Strange who you meet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Strange who you meet

Went to a place called Huntly yesterday to watch a few mates from Ormond who now play at Lockington. Getting a beer and who should be there in the beer line but big Ben. i had had a few by then and had a bit of a chat to Ben. Said the year was disappointing and started poorly woth a loss to Port. Said he had finished at the club this year except for the B&F on Wednesday.

We left the footy at three quarter time because the boys had the game won and I was with a mad Swans supporting family. We decide to drive to Rochester as we were staying in Echuca and watch the footy at a pub in Rochy. Walked in and who should be there but Luke Ball who was with his Old Xavier crocks mates on a bucks turn. Had even more by then and had a chat with Luke. Didnt bring up RL. Hadnt had that much but he was happy to chat about the Saints and his time there. Both nice guys and both games went as we wanted. Good day all round.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Strange who you meet

I reckon Luke Ball would be well behaved, even at a Bucks turn.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:I reckon Luke Ball would be well behaved, even at a Bucks turn.
And if the Pies go out in straight sets next week Luke may witness another Buck's turn :P

elizabethr
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Went to a place called Huntly yesterday to watch a few mates from Ormond who now play at Lockington. Getting a beer and who should be there in the beer line but big Ben. i had had a few by then and had a bit of a chat to Ben. Said the year was disappointing and started poorly woth a loss to Port. Said he had finished at the club this year except for the B&F on Wednesday.

We left the footy at three quarter time because the boys had the game won and I was with a mad Swans supporting family. We decide to drive to Rochester as we were staying in Echuca and watch the footy at a pub in Rochy. Walked in and who should be there but Luke Ball who was with his Old Xavier crocks mates on a bucks turn. Had even more by then and had a chat with Luke. Didnt bring up RL. Hadnt had that much but he was happy to chat about the Saints and his time there. Both nice guys and both games went as we wanted. Good day all round.
You seem like a full on groupie.

nothing to say
loris
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Went to a place called Huntly yesterday to watch a few mates from Ormond who now play at Lockington. Getting a beer and who should be there in the beer line but big Ben. i had had a few by then and had a bit of a chat to Ben. Said the year was disappointing and started poorly woth a loss to Port. Said he had finished at the club this year except for the B&F on Wednesday.

Full being the operative word eh? :wink: :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:

Did he throw his knickers at them? :shock:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Didnt think this would be a big deal for you. You do host players parties at your house.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

name-dropper

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for sharing, P66.

I remember seeing Luke Ball outside of the physio on the Monday after 2010's GF2. At first I felt like calling him a traitor, but I had a sudden change of heart as I thought it would just be stooping to the depths of unsporting behaviour. He seems to much of a nice guy to heckle anyway.

I forgive you, Bally :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
savatage
SS Life Member

Look at me, look at me!!!!

andrewg
Club Player

Like I said in the other post plugger WTFC

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Lukey Ball - gotta say was absolutely devastated when he did his acl or whatever it was this year - filth player or not. Happy that he finally got a premiership medal but spewing it had to be for them. Couldn't stand all my filth supporting mates rubbing it in that he left too.

Say what you will about 2012 and 2012, 2010 was an effing horrible year. I actually enjoyed watching footy in the last two seasOns but after the heartbreak of 2009, all I cared about in 2010 was just getting to the big day. Nothing else mattered. Having Roo out for a third of the year killed too - it was like: "well, what's the bloody point?"

Having said that, I thought for a fleeting moment in that year we had it won - sometimes, in my darkest moments I feel that is the closest ill ever get to that feeling of winning a flag.

I've been spoiled having not watched us through the eighties, for most of my life, we've been competitive, especially lately, either in finals or ninth for the last nine years.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

This will be my first and last comment on the subject of Luke Ball. -Making a good player Captain is evidently no guarantee of his future loyalty.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Pictures or it didn't happen

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Pictures or it didn't happen

You are right. I made it up. And yes i am a name dropper, a groupie and I have a small dick. All true. I have a red face and I am hairy and i look at me in the mirror. Got anymore. I also love it. Also last night i went out and saw Pete. Now that was a surprise as well.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So what were your considered impressions of Ben? Is he captaincy material down the track, do you think?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Why is Ben finished for the year? I thought annual leave ended for our boys start of November not end of December??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Was Ben up there watching Colbinabbin, where his dad played a lot of footy? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:and i look at me in the mirror.
Well...Der!
It is the main purpose of a mirror!
:wink:

philtee
Club Player

Ben and Luke now tweeting everyone they know..."OMG, I've met plugger66!"

dragit
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Ben and Luke now tweeting everyone they know..."OMG, I've met plugger66!"
:D

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Why is Ben finished for the year? I thought annual leave ended for our boys start of November not end of December??
finished for the year means finished for the season. not calendar year.
annual leave began already except for the B&F. they begin again late octovber you would imagine.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Why is Ben finished for the year? I thought annual leave ended for our boys start of November not end of December??
finished for the year means finished for the season. not calendar year.
annual leave began already except for the B&F. they begin again late octovber you would imagine.
Players and coaches have said Nov 5th
Though 7_ 10 year players get extra week and over 10's get a couple more

The nick dal Gen Y program he explains the team took a vote on whether the 8 weeks would be split or total voted to take the 8

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Do they start training for next season in 7 weeks time?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I met Cameron Wood once in a club in Brisbane.

He started having a go at me cause I done stoleded his woman.

He then attempted to urinate on me.

What did I do?

Drop him.