Jordan Gysberts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Jordan Gysberts

I really reckon this kid can play, seems to be on the outer at Melbourne for some reason or another.
Should've played a lot more AFL by now, seems to be a ball magnet, with great skills who uses it very well.
His still only young and I'm not sure what his contract obligations are with the Dee's, but I reckon he'd be worth having a crack at getting.

I'd be more than happy to give up one or a couple of our listed players such as:

Clarke
Winmar
Peake
Polo
Jones
Archer

He would be a very good acquisition to our midfield, especially if all we had to give up was one or two of the players that I've listed above.

class of 2010
Club Player

Re: Jordan Gysberts

A mate of mine who always seems to be on top of these sort of things reckons he's going to get the chop. Apparently doesn't have the work ethic and Mark Neeld is a bit like rossy on those sort of things. Maybe a change of scene is what he needs to kick himself into gear. I really like what I've seen of him and would be very happy to pick him up if he's going cheap. The Watters environment from the outside appears to be one where encouragement and support is given to players who perhaps struggle with motivation unless carefully managed. If could coax the best out of him I think he could well develop into a Dal Santo or Goddard (when played in the midfield) type of clearance plus outside polish type player. Obviously the whispers my mate's hearing are all speculation until proven otherwise but if it all fell into place it would be a huge coup for the saints and one that could reap dividends sooner rather than later. On an un-related topic I hope Tom Gilles is on the radar from Geelong because I think he's just about to step up and become an AFL quality key back. He's only 192 so doesn't quite fit the Guerilla suppressor mould, but could be a valuable pick-up.

oh when the saints
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He's about the only one of their players you would want.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:I really reckon this kid can play, seems to be on the outer at Melbourne for some reason or another.
Should've played a lot more AFL by now, seems to be a ball magnet, with great skills who uses it very well.
His still only young and I'm not sure what his contract obligations are with the Dee's, but I reckon he'd be worth having a crack at getting.

I'd be more than happy to give up one or a couple of our listed players such as:

Clarke
Winmar
Peake
Polo
Jones
Archer

He would be a very good acquisition to our midfield, especially if all we had to give up was one or two of the players that I've listed above.

The Demons will jump at those names or they could wait until they are all delisted and get them for nothing.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I do believe Melbourne are extremely poor with their development. Just look at where Trengrove is ATM and compare him to other mids taken in the same draft. Generally players are picked high in the draft for a reason, obviously some are mistakes.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:I really reckon this kid can play, seems to be on the outer at Melbourne for some reason or another.

Clarke
Winmar
Peake
Polo
Jones
Archer

The Demons will jump at those names or they could wait until they are all delisted and get them for nothing.
Agree with plugs, no-one is going to want our rejects that can't get a game. You have to give something to get something, unless we could get him in the draft, don't like the idea of picking up guys who have been dumped for being lazy though.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I've heard that Gysberts has an ongoing back problem that is continuing to hamper him. Bit of a risk in that respect, I'd say.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Is he lazy or is it just that he along with blokes like Jamar, Silvia and Maloney who are all quality players are just struggling to understand Neeld's game plan or lack of one?????

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

class of 2010 wrote: He's only 192 so doesn't quite fit the Guerilla suppressor mould, but could be a valuable pick-up.

lol, I'm not a stickler for spelling but that one made me laugh - haven't seen that istake before

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
class of 2010 wrote: He's only 192 so doesn't quite fit the Guerilla suppressor mould, but could be a valuable pick-up.

lol, I'm not a stickler for spelling but that one made me laugh - haven't seen that istake before

Hope you are taking the piss.

Foz
Club Player

I watched the Sandy v Casey game and was an interested onlooker at Gysberts.

He's very light for AFL still, would need to improve significantly in strength. Kicked a classy goal last weekend.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:He's about the only one of their players you would want.
I think that Clark, Spencer, Grimes, Trengove, Frawley et al would all fit in quite nicely.

It is just their flankers and bottom 6 each week are just so plain shithouse that they actually find a way to put McQ, Eddy and Raph Clarke to shame.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

The Redeemer wrote:
I think that Clark, Spencer, Grimes, Trengove, Frawley et al would all fit in quite nicely.

It is just their flankers and bottom 6 each week are just so plain shithouse that they actually find a way to put McQ, Eddy and Raph Clarke to shame.
Yes also Jones & Rohan Bail would be welcome and maybe Silvia, Tapscott & Sellar
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 30 Aug 2012 5:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
class of 2010
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:

Hope you are taking the piss.
haha sorry had guerilla fighter pun intended but then changed it to suppressor...clearly a rubbish joke in the end :oops:

oh when the saints
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Leading up to the trade period and then the draft it always seems like we are going to pick up about 30 discards...

Fortunately we don't. Gysberts won't end up at the Saints, why would Scott indulge in a game of "Swap the GOPs".

Get rid of some of ours so that we can pick up some of theirs....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Middo
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Yes also Jones & Rohan Bail would be welcome and maybe Tapscott & Sellar

Howe could you miss the most obvious one ...??

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:

Yes also Jones & Rohan Bail would be welcome and maybe Silvia, Tapscott & Sellar

Howe could you miss the most obvious one ...??
Well yes, he's had a few good matches - maybe needs to do more than just going for speccies sometimes, from what I've seen (don't know his stats)

Stand your ground :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Melbourne have done nothing in the last 6 years and we have played finals most years and including two Grand final but their "bottom 6" (which is a naive term anyway) puts our bottom 6 to shame. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Can anyone confirm whether this bloke has been offered as a trade for Farren Ray, or is it just speculation???

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Can anyone confirm whether this bloke has been offered as a trade for Farren Ray, or is it just speculation???
You may get some responses to this saintbob but I seriously doubt anyone on here knows anything for sure when it comes to these rumoured trades.

Gurgman
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintbob wrote:Can anyone confirm whether this bloke has been offered as a trade for Farren Ray, or is it just speculation???
You may get some responses to this saintbob but I seriously doubt anyone on here knows anything for sure when it comes to these rumoured trades.
And trust me the Doc would know))))

And i thought this was a forum