Liston Trophy voting at Sandy in 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Liston Trophy voting at Sandy in 2012

Here's the Sandy players' results from the Liston Trophy this year:

8: Wilkes
7: Cockie, Ferguson
5: Dunell
4: Clarke, Cook
3: Newnes, Polo, Shenton, Shepheard
2: Armitage, Coleman, Marigliani, Michaliades, Ross
1: Andreoli, Curren, Milera

Ben Ross who won it finished with 20 votes so a long way from the top. Good to see Ferguson getting a few votes, that's a good sign!

No Sandy players in the top 6 of the Coaches' Award, and only one Sandy player popped up in the Team of the Year, Myke Cook on the bench. Ex-Saints rookie Khan Haretuku was named CHF.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Liston Trophy voting at Sandy in 2012

no ledger

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:no ledger

Why would he. Have you seen how he plays in the firsts? He has a long way to go. Can get it but what does he do with it. Not much.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hello Cockie.

Any chance a call up for Major Mitchell?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Why would he. Have you seen how he plays in the firsts? He has a long way to go. Can get it but what does he do with it. Not much.

personally not surprised but the way people were talking before his call up, I would have thought he would have got a few

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Hello Cockie.

Any chance a call up for Major Mitchell?

Cook has the best build to be an AFL player. Cockie is your typical short, solid VFL player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

personally not surprised but the way people were talking before his call up, I would have thought he would have got a few

Its like chinese whispers. I would guess more than half that wanted him in had seen him play once or twice this year at the most. As per usual the coaches do know a lot more than anyone on here.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Its like chinese whispers. I would guess more than half that wanted him in had seen him play once or twice this year at the most. As per usual the coaches do know a lot more than anyone on here.

The hype was there before he his first season even started.

I lost $10 out of it too.

savatage
SS Life Member

Played plenty of good games for Sandringham as did Tommy Curren, who unbelievably, only got 1 vote over the whole season. Dowler deserved votes for a few games as well.

Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Curren deserved more than the stats say he got

Shaggy
Club Player

So because Ledger didn't poll in the Liston it proves your point. Unbelievably stupid.

plugger66 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Shaggy wrote:So because Ledger didn't poll in the Liston it proves your point. Unbelievably stupid.

personally not surprised but the way people were talking before his call up, I would have thought he would have got a few[/quote]

Its like chinese whispers. I would guess more than half that wanted him in had seen him play once or twice this year at the most. As per usual the coaches do know a lot more than anyone on here.[/quote][/quote]

That's right he is no good, just as Jason Blake is complete crap and always has been.

It's all measured by brownlow/ Liston votes :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:So because Ledger didn't poll in the Liston it proves your point. Unbelievably stupid.

plugger66 wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

No because he was hardly picked by the coaches as I stated proves he lacks something. Can you explain why that is stupid? How many times have you seen him play Shaggy and what was your opinion on how he went? The times I saw him play he didnt deserve a vote because he plays the same as in the ones. Gets the ball and then stuffs up by trying to do far to much. Interested on what you think when you saw him.