Saints Conditioning in Watters first year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nw7
Club Player

Saints Conditioning in Watters first year

I remember lsitening to Malthouse a few years ago talking about Luke Ball and his first year at Collingwood, he said the fittness staff were really suprised that Luke'sconditioning even though he was very fit didn't allow him to run to contest after contest and play a running game and he was conditioned to get to the next contest and create stoppages, therefore he struggled for a number of months with the Collinwood style of play. I think that this is the case with most Saints running players under Ross Lyon to suit our previous successful game style and with the dramatic way we have now changed to more of a running team we should be much better off next year after a year of conditioning under a new fittness team. I wonder if our fadeouts in the last 10 minutes of the last quarter could be something to do with this.
I'm really looking forward to next season, really dissapointed we missed the finals but the footy we played was exciting, a better fittness base to suit our game style and some good kids improving should mean finals next year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Conditioning in Watters first year

We trained harder under the previous coaches and fitness people because of our game plan. Milne basically said today he wasnt fit enough early in the year.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We trained harder under the previous coaches and fitness people because of our game plan. Milne basically said today he wasnt fit enough early in the year.

actually Milne said he had sore hammy's early on in the season

not that he was not fit enough.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We trained harder under the previous coaches and fitness people because of our game plan. Milne basically said today he wasnt fit enough early in the year.

actually Milne said he had sore hammy's early on in the season

not that he was not fit enough.

He did but i think you will find that had plenty to do with his conditioning. Matter of fact I would be pretty certain of that.