why would we want Chapman when a) he's not too wrapped about St.Kilda and b) he's just about retired?
I love posters that say things as though they are fact, its just speculation... Warnock, no thanks unless on a rookie wage. Chappy, yes if he was 27, but he is not so why turn us into the retirement home where we pay overs for players in the twilight of their career. Hickey/Toy = yes please as long as we dont give up too much. I could only handle giving up our first rounder if it meant we got ANOTHER player the suited our needs like Thompson (as part of a three way Tippett deal) or Brown (unlikely but depends how much the other club wants our first rounder).

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Yep - Chappy is just about done for mine - he's looking for superannuation if he's shopping himself around. I reckon that's a big IF though. Can't see him being that stupid. He looked slower this year, especially by the end. Still a smart player, but we don't need a 30 year old who has already achieved plenty. We want young hungry players I reckon.

If Goddard leaves us I will be sad, but I think it's the right move . 650k is ridiculous money to be throwing at him in the first place. If he wants more than that at another club - well good luck and don't let the door hit you on the way out Brendan.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

If Goddard goes to Essendon and I say if, then he needs to reflect on the NAB cup fiasco with the game at Wangaratta and ask himself he six months ago he would have thought they were a bunch of flogs and yet now he wants to join them all because of the money.

Money doesn't buy happiness and he'll be playing with a group who couldn't even front up to a NAB cup.

Over to you Brendon, how much will it take to bury those thoughts?